• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start

Are you having extreme lag on the audio screen?

• Yes, Just Android Auto is extremely laggy from time to time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I hate that disclaimer screen, can't we hack that out of the system, it is the only lag I get because of that stupid screen., everything else works great. Do all Civics get this dumb disclaimer screen and delay ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Hatch
Have you guys managed to fix the lagginess at all? Did the 5 resets help?

DmoneyDeckwa

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport, 2022 civic si
Hey all,
I wanted to share a video of some extreme sluggishness I am getting on the infotainment system when I start my car some mornings. It is not every time, but it has happened 3/5 days that I have had my car. I am using wireless CarPlay, but I have noticed before that if you can get to the main Honda menu (the Audio Screen): it also lags as well pretty badly.

It always goes away by about 60 seconds after and is smooth again. So I'm guessing it's utilizing all 4GB of ram at boot and takes a bit to free up its memory. But I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue as well.

Video Demonstration of Lag:

I put up a poll that you can answer as well to see at a glance what others my be experiencing. The Audio Screen is the screen I'm referring to by pressing the Honda button in android auto / carplay that returns you to the native OS.

Your ping seems to be too high .

Oldheel88

First Name
Raheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic
Hopping into this thread with the exact same complaint as OP. I have a 2022 Sport Touring Hatchback that I bought in Oct 2021. This has been an issue ever since.

Apple Car Play is extremely laggy for the first 1-3 minutes after starting the car then starts to work fine after.

Incredibly frustrating and I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution. Honda dealership can’t seem to reproduce the issue lol.

Has anybody found a fix or solution?

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
Yea. At this point the car has conditioned me not to touch Apple CP for about the first 2 minutes of a drive.

Oldheel88

First Name
Raheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic
it’s nice to know I’m not alone in this. I wonder if w can add more ram xD

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Hey all,
I wanted to share a video of some extreme sluggishness I am getting on the infotainment system when I start my car some mornings. It is not every time, but it has happened 3/5 days that I have had my car. I am using wireless CarPlay, but I have noticed before that if you can get to the main Honda menu (the Audio Screen): it also lags as well pretty badly.

It always goes away by about 60 seconds after and is smooth again. So I'm guessing it's utilizing all 4GB of ram at boot and takes a bit to free up its memory. But I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue as well.

Video Demonstration of Lag:

I put up a poll that you can answer as well to see at a glance what others my be experiencing. The Audio Screen is the screen I'm referring to by pressing the Honda button in android auto / carplay that returns you to the native OS.
Does it ever brick? the 10th gen screen on the type r shuts off whenever it want. I am researching to see if I should stay OEM and just put the 11th gen part idc about sluggishness if it works I use my phone most the time anyway I just like to have the google maps gps on

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
I am researching to see if I should stay OEM and just put the 11th gen part idc
Well, you aren't doing this. Not unless you are buying a GenXI Type R as your solution. The system in the new Civics is radically different from that in the GenX.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Well, you aren't doing this. Not unless you are buying a GenXI Type R as your solution. The system in the new Civics is radically different from that in the GenX.
Well can you answer my question to see if it bricks or not? Honda makes it so the Type R can take any infotainment since the JDM model doesn't come with one and they are just add ons you can see any FK8 on the Japanese market and even some euro. Only USDM and the Canadian are stuck with the trash infotainment. https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/honda/civic/29571847/?sp=2 here its already been added a headunit by the dealer but you can see its drastically different, https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/honda/civic/28726741/?isNew=1 this one has a completly different one installed, https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/honda/civic/30371217/?isNew=1 , and here this 2021 JDM spec doesn't have one installed by the dealer yet https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/honda/civic/29670435/?isNew=1

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well can you answer my question to see if it bricks or not? Honda makes it so the Type R can take any infotainment since the JDM model doesn't come with one and they are just add ons you can see any FK8 on the Japanese market and even some euro. Only USDM and the Canadian are stuck with the trash infotainment.
You made the comment that you would just add the 11th gen system to your car. I never said there was no way to put in an aftermarket. I know there are loads of them as I had a 10th gen Civic before my new 2022 Touring GenXi. The infotainment system in the latest Civic is absolutely in no way at all going into your FK8. PERIOD. It is a radical departure from the previous gen in basically every way. It is also the first system in a Honda product that can do full over the air updates.

If you didn't mean what you said, then just correct yourself. If you meant to ask if you should just go aftermarket in your FK8, my answer to you is fill your boots.

OP
OP
eric__

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start 974A5151-A761-42EA-9139-38D543AD5A1A

never fixed the lag, but sometimes get these insane graphical glitches too. Gotta love it.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
You made the comment that you would just add the 11th gen system to your car. I never said there was no way to put in an aftermarket. I know there are loads of them as I had a 10th gen Civic before my new 2022 Touring GenXi. The infotainment system in the latest Civic is absolutely in no way at all going into your FK8. PERIOD. It is a radical departure from the previous gen in basically every way. It is also the first system in a Honda product that can do full over the air updates.

If you didn't mean what you said, then just correct yourself. If you meant to ask if you should just go aftermarket in your FK8, my answer to you is fill your boots.
I don't think we are having the same conversation. All I'm saying is that Type R's which are different from the regular civic are able to take any infotainment. I'm talking about taking the infotainment from the FL5 Type R and seeing if that would work. If you haven't done it how would you know if it would work or not. Literally the last accord and the current TLX offer over the air updates this is not the first honda, the 10th gen civic was the last model that did not. I'm just giving a thought because it might be a good idea but I already found a solution to the issue of the headunit failing in civicx forums because every 2021 civic type r. Since all type rs 2021 had a race logging system it was too much for the Andriod 8 system to handle you need to buy a Carlinkit T Box and that allows you to override the system with another. You don't get the race logging but your system also never bricks again

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think we are having the same conversation. All I'm saying is that Type R's which are different from the regular civic are able to take any infotainment. I'm talking about taking the infotainment from the FL5 Type R and seeing if that would work.
No, see what you don't seem to get is that the GenXI Civic, INCLUDING the soon to come Type R, is a MASSIVE departure from what the Infotainment setup is/was like in the GenX.

I owned a GenX and now own a GenXI. Believe me. There is NO way to replace the infotainment in the GenXI with aftermarket (Certainly not easily and there is literally nothing available from anyone reputable. I would not be putting some AliExpress trash in a new $30-$40k car).

The screen/HU is a "stick it on top of the dash" style. I know how to pull the system in a GenX and I am telling you right now, this is NOT happening on a GenXI. Not the way you are thinking.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start 1657391574103

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
Someone messed up the way the car's computers are linked (hint: they're in serial).

Solution: hit the home button, then enter back into CarPlay!

Reboot reloads the CarPlay instance, which solves most video artifacts after a few minutes of CPU module warmup.

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
Someone messed up the way the car's computers are linked (hint: they're in serial).

Solution: hit the home button, then enter back into CarPlay!

Reboot reloads the CarPlay instance, which solves most video artifacts after a few minutes of CPU module warmup.
what you mean, does this solve load time latency?
Sponsored