• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback

rgmwilliams

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sports Touring and 2022 Ridgeline
New owner and recently joined this board.

As the title indicates, I have a brand spanking new Civic Sport Touring. (Stick shift, FWIW) This is after owning a 2011 Subie Outback, which had nothing more modern than heated seats, remote keyless entry, and cruise control.

Now that I have a car built well after Fred's car from The Flintstones, I have a couple of questions. There are times when I'd like to look at what's behind the Civic through the display. The display shows what my backup camera sees when I'm backing up. Is there a way to make it display what's behind the car when I'm moving forward?

The dash has really changed through the years. Now, it's a programmed UI. Other than some of the choices I have through settings, I'd like to have more control. Is there a way to make changes? Such as increasing the font size of the Outside temperature reading that appears at the bottom of my tach? Or increase the font size of the Avg MPG? Or even its position?

I notice when I have the FM radio on or play Spotify through my phone, the center of the tach shows what's playing. I don't really need it to show there when it's already on the center display. Any way to turn it off on the dash?

Thank you for any thoughts or answers?

Rich
Sponsored

Cneumann320

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport touring 6 speed manual
There's different ways to set up your gauges and stuff. Keep playing with the options, or read the manual. They are pretty capable.
If you click the little roller dial on the left hand side of the steering wheel, there is a option on Guage customization. Play with that.

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
Rich - all your answers are in the owners manual. Download it and read it. And then read it again :)
2022 Hondas started coming with a print copy of the owners manual, at least mine did. If not, ask your dealer to obtain your FREE copy for you. Otherwise, the downloaded manual is far easier to use and is available quite readily.

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
New owner and recently joined this board.

As the title indicates, I have a brand spanking new Civic Sport Touring. (Stick shift, FWIW) This is after owning a 2011 Subie Outback, which had nothing more modern than heated seats, remote keyless entry, and cruise control.

Now that I have a car built well after Fred's car from The Flintstones, I have a couple of questions. There are times when I'd like to look at what's behind the Civic through the display. The display shows what my backup camera sees when I'm backing up. Is there a way to make it display what's behind the car when I'm moving forward?

The dash has really changed through the years. Now, it's a programmed UI. Other than some of the choices I have through settings, I'd like to have more control. Is there a way to make changes? Such as increasing the font size of the Outside temperature reading that appears at the bottom of my tach? Or increase the font size of the Avg MPG? Or even its position?

I notice when I have the FM radio on or play Spotify through my phone, the center of the tach shows what's playing. I don't really need it to show there when it's already on the center display. Any way to turn it off on the dash?

Thank you for any thoughts or answers?

Rich
The UI is Android based so you would think that many of the things want change could be, but Honda has the APK so locked down that nothing can be altered beyond the parameters that Honda sets. In fact, it is even more locked than even the 10th gen Civics were.

No auto manufacturer (or Federal regulations) will ever allow a driver to manually activate the back-up camera while moving forward. The only exception that I know of has been by using Hondahack to allow it, but as I said, the current generation UI is far more restricted and Hondahack may have a very tough time cracking it if they even try.

Instrument panel options can be set from the steering wheel controls regarding song or source display. To turn off the Left side display, use the left selector wheel to scroll to "customize display" and select Hide display. This is on pages 142-143 of the owners manual. It is handy to have on when you are using navigation.

Hope this helps, and happy motoring

OP
OP

rgmwilliams

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sports Touring and 2022 Ridgeline
The UI is Android based so you would think that many of the things want change could be, but Honda has the APK so locked down that nothing can be altered beyond the parameters that Honda sets. In fact, it is even more locked than even the 10th gen Civics were.

No auto manufacturer (or Federal regulations) will ever allow a driver to manually activate the back-up camera while moving forward. The only exception that I know of has been by using Hondahack to allow it, but as I said, the current generation UI is far more restricted and Hondahack may have a very tough time cracking it if they even try.

Instrument panel options can be set from the steering wheel controls regarding song or source display. To turn off the Left side display, use the left selector wheel to scroll to "customize display" and select Hide display. This is on pages 142-143 of the owners manual. It is handy to have on when you are using navigation.

Hope this helps, and happy motoring

Thank you Bunhyung ... appreciate your info.
Sponsored