• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Honestly, it's very tough to recommend since it depends on how far you gonna go with it. And it is a lot of money, I spent close to 10k cad on my rig. From personal experience, Logitech/TS is a safe bet to figure out if you even like sim racing. Just mount on a desk, but once you know you really want to sim race, imo you just go for the best. I have simucube 2 pro and I wasted my money before on a cheaper DD. If you want best in the future I recommend Simucube pro 2, asetek, or higher end moza base.
Appreciate the insight, it's definitely a rabbit hole I went way too far down. I started getting into the mindset of "for just a little more, you can get a better rig. E.g. thrustmaster $599, Moza R5 Bundle $799, Fanatec 8nm $999 (Sale price). Then I start reading about Thrustmaster over heating and Fanatec QA and Customer support nightmares lol never ends. You're right I think I'll just go small with a TS or Logitech and stop overthinking it lmao.
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
So far for affordable options i'm considering either the G923 or the T300RS GT
THRUSTMASTER T300 RS GT Edition Racing Wheel - PlayStation 4 and PC | Canada Computers & Electronics

My only fear is dumping cash into entry level rigs and then finding the force feedback dissatisfying and wanting something stronger, then I'd feel like I should've gone all in on like a Fanatec 8nm or Moza R9 LOL.

Based on my limited research between the G923 and T300RS, the Thrustmaster wheel is smoother and quicker to re-center since it's belt driver (vs gear driven), but the wheel is a synthetic leather or rubber. The G923 pedal set is apparently better feeling, and the wheel is actual leather.

So tough to choose LOL.
Yeah I agree, which is why I thinking to look at the used route first.

I looked at Kijiji and found some people with either the G923 or the T300RS "lightly used". Might just go with the Logitech just because I use their other stuff pretty much everyday and their quality is solid. Let me know what you end up with if you go the sim route!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Thanks for sharing this with us, I have also been waiting with a deposit for about 2 years now and the dealership in northern ontario is only getting one and the sales rep told me my order is with honda it's marked sold to me.

I asked him what if honda canada just pulls the plug on you considering you were told feb 2022 and then fall 2023 and still nothing, he said they don't dare do that. if an order is with honda it will come.

guessing by how confident he sounded, when dealerships place orders with head office, there is some sort of money movement even if it's on paper that happens (i.e. almost like they paid for it already) but anything can happen i guess.

my dealership also sounded frustrated with honda canada not communicating so much that they first allocated them 23 MY and now became a 24MY... he mentioned a couple times that he checks incoming orders on his system. so i think there is a system where they are notified of incoming inventory, the issue is that said system is one way traffic... so dealerships have no way to go after or look up updates.... whatever honda canada drops on the incoming inventory list is what they get ... most of this is my speculations and putting 2n2 together...

i am just trying to be as patient as i can with this... and if it all fails and for some reason i can't get one i am probably going to get a Type S which should be running a bit longer... i just don't see me buying anything else now ... i even turned down a GRC recently
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check in with my dealership once the MY24 is announced, and see if there's any info update at that point. Fingers crossed Honda Canada has good news to share. I would put a deposit in for the Type S for sure though. You can always pass on it as they come (I did for black one last month) and keep waiting till you get either one you want.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check in with my dealership once the MY24 is announced, and see if there's any info update at that point. Fingers crossed Honda Canada has good news to share. I would put a deposit in for the Type S for sure though. You can always pass on it as they come (I did for black one last month) and keep waiting till you get either one you want.
This is exactly my game plan. Passed as well last month and will keep passing until absolutely cant anymore. Hopefully we can do a small meetup once we all get our cars next year :)

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Its real frustrating but I think I am deadset on this car at this point even over the Type S. I'm willing to wait and think Ill pass on the ITS if it comes available before the CTR again. And pretty much lines up what my GM said too, Honda system is 1 way, info just shows up a few weeks prior and thats it. Seems like either once loaded on Vancouver bound boat or landed is when they are notified. Seems pretty crappy in this day and age..
I know how you feel, it is pretty frustrating! I think we all are... Honestly I am set on the CTR too but currently 75k+ for a used CTR is not ideal emphasis on used, which is why making me lean into brand new ITS for that same price... but I think that i won't be satisfied and will always want a CTR

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS
I know how you feel, it is pretty frustrating! I think we all are... Honestly I am set on the CTR too but currently 75k+ for a used CTR is not ideal emphasis on used, which is why making me lean into brand new ITS for that same price... but I think that i won't be satisfied and will always want a CTR
Iā€™m not going to say which one is better and what not. For me personally and even though I didnā€™t need a car, the ITS was the one that popped up first and I couldnā€™t wait anymore for if even a ctr will show up. I donā€™t think my Honda deposits were in for 2 years but itā€™s closing in to that timeframe. Itā€™s been at least 1.5yrs. I just checked and even my Acura deposit has reached the 1yr milestone lol. Communication is horrible and even with Acura, it wasnā€™t that great.

I went ITS partially due to impatience but also because I wanted to just enjoy the ride as theyā€™re both twins. I can say with full confidence that the driving has been super fun so if you choose ITS, youā€™re not going to regret it in the driving/feeling department. Even if a CTR shows up, at least youā€™ll have the option of weighing between the 2 instead of constantly waiting.

