• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So glad I passed.

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic TYPE R 2023 M3 COMP 2022 F150 Shelby
You are more than welcomed to interact with us honda owners. However, will never join a toyota forum
Too funny! I had a 2023 GR Corolla, I was once On the "Darkside" but came to my senses and moved to the Type R community and now I feel as if I am one with the CTR..... too dramatic? LOL
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
You are more than welcomed to interact with us honda owners. However, will never join a toyota forum
Oh, thank goodness! I was waiting with bated breath for the official decree to mingle with the Honda elite. Your magnanimous permission is truly a blessing. May the Toyota gods forgive my daring cross-brand exploration and grant me safe passage in these uncharted Honda waters.

And here I thought Toyota forums were a sensitive bunch.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too funny! I had a 2023 GR Corolla, I was once On the "Darkside" but came to my senses and moved to the Type R community and now I feel as if I am one with the CTR..... too dramatic? LOL
That’s because you had a GRC, which is and always will be an afterthought. A platform that’s 400 lbs heavier and shares virtually nothing with the GRY, aside from the engine and a few other bits.

tingli107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STI, GT4
Let’s not get too carried away here. Following that line of thought to the extreme, one might as well spend recklessly on unaffordable luxuries with the rationale of 'you might die tomorrow.' For example, why not overload on loans, put down just 5% on a dream house and a Porsche, without worrying about the feasibility of paying them off? It's all about living in the moment, right? In my opinion, that's not sound advice.

Furthermore, when I see people who earn significantly less than me driving brand new cars, it raises concerns about our collective financial wisdom. It seems to reflect a broader issue with national debt and the culture of 'buy now, worry later,' even when it's beyond one's means.

However, everyone's situation is unique. Encouraging impulse purchases, especially for something like the FL5 Civic Type R at over market value, seems imprudent and somewhat immature. People's circumstances vary greatly – whether they're single, married with kids, their risk tolerance, current debts, and so on. Suggesting that everyone should jump on the latest trend without considering these factors is, in my view, ill-advised. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy it, but I do think many who bought this car at a markup probably made a financially unwise decision.

At the end of the day, though, it's not my place to dictate others' financial choices. If they're comfortable making those decisions, more power to them. But I believe it's worth considering the broader implications of such spending habits.
Most people need to listen to this guy. I’ve been around plenty of death, illness and sickness, and frankly if my family members were sick the last thing I care about is my car hobby. As with everything in life there’s a balance.

This Fomo and YOLO mentality is exactly what these dealers prey on and why markups remain high.

No need to brag about how much adm you can afford to pay. Reality is most people interested in these cars are not in your situation. It’s an obtainable dream car for most. I see people paying 10k adm and taking out high interest loans just to afford it which is one of the worst financial decisions you can make. Then god forbid something happen you end in a huge financial hole on a depreciating asset.

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, thank goodness! I was waiting with bated breath for the official decree to mingle with the Honda elite. Your magnanimous permission is truly a blessing. May the Toyota gods forgive my daring cross-brand exploration and grant me safe passage in these uncharted Honda waters.

And here I thought Toyota forums were a sensitive bunch.
No one here cares if you are here on the CTR forum "If all good" just rassing you is all. It sounded like you were giving financial advice when it was not needed. No one here is saying to spend all your money on things you do not need. Just that if you have the money and you want it don't wait just do it, and have fun.... there is never a good time to spend your savings. And none of us are getting any younger...so if you want the CTR and you're going to drive it for fun and not buy it as an investment then buy.... it damn the ADM's and God bless you if you get it as MSRP... your a better negotiator than me! LOL

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After you meet with OP for coffee hopefully both of you can share your dealer funding strategies.
Not sure what you mean, could you be more clear? or correct English.....be clearer? I shopped multiple dealers and got an MSRP deal on my 2023 M3 comp......but when I shopped around at about 15 different Honda dealers it was all the same. 10K to 15K AMD. So if you were able to do better Great but don't dogg those that paid more. I wanted the car so I paid for it. You would be happy if you owned a CTR but you don't you have an Acura TYPE S. Guys like me and others on here are helping to keep the resale value up. Lastly, I could have bought a Type S for a little under MSRP in Dallas (Parkplace)

