• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I get that, but Honda already made a car with all that called the Accord and I hear it’s pretty popular. Not trying to be obtuse or anything, but I’m seriously wondering why people would rush out to buy this car when Honda is essentially playing catch-up with the rest of the market and their own offerings for that matter. If someone offered me a Civic sport touring, Accord 2.0, Mazda3 turbo or a Jetta GLI, the 11th gen Civic is the last option I would go with.
You’re not wrong tbh. I’m not going to argue with with that. The prices for the accord right now are really high too. I think the accord 1.5T sport was 33k when my wife went to look at cars so yeah. If it was MSRP it would have been a different thing. GTI with a DCT would have been my pick, but I have a little more faith in Japanese cars.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
I'm going to wait to see what Honda offers with the "new" Acura Integra... But if that drags on or is stupid expensive, I'll probably consider reuniting with a GTI or a Mazda3 turbo.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I'm going to wait to see what Honda offers with the "new" Acura Integra... But if that drags on or is stupid expensive, I'll probably consider reuniting with a GTI or a Mazda3 turbo.
Speak of the devil. The new “Integra” just got spied:

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Reviews Are Here 1634191338342

To no surprise it’s just a Civic hatchback. One more thing…
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Reviews Are Here 1634191421225

Note the back looks like a single dump exhaust which is a telltale sign of a Honda NA motor. I’m this case I’m guessing the 2.4L from the ILX.

The Integra is just looking to be an ILX hatchback with the ~200-ish hp 2.4L and likely the same DCT. I don’t know how to feel about this.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

1634191338342.png

1634191421225.png

Note the back looks like a single dump exhaust which is a telltale sign of a Honda NA motor. I’m this case I’m guessing the 2.4L from the ILX.

The Integra is just looking to be an ILX hatchback with the ~200-ish hp 2.4L and likely the same DCT. I don’t know how to feel about this.
If somehow they can squeeze a little more power, lets say 220hp and have it redline at around 7k-7.5k and VTEC with a nice 6 speed manual transmission, it'll have potential in this turbocharged market. As long as it sticks near the 2900lbs it'll be enough for a lot of people. As said before though, the price of this will be the deal breaker.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The “wait and see” approach is always best. Lots of folks are quick to dismiss without seeing and driving first.

Seeing the Civic sedan is enough for me to know I don’t want it. I’ll wait and see too but from what we’ve been able to see so far the Integra is the hatchback I’ll want.

If there was an Si hatchback it’d be a lot harder to chose but for obvious (now) reasons Honda has solved that problem. I think it was smart to not do one. Nudges more to the Acura brand.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yep either of the two. The hatchback has the same knob as the 10th gen si

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

1634191338342.png

1634191421225.png

The mule for the 23’ Type R also had a single exhaust. This is the testing phase. There is no way on earth the Integra will lose the turbo. It will be slower than the civic then.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The mule for the 23’ Type R also had a single exhaust. This is the testing phase. There is no way on earth the Integra will lose the turbo. It will be slower than the civic then.
Someone needs to make a forum polling system where you put money into a pot to bet on your guesses.

Those that guess right get a share of the pot. It’ll have both the benefit of rewarding those on the right track and incentivizing everyone to think a little harder.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
I wouldn't hold my breath, unless they have an Integra with the same spec as my 10th Gen LX 6MT Sedan but with 2 doors. Given my RPF1 and 215/55/16 summers tires, I'm weighting in at 2700lb. Also, EBC brakes are small and lite, but the big brake Brembo have nothing on them. 10 times around the track and no fade.

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
At this point I'd rather move forward with the 11th Gen as I think it will be a much more refined ride. I can add an amp and better speakers w/sub and I'll be all set.
Heres a subwoofer box to start from. 11th gen honda civic hatchback subwoofer box. This box is actually the 10th gen purpose built box and almost fit perfectly imo. It has a JL audio 12tw3.

Attachments

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Maybe it's cause of my rolling start off the lights, but my 2017 2.0NA 6MT feel significantly faster then 8sec. Easy to take-out a similar sized Turbo engine by letting it roll a bit at the lights and control wheel spin up to about 15mph, before giving it the beans. Doing the same with a Turbo engine would just fry the front tires (boost is very abrupt), but with NA engine, it's very easy to control the traction off-the-lights by taking advantage of the linear power output and manual transmission.
Sponsored