Maybe Honda needs to buy their boat transport company too and maybe just buy everything so they have better line of sight into their logistics cause clearly it currently isnā€™t working lol. Although, itā€™s probably just Honda Canada sucking ass.

also down for meet ups hahaha forgot to say. Looking forward to seeing all of you and also just seeing everyone is their awesome cars!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Iā€™m not going to say which one is better and what not. For me personally and even though I didnā€™t need a car, the ITS was the one that popped up first and I couldnā€™t wait anymore for if even a ctr will show up. I donā€™t think my Honda deposits were in for 2 years but itā€™s closing in to that timeframe. Itā€™s been at least 1.5yrs. I just checked and even my Acura deposit has reached the 1yr milestone lol. Communication is horrible and even with Acura, it wasnā€™t that great.

I went ITS partially due to impatience but also because I wanted to just enjoy the ride as theyā€™re both twins. I can say with full confidence that the driving has been super fun so if you choose ITS, youā€™re not going to regret it in the driving/feeling department. Even if a CTR shows up, at least youā€™ll have the option of weighing between the 2 instead of constantly waiting.

Maybe Honda needs to buy their boat transport company too and maybe just buy everything so they have better line of sight into their logistics cause clearly it currently isnā€™t working lol. Although, itā€™s probably just Honda Canada sucking ass.

also down for meet ups hahaha forgot to say. Looking forward to seeing all of you and also just seeing everyone is their awesome cars!
Congrats again on the car! What colour did you get? Pics!

RazgrizOne

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Regarding our side chat about sim racing:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-update-138-coming-20230923/

FL5 Type R drops September 28th!!!

EDIT: Thereā€™s a cool looking 5th gen civic hatch in there that was part of the GT movie. Never watched the movie but good to have another classic in the game.
I've had the game since launch and I've been paitienly waiting for the FL5 since.

You can only watch the camo car trailer so many times.

Now I can finally put some TE37SL's on there šŸ˜‚

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondaā€™s
On a Canada only Facebook group, someone who works at Honda as a sale person posted this, itā€™s true we All in hot water to get our fl5 in Canada šŸ˜­

Canada will get less the 500 cars over the 3 year run and thatā€™s a guarantee. Donā€™t blame dealers or honda Canada itā€™s Honda Japan they donā€™t see Canada over the US and euro. Classic Honda is the number 1 honda dealer in Canada and they will get 6 cars over the 3 years if they are lucky. They have only gotten 2 for the 2023 product year I work for Honda and I spoke to dealer reps ect every ones in the dark. If you get a FL5 I wouldnā€™t sell that thing it will be a GEM and prices will rise even high once production stops.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Gotta say sounds believable, I'm don't feel surprised. I still think 2024 CTR MSRP going to jump a hell of a lot more than most people think. Imo, I said this before, I'm afraid they will raise MSRP close to 60k in Canada, unless there is a Canadian law that prevents such a hike.

It sucks less and less enthusiast sports cars out there, seems like they can charge whatever they want at this point. I mean look at the Nissan Z Nismo, it's going to be what 70k in Canada? People will probably buy too which is the crazy part

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
On a Canada only Facebook group, someone who works at Honda as a sale person posted this, itā€™s true we All in hot water to get our fl5 in Canada šŸ˜­

Canada will get less the 500 cars over the 3 year run and thatā€™s a guarantee. Donā€™t blame dealers or honda Canada itā€™s Honda Japan they donā€™t see Canada over the US and euro. Classic Honda is the number 1 honda dealer in Canada and they will get 6 cars over the 3 years if they are lucky. They have only gotten 2 for the 2023 product year I work for Honda and I spoke to dealer reps ect every ones in the dark. If you get a FL5 I wouldnā€™t sell that thing it will be a GEM and prices will rise even high once production stops.
Straight up, I don't really care what some guy on Facebook "who works for Honda" has to say about the whole thing. I'm perfectly fine waiting for my allocation to come in. Is it annoying? For sure, and you know what? That's the market as it is now. We can't control shit. The dealerships don't control shit. You got your deposit in and that hopefully that secures your allocation. IF that fails to materialize, there's the Type S. Make sure you have deposits for both.

2024's for both US and Canada have yet to be announced. It wouldn't surprise me if they did increase the price by a 3-5 grand for us. If it means they'll be selling them here or adding more allocation I'm all for it. I'm over the doom and gloom surrounding the car. It's killing the vibe for the car. Now I need to go to Honda Canada to check out the Type R they have sitting in the employee lot rejuvenate the good vibes.

EDIT: Good Vibes
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want AADAD652-844A-4CC0-ABC3-DA47366B895F_1_105_c

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 174ECC81-8587-43E1-940A-D618EE21F7D3_1_105_c

Last edited:

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
So this guy has spoken to all the reps and dealers who admit they know nothing but he is claiming that we will get "less than 500"?? That's a lot of speculation and means nothing to me lol. Im not expecting a ton of cars but this has zero basis.
Sponsored