• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 EX audio?

Bstrnad

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EX
Hi guys,

First time poster here. I just purchased a ‘22 EX, and was lucky enough to get it as it’s in transit to my local dealership. I cannot contain my excitement!

I was curious about the audio system, although I’m sure it’s much better than my ‘17 LX. Do you like it? Is it any good?
Sponsored

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
it's going to be pretty much the same....speakers are the same company (Pioneer) but the head unit is different..was LG now it's mitsubishi

Only the SI and the Touring as the Bose System that' stands out!

Kostas_2

First Name
Konstantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X HB 1.5
The 10th civic had Mitsubishi HU. Only the display was from LG.
In the 11th the HU has android 8 (vs 4.2.2) and must be quite faster.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CBP Civic EX Sedan
My 2022 EX system is adequate. It is not fantastic but it is definitely better than the 17' LX (My Pops has a 2020 LX and that stereo is not good). You may want to upgrade the bass, depending on how much low end you like, and better speakers will make a difference. But it isn't horrible, as far as stock systems go (my 2020 Si system sounded better than my EX, but it also had more power).

DeviNoles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic LX Platinum White Pearl
it's going to be pretty much the same....speakers are the same company (Pioneer) but the head unit is different..was LG now it's mitsubishi

Only the SI and the Touring as the Bose System that' stands out!
The radio was from Mitsubishi in the 10th gen. The wiring is the the exact same for our cars although the colors of the wires may differ.
https://[Banned Site - For Spamming...Spamming]/attachments/1640666331223-png.5862/
https://[Banned Site - For Spamming... For Spamming]/attachments/img_1380-jpg.9317/

22ExlHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX-L Hatchback
The audio is passable, but not great. It's really my only complaint with the car. It's not bad, but it lacks base, can sound tinny at times, and breaks up/distorts at higher volume.

TL;DR - sounds decent at lower volumes, sounds like @$$ at higher volumes
Sponsored