• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
So no photoshop experts out there that can work some magic based on these photos?
Sponsored

JT Si

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si
So no photoshop experts out there that can work some magic based on these photos?
We've already worked out the doors, roof, front fenders, windshield, and hood match up near perfect with the current Accord.

What else do you want? They obviously put current accord panels onto the thing. Whether it's meant to conceal the real thing or if it's actually just a less-than-well camouflaged Accord Fastback Type R, well that's all speculation.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
These look like two different cars or taken at different times. One photo has the trailer hitch while the other one doesn’t.

This may have AWD due to the weird exhaust pipe routing to make room for the drive shaft and or rear differential.

The Camry will be getting AWD soon, which makes me think this is a performance Accord to compete with a future Camry TRD Pro with AWD.

Don’t you find it odd that an 11th gen Type R spy shot would show up before the 11th gen base Civic?

Last edited:

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
99.9% sure those are type r seats in the pictures. They look identical to current gen
Looking closer I think you're right

Pretty sure the hand in the picture is the passengers hand. Not the driver's hand. You can even see his face blurred in the pictures.

Also, given the styling of the rims and the design of the headlights, 99.9% sure we can call this a Honda, while different in shape, the headlights still share the same LED reflector and turn signal placement the current civic LEDs use. I hardly think the steering wheel design can determine whether this is a honda or not. Honda rarely uses the same steering wheel across models (there's always small changes)... also, look at the wheel in the new Fit and Urban EV and you can see similarities in the round center Airbag housing.. and maybe the new CTR has it's own design for the steering wheel.
Hmmm, that hand still looks like a right hand to me, that lifted finger got to be the pointer, I agree there's another person on the passenger seat, and like others suggested, maybe his/her hand just isn't holding the knob.

I agree to the LED headlight, but the rims are kinda generic...

Steering wheel is hard to tell, and I agree they could have a completely new design. But yea, they are small changes, like the current USDM Fit and the 9th Gen Civic, or 10th Gen Civic and the current CRV, even the Pilot and Passport shares the same kind of airbag.

The new Fit and the Honda e does have a similar circle airbag, but the spy picture doesn't show it has the details the Fit and e has, they have a pressed in circle with the horn mark on left and right...

Anyway, I just don't like the notion that this is for sure a new Civic Type R, before Honda actually admits it (or officially leak it), they can still make lots of changes, perhaps seeing how people is reacting now, they can just toss this design, especially seeing that hanging exhaust, this prototype just feel so far from production.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I'm not sure you know what rule of thumb means,,,
It's been Honda's rule of thumb to bastardize the Civic and Accord to upsell you their Acura lineup. Didn't work too well for Acura though. People still preferred their ugly Civic/Accord to the uglier Acura.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
This whole thread is giving me 9gen civic forum flashbacks. Y’all would think anything that isn’t a 10gen civic is ugly haha.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The front vents look much bigger than an FK8, which makes me think it could be Honda testing some new Acura with the new 3.0 turbo.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Last edited:

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Wasn’t the next ILX supposed to be on the 5 door platform? I seriously think this could be an Acura product.

Rick495

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic SI
The 2018 Accord was moved to a lengthened Civic platform. It would be very easy to graft Accord body panels on to the Civic mule. I hope they clean up the awkward rear shape of the hatch. There are too many contradicting line where the sedan is a smoother design. I hope they keep the coupe. But coupe sales have been dropping all throughout the industry.

civicmanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
It's been Honda's rule of thumb to bastardize the Civic and Accord to upsell you their Acura lineup. Didn't work too well for Acura though. People still preferred their ugly Civic/Accord to the uglier Acura.
As do you.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Yeah im getting BMW vibes from the front at least. Doesnt look bad though from what I can tell, we'll have to see once the camo is removed. Im glad to hear that the Type R is still going though since theres been a lot of speculation that it would be cancelled.
Sponsored