• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So glad I passed.

Texas58

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I had always wanted a CTR but never pulled the trigger. Then the Acura ITS came out and I liked it. Local Acura dealer had one when they first hit and they were nearly $20K in add ons and mark ups. I passed, Then I found my 23 Boost Blue, still paid $10K over but very happy. Now I see the same Acura dealer with 5 ITS all at MSRP. The CTR will always be more desireable because of the over production of the ITS. I think I dodged a bullet and a huge loss of money.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
Congratulations on the type R. DFW market has been nuts enjoy your R.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I donā€™t think thereā€™s an over-production on the ITS. The problem is that the MSRP is significantly more than a CTR while being essentially the same car ; And both cars are largely targeted at the same customer. As you said, it boils down to the fact that most would rather have a CTR when given the choice. Either way, glad you got the car you really wanted at a price youā€™re comfortable with. Thatā€™s all that matters.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Had an ITS locked down myself after getting frustrated by the CTR market. Thankfully, my wife talked me down and correctly assessed that I would be settling for something I didnā€™t really want. Found mine at reasonable ADM that was still less than the ITR I was slated for and it all worked out. Welcome to the club sir, good group of guys on here!

wrxdev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, FL5 CTR
Share a similar sentiment. Even with the markup I paid, my CTR was a few grand less than the ITS at MSRP. I still like the ITS and I do not think it is being over-produced.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Congrats. Sad you had to pay above MSRP. Both are great cars. I do prefer one over the otheršŸ˜‰
Still trying to track down the boost blue that was behind me.. I'm sure he enjoyed some nice exhaust tunes.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23ā€™ Type R
Congrats. Sad you had to pay above MSRP. Both are great cars. I do prefer one over the otheršŸ˜‰
Still trying to track down the boost blue that was behind me.. I'm sure he enjoyed some nice exhaust tunes.
Damn @Texas58 . Pinched a nerve there. :lol:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
You dodged a huge loss of money by giving a dealer $10k in exchange for nothing? If you're looking for a financial advisor OP is the one.
Yeah. The only bullet dodged was a big one on that ITS with $20k markup, but then he turned around and took a smaller $10k bullet full-on in the faceā€¦.IN THE FAAAACE.šŸ¤£

But heyā€¦like I said, if the OP is comfortable with it, then itā€™s of no consequence. However, coming back and saying heā€™s glad he didnā€™t buy an ITS indeed sounds like copium. Goodbye $10k. No sense in dwelling on it now.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
I had always wanted a CTR but never pulled the trigger. Then the Acura ITS came out and I liked it. Local Acura dealer had one when they first hit and they were nearly $20K in add ons and mark ups. I passed, Then I found my 23 Boost Blue, still paid $10K over but very happy. Now I see the same Acura dealer with 5 ITS all at MSRP. The CTR will always be more desireable because of the over production of the ITS. I think I dodged a bullet and a huge loss of money.
ITS could be had for msrp from early on. My dealer was MSRP back in July and I picked it up. Glad you didnā€™t pay 20k in add-ons even 5k over MSRP is ridiculous. For me personally type R or type S wasnā€™t relevant, Iā€™ve been waiting for the Integra revival for 20 years having owned on from 2000.

There are some features in the ITS geared for luxury such as the adaptive dampers, heated seats etc. do I think itā€™s worth the cost over the CTR? I donā€™t think itā€™s worth the cost but I wanted an Integra no matter what. In the end hope everyone gets one of these for the best price possible

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Price paid - important. By all means shop.
What you bought- far more important.
Being able to enjoy it and experience it -while you can - most important.

The time is right before closing, early 2020, and I am finishing up with the finance manager at a local Honda dealer, making my CTR dream finally come true.
In conversation, he replies wistfully that he much prefers driving a manual, but can't any more due to severe issues with his knees. He looks to be 20-25 years younger than I am. Not always about the money.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Cornercarver Absolutely agree. Money can be made. Timeā€¦not so much. Everyone has their own set of circumstances. And part of life is sometimes learning the best lessons the hard way too and living with the decisions, good, bad, or ugly.

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
OP, you overpaid by 10 grand.. you paid 55k plus taxes and depending on sales taxes, it could be 58 or 59k for a civic.. Meanwhile I'm over here struggling to pull the trigger on an msrp ctr cause it's not really an upgrade from mine.