• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The 10th gen interior materials are a disaster too.
Just sit in a 2020 Mazda 3 and then go to a 2020 Honda Civic (same price range). It's very disappointing.
I would hardly call the 10G interior materials a disaster. Sit in ANY small affordable compact and you'll see about the same or worse quality materials used throughout. In fact, with the exception of the Mazda3, the civic's interior material selection is closer to top of the class for this price range of car. Mazda is the oddball out because of their luxury automaker aspirations. Most automakers that still sell a compact sedan use far more hard plastics in obvious touch points than the civic does.

A new exception to that might be the new Sentra's interior (it at least looks nice, but I haven't had the chance to sit in one yet). But Nissan put all the of the money in the Sentra's interior and the car suffers from it mechanically and dynamically. You could say some of the same about the Mazda3(downgraded rear suspension setup). I'd personally rather have a car that performs better with a slightly cheaper interior than a lush interior and ho-hum dynamics in how the car performs.

Also important to keep in mind... just because an interior looks and feels nice, does NOT mean the materials are of actual quality, and could wear very badly over time compared to the objectively "cheaper" looking/feeling materials.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Also important to keep in mind... just because an interior looks and feels nice, does NOT mean the materials are of actual quality, and could wear very badly over time compared to the objectively "cheaper" looking/feeling materials.

The KDM cars and USDM come to mind

koivuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
I really dislike the headlights with the integrated side markers, on the genx civic was one of my favorite things about it since you could either wrap/tint the oem side markers, or get aftermarket ones that looked better. the orange makes the vibe of the car a bit funky i feel, and i wish they didn't revert for the genxi

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I really dislike the headlights with the integrated side markers, on the genx civic was one of my favorite things about it since you could either wrap/tint the oem side markers, or get aftermarket ones that looked better. the orange makes the vibe of the car a bit funky i feel, and i wish they didn't revert for the genxi
I’ve actually always wished our side markers were in the headlights lol. Looks cleaner that way to me.

koivuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
I’ve actually always wished our side markers were in the headlights lol. Looks cleaner that way to me.
Ever since i got into cars i really despised the 3 sectioned look of traditional headlights, like towards the center is the high beam, in the middle is low beam and outer edge is turn signal. Never was a fan, but since the newer led headlights have come out, the full led look really looks a lot better to me, and it allows the ugly orange to be ridden. Although I understand that the orange is a safety feature and it's required by law to be there, if it's separate like on the genx civic or the newer chargers, it can be modified. The law actually only requires orange light to come from the side markers, so if the side marker isn't orange but the light coming from it is, it's legal. To each his own i suppose.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Positives: steering wheel and LED headlamps

Negatives: Rear bumper and dash appear more plain

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
One thing that hasn't been mentioned but will prove interesting is seating position. One of the big plusses for a lot of people was the 10th gens low, almost sports car like seating feel. I wonder if Honda Japan (designers of the 11th gen) will change that. I mean, this 11th gen design is certainly a bit boxier and more upright looking and the dash certainly is.

I could be wrong here. But as you know Honda Japan stopped selling the 10th gen sedan there a while back. It just didn't sell. Maybe this conservative new car is their way of trying to get the domestic customers back.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
You guys sure this isn’t the next accord model or a new luxury line and not the civic? The more I see prints the more I think next gen accord. Less they REALLY bout to change the civic from the ground up into a new league.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hated it in the 9th, loved that it was changed to the side of the car on the X. Then I ended up hating it again and swapped the entire assemble for UnityPerformance ones. Same as I hated the reflectors in the 9th and wanted projectors. Got my ‘19 sport and loved it came with projectors. Then I ended up hating it and got the Morimoto LED assembly unit. We..*cough* I *cough* will never be satisfied. But that’s the perks of Honda having a huge aftermarket scene. ?
-
Edits: I KEEP FAT FINGERING!

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full LED headlights, which is great but nowadays standard.
It is disappointing that there is still halogen bulbs for rear turn signals. Honda uses halogen blinkers in the civic since 1972...
With the competitions going full LED front and back I agree. Even some are slapping it on their base models.

blkshp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Here are some realistic renders giving a much better idea of how the real car will look. I like it.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic (11th gen) Dashboard, Steering Wheel, Bumpers, Lighting Revealed ab7d9ea978b74fffac78572dc70290b1_800
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic (11th gen) Dashboard, Steering Wheel, Bumpers, Lighting Revealed 1d47ed276ab04673be24690637595214_800 (1)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
Those taillights really remind of Hyundai taillights. Specifically the Elantra (last generation). Or Mazda’s without the circular part.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
A little TLX like too

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic (11th gen) Dashboard, Steering Wheel, Bumpers, Lighting Revealed Screenshot_20201003-113226

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Man all these cars are startling the same
Sponsored