FYI the Integra Type forum is a few clicks over lol

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have fun on your coffee date
OMG another Integra guy on the CTR forum What is there no one on the Integra Si forum for you to Chat with?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one here cares if you are here on the CTR forum "If all good" just rassing you is all. It sounded like you were giving financial advice when it was not needed. No one here is saying to spend all your money on things you do not need. Just that if you have the money and you want it don't wait just do it, and have fun.... there is never a good time to spend your savings. And none of us are getting any younger...so if you want the CTR and you're going to drive it for fun and not buy it as an investment then buy.... it damn the ADM's and God bless you if you get it as MSRP... your a better negotiator than me! LOL

Clearly, there is some level of care about this topic, otherwise, a thread like this wouldn't have 3 pages worth of comments.

The core discussion here revolves around the financial wisdom of paying ADM for a limited Civic. It's important to remember that this is a public forum, and opinions, including mine, are shared freely and are as valid as anyone else's.

My comment was never about advising people to not buy this car. You definitely missed the point. The focus was on the financial implications and decision-making process in purchasing high-demand vehicles like the CTR, especially at a premium. It's about balancing the joy of ownership with financial prudence.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG another Integra guy on the CTR forum What is there no one on the Integra Si forum for you to Chat with?
What is with you bashing anyone who discusses cross-platform topics involving Honda? It's a forum; diverse and civil discussions are what make it interesting.

How old are you again?

Stop hating.

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is with you bashing anyone who discusses cross-platform topics involving Honda? It's a forum; diverse and civil discussions are what make it interesting.

How old are you again?

Stop hating.

Who is hating? I am responding to his dumb remark " Have fun on your coffee date "What is that even supposed to mean? and who are you? I could care less if you or "nawfoo the devil" is on here it's just funny that he is the one who said too you " You are more than welcomed to interact with us honda owners. However, will never join a Toyota forum" too you... both of you own different cars You have a Toyota and him a Si Acura .....I could give a shit if you or nafool is on here.....enjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is hating? I am responding to his dumb remark " Have fun on your coffee date "What is that even supposed to mean? and who are you? I could care less if you or "nawfoo the devil" is on here it's just funny that he is the one who said too you " You are more than welcomed to interact with us honda owners. However, will never join a Toyota forum" too you... both of you own different cars You have a Toyota and him a Si Acura .....I could give a shit if you or nafool is on here.....enjoy
Oh, so you could care less and you could give a shit? Are you sure?

Calm down, it's all in good fun. If folks want to pay ridiculous markups, nobody is stopping them.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Therefore, I'm quite comfortable with the idea of not rushing into the current market frenzy. Whether it means waiting several years to buy at MSRP or eventually opting for a Limited Edition or some special version of the FL5, which seems inevitable, patience seems the wiser strategy.
If you're only willing to pay MSRP I highly doubt you'll be getting a Limited Edition FL5 without paying some markup. Maybe its worth it in your eyes in this situation though?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're only willing to pay MSRP I highly doubt you'll be getting a Limited Edition FL5 without paying some markup. Maybe its worth it in your eyes in this situation though?
The key idea I'm trying to convey is that, based on my experiences, patience usually pays off. I'm firm on paying MSRP for the "standard" model. The longer I wait, the higher the chances of finding a car at MSRP. I'm aware that Limited Editions typically have a higher price tag, and I'm certainly not under the illusion that I could get an LE at MSRP - nor do I expect that anyone else could easily do so. My point is that patience often leads to more financially advantageous outcomes, even if it means paying more for a variant I ultimately prefer.

Of course, individual circumstances vary. If one has the financial means without concern, they might have already bought an FL5 with a markup. However, I suspect that many who have paid significant markups for this car aren't in a position of such financial freedom. This is just an observation, not a judgment.
Sponsored