TW00Si
Senior Member
I bought 2 of the Dream front seat covers. Opened up one for the passenger side for track day. Way overpriced. Haven’t even opened the other one. The rear is also not very good but useful with a toddler.
Sponsored
All good. We've all bought something for a car, part or service, we wish we didn't. But yeah, live and learn. It's not like it's not useful. It is, it's just overpriced. I'd rather have Dream seat covers instead of no seat covers.Yeah, can totally admit I have some buyers remorse, but live and learn, they will be nice when working on the car, etc.
These look great! I only wish there's an option to buy only 1 for the driver side onlyI didn’t want to spend a ton on seat cover so I went with dri-seats. Only $40, waterproof, the red matches pretty well, and easy on and off when needed for things like the gym or rain, etc. Works nicely for me as I only use it when needed and it folds up and can fit in my door pocket.
https://www.dri-seats.com/products/waterproof-seat-cover-dri-seats?variant=14344567783473
What do you mean? The link I sent you is for 1 only. Please take another look. I got mine for drivers side only for $40.These look great! I only wish there's an option to buy only 1 for the driver side only![]()
Didn't realized it was just for 1. It's pretty pricey for just 1. There are a few on Amazon for around $15, but unfortunately isn't red. Not sure if I want red enough to pay $40 for one.What do you mean? The link I sent you is for 1 only. Please take another look. I got mine for drivers side only for $40.
To me it'd seem the same as just putting a blanket or beach towel over the seat, especially if just using it for certain occasions like coming from gym, beach, etc.These look great! I only wish there's an option to buy only 1 for the driver side only![]()
It is exactly like putting a blanket or beach towel over the seat, just a slightly more form-fitting one. That's why I can't justify paying anything more than $15 for one.To me it'd seem the same as just putting a blanket or beach towel over the seat, especially if just using it for certain occasions like coming from gym, beach, etc.
Nothing like putting a blanket or beach towel. This is much thinner and also has a waterproof backing to it to not allow any moisture through. I wouldn’t compare this to anything cheaper found on Amazon but to each their own.It is exactly like putting a blanket or beach towel over the seat, just a slightly more form-fitting one. That's why I can't justify paying anything more than $15 for one.
Other than the color, what's so superior with the dri-seats vs this amazon version? I'm actually curious to know.Nothing like putting a blanket or beach towel. This is much thinner and also has a waterproof backing to it to not allow any moisture through. I wouldn’t compare this to anything cheaper found on Amazon but to each their own.
I’ll admit I didn’t come across this when I was searching a few months ago. It’s possible the performance is similar. For me the requirements were red, something easy on and off, and small enough to fold and put in door pocket. The Amazon fabric does seem to be a bit thicker and more towel like, and overall much longer so I doubt it would roll up small enough to meet my requirement. The dri seat one is more like a thin performance fabric. This option doesn’t seem bad but not having red option would be the deal breaker for me. This could work for someone who doesn’t care about that. I will say that I wish the dri seat was a little longer but it’s just enough to protect the seating surface which is good enough for me.Other than the color, what's so superior with the dri-seats vs this amazon version? I'm actually curious to know.
https://www.amazon.com/Teuaktty-Protective-Protectors-Waterproof-Sweatproof/dp/B0DSB9XFHX/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=EF5YFHTTEB3L&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ibsUIMe690f13u1Y56brrQCtrhNRdIrvR6iaHD1cZBA4UPy3g1wN-0usCnM4rjAy-A1xrmGxm3SR8j8zImc8V5jigbbyPg2wJilc0OSYC4WMT0BYEoNPUUJZtIPTkxiyJ6SZi8W_M0sY6cjA0VEUbyElb13wVdEkpdhzg89JF8Hf3RqTbkoz_H-uzpNTg7g8O1z46P6Tddofd75c2KSoGR71R8-If6-3vs6dUo5a-t049bzbaOUg6dR8MrFERlN43PLMVp0VSvsjZib5z-3iRKLhX_hk222GpCY2o_kDMoY.4YyPAuHYsCKC6Gjy0qOGY2dciN7Ez1Ix0Nza-FHLRE0&dib_tag=se&keywords=seat+covers+waterproof&qid=1757871940&sprefix=seat+covers,aps,156&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
Appreciate your the feedbackI’ll admit I didn’t come across this when I was searching a few months ago. It’s possible the performance is similar. For me the requirements were red, something easy on and off, and small enough to fold and put in door pocket. The Amazon fabric does seem to be a bit thicker and more towel like, and overall much longer so I doubt it would roll up small enough to meet my requirement. The dri seat one is more like a thin performance fabric. This option doesn’t seem bad but not having red option would be the deal breaker for me. This could work for someone who doesn’t care about that. I will say that I wish the dri seat was a little longer but it’s just enough to protect the seating surface which is good enough for me.