• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
If you don't need the deposit back, worst case scenario they get another allocation right?

Although it just seems like someone pissed off Honda and theyre taking it out on Canada, because I've yet to see an FL5 in real life. 😂
the only time i seen one on the road was near 3rd line qew area...my gut tells me the person driving it was a honda sales rep and that car will end up being flipped 🤣 the few others around the GTA i have only seen online
Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Although it just seems like someone pissed off Honda and theyre taking it out on Canada, because I've yet to see an FL5 in real life. 😂
I’m not going to get into details, but Honda Canada was horrendous to deal with from a customer’s perspective. I really wouldn’t be surprised if they also pissed off Honda Global/Japan as well.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Good evening guys! A friend of mine found this one. Dealer is asking for 89,000 CAD. And apparently its brand new located in Edmonton, AB. Makes me wonder how it went passed their list of buyers. Lol

link: https://www.gohonda.ca/vehicles/H7xeXfmu9v

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_0870
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_0871

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Would have to have been a US import?
Was this imported possibly? I thought the Canadian colours are SPG, Red and CW.
That’s what I thought too. But as per my friend its a CW. I dont have an info wether its import or what. I tried to put a DP on them way back July 2022 and said they got lists of name already.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Hmm... the VIN is also low, so that could mean it's one of the first batch of Type R?

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Any idea when we can expect 2024 CTR in Canada? Is there any news at all on the 2024 models? I am still hopeful in getting one, just not sure how long the wait will be.

I'm glad to see still about 6 CTR on sale on Autotrader. Hope noone is entertaining 80k for this car. I am still of mindset, not a cent over MSRP. 2024 EN is my backup plan if dealers get gready.

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
@Terkoiz Did you follow up with your dealership about your allocation?

My Dad used to work for Honda head office back in the day, he's now looking for a new Honda to buy and is getting the run around as a retired employee it seems. So they seem to be shitty all around lol.
I didn’t end up doing so, no. I figured—and to RazgrizOne’s point—there’s no real harm in me keeping the deposit there since I don’t need it back right now/am not in a rush and they also haven’t returned it yet (due to no allocations received, for example).

My guess is one of two things:

1) They do only know they’re getting the one and only allocation but are holding out on hope for the first few on their waiting list (e.g. the first 2-4). We know other dealerships have received allocations with little to no notice at all, and so maybe they’ll cancel and return deposits once they’re concretely sure no others will come in

2) The statement about it being the only allocation could have been some salesman hoopla to make the sale seem more attractive? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Either way, my expected waiting time doesn’t change and neither does the assurance of receiving an allocation—which I knew going in. So fingers crossed until then, I guess.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I didn’t end up doing so, no. I figured—and to RazgrizOne’s point—there’s no real harm in me keeping the deposit there since I don’t need it back right now/am not in a rush and they also haven’t returned it yet (due to no allocations received, for example).

My guess is one of two things:

1) They do only know they’re getting the one and only allocation but are holding out on hope for the first few on their waiting list (e.g. the first 2-4). We know other dealerships have received allocations with little to no notice at all, and so maybe they’ll cancel and return deposits once they’re concretely sure no others will come in

2) The statement about it being the only allocation could have been some salesman hoopla to make the sale seem more attractive? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Either way, my expected waiting time doesn’t change and neither does the assurance of receiving an allocation—which I knew going in. So fingers crossed until then, I guess.
Make sense. I think most of us are in that same holding pattern anyway so no harm waiting.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Any idea when we can expect 2024 CTR in Canada? Is there any news at all on the 2024 models? I am still hopeful in getting one, just not sure how long the wait will be.
I'm thinking basically now to December '24, but they still have '23s from the delayed batch to get through. Makes me wonder how much more though considering the 550ish models we're apparently receiving over the model run.

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sense. I think most of us are in that same holding pattern anyway so no harm waiting.
I know it’s been said a million times over in this thread but I hope all of us end up with one.

It’ll be real nice when we can move on from procurement discussion and simply talk about ownership experiences and journeys. 🙌🏼

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I know it’s been said a million times over in this thread but I hope all of us end up with one.

It’ll be real nice when we can move on from procurement discussion and simply talk about ownership experiences and journeys. 🙌🏼
Couldn't agree more!

Do you have a deposit in for a Type S as a backup?

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't agree more!

Do you have a deposit in for a Type S as a backup?
I do not - doesn’t appeal to me personally as much as the new CTR. Did you? If you mentioned it earlier in the thread my bad.

If this falls through I’m more likely to go the sports coupe route, something along the lines of a GR86 or F87 M2. At least I think so for now, anyway.
Sponsored