• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
Here's a list of styling cues that appear to be similar or identical to the accord in my above side-by-side.

The hood line length and shape
The placement of the rear red reflector
The absence of side markers (integrated into the headlamp like the accord)
The shape of both side windows.
The base of the windshield, where it falls relative to the front wheel.
The placement of the door handles.
The absence of a hatch.
The shape of the roofline.
The shape of both doors.
The shape of the trunklid.
You know what, I can see it now too. Could this be a coincidence with the next gen TLX reveal scheduled for next week?

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Everything is turning into a Dodge Charger

Type R U My Mother?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R (sold), 2012 Audi S5 V8/6MT
Lmao at all the complaints for a heavily camo’d car. You can grab the silhouette from this, that’s mostly it. Any lines for the headlights/taillights and intakes/vents are purposely broken up and obscured.

Hope they clean up the rear bumper design this time around, otherwise I thought the FK8 exterior design was great. I can accept fake vents in the front considering just about every manufacturer does this to some degree, but huge non-functional rear vents (on any trim level) seem out of place to me.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
accord.png
typer.png

It shares a lot of proportion, style, and body shape with the accord that it just doesn't share with the Type R.

Look at the hard lines around the doors, particularly the panel gaps but also the rear of the rear door window.

The front end/nose also looks a lot more proportioned like the accord.

The thing throwing me off is the hang past the rear wheel is much shorter, but it still doesn't look like the Type R either.

You can also see the rear window/windscreen appears to be similar to the accord and is hard-affixed. There is no indication on this test mule that it is a hatchback. It looks like a straight up sedan to me, with a shortened rear end.

Would they have made the accord shorter for a Type R version?
The front half resembles the accord while the back resembles the civic type R. Hmm it’s definitely a big change. They might be on to something here. The wing has also been redesigned. That camo is doing a damn good job at protecting the styling because I can’t make much out of it.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
I already don’t like it.
-
Add ons: Judging by the way the infotainment is positioned, it looks like a heavy sport variant of the accord line.

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! 1590165077621

brettclutch

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
The window lines, the mirror, the door handle, the door line panel all match the accord. Pretty sure that's an accord type R variant in test not a next gen civic.

However with car sales slowing way down in the US, if I was Mr. Honda CEO I would likely seriously consider combining the accord and the civic into a single production car and just offer a single sedan in hatchback/fastback or sedan version and be done. Maybe we see a possible step that way, not sure.

Syntek

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
call me crazy but...

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! 1590164926215

....does that look like a differential housing right above the exhaust between the two bolts?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I agree with a few guys on here... first thing that came to my mind is that this is the Accord Type R.
It’s also really odd-timing to see a 2022 CTR right after releasing a limited edition for 2021. It’s the lagging Accord sales that needs a jolt in the arm.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
It could be just me lacking some info, but how do we know it's a Civic Type R? Or if it's even a Honda?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
This is a new car. It's not a refresh.
That's why it does not look like current gen Type-R, or current gen Accord.
Just like how 10th gen civic doesn't look anything like the 9th gen.

Also, let's remember that these test mules rarely use production parts at this stage of the development.
So whatever you see isn't exactly what you will see when it actually comes out.
Oh and let's not forget that the whole thing's covered in camo lol I see a lot of people with some x-ray vision or something.

NeedThatHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage De coupe 2003
Objectively, it's definitely more flat and straighter. It reminds me a lot of more traditional vroomvrooms like mustangs or camaro.

Subjectively? It'll either end up a wannabe attempt and look like a mashup of a mustang and a hatchback and look worse than both..or it'll be a more sharp, mature hatch that exhumes power and style instead of the 10th gen's sporty and sleek