• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I’m just trying to understand how we are supposed to spend more on 91 octane to fuel a 200 hp engine…. All I know is MSRP better be less than the Sport Touring Hatch

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Wonder if the FL2 will drop in hp as well since the Si did :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well my 2020 Si purchase has been justified. I could get past the boring looks if it had a good bump in power but here we go.. also I’ll take the adaptive suspension over auto rematch any day. I’m hoping the integra isn’t a let down like this as that’s the only other car I’d upgrade to.
You went from 2017 sport hatch to 2020 si? ? I did the exact same thing, and looking at Integra or Type R next, though I've no complaints about the Si, it's close to perfect.

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Golf R
If it’s not $28k before destination then i’m all for it. I’ve always wanted a Si but the traffic in Atlanta has always turned me away. However I honestly don’t care anymore. Sucks that they didn’t really change the wheels or make it too different looking but I’m honestly game. Probably won’t be able to find out until next year but I don’t mind waiting as long as I get it at MSRP.
The Civic Sport Touring hatch is $30k so how will this be less????

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
I hope the Active Sound Control thing can be turned off. Whatever idiot thought that up needs to be fired :)

A tiny bit less HP isn't that big of a deal IMO; body/chassis improvements are much more important variables in the fun-to-drive factor, at least to me, than 5 or 10 more HP.
Right, bit less HP is not necessary a big deal in terms of performance (but it is in terms of image, feel, marketing....anyway) , but only if the improvement sides are more than a bit. But given the 10th gen is already handling very good, we will wait for the test drive to see how much better are the handling and fun.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Looks like Honda phoned this Si in. Expected min 230hp and factory front lip and unique wheels.
I think the Integra rained on the Si's parade. It's the only thing that explained the HP drop - if the Integra is like 215-220 hp to justify the $5k premium.

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
I'm glad I bought my '19 Si when I did. This is about as exciting as a kindergarten recorder recital.

Edit: And I DETEST that interior. I think the whole thing would be a no-go just based on that for me.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
The Civic Sport Touring hatch is $30k so how will this be less????
The SI has always cost less than the Touring or Sport Touring. Those cars have much more equipment leather etc. The SI is basically an EX With a slightly better engine. I dunno why im so disappointed. But I am.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I’m just trying to understand how we are supposed to spend more on 91 octane to fuel a 200 hp engine…. All I know is MSRP better be less than the Sport Touring Hatch
And Dyno HP likely has an even larger drop.