• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I'm sort of surprised how many 10th gen sedan owners are happy with the 11th gen morphing into something more sedate looking. Were you guys unhappy with the 10th's styling? Just curious.
Not unhappy with styling. More of a “I can sell my car right now and get a lot of money on top, trade the car in and still have money left over.” Also the speakers on the si suck, the subwoofer rattles specifically(common issue) and infotainment is laggy. Prefer analog speedometer and maybe a little more room. There’s a lot of good improvements to pass up imo.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I'm sort of surprised how many 10th gen sedan owners are happy with the 11th gen morphing into something more sedate looking. Were you guys unhappy with the 10th's styling? Just curious.
I only liked the styling of 10 Gen's with the big waffle fake vents, whenever I see a 10 Gen with the smaller fake vents I think of them as vastly inferior looking. When Honda later put that split in the big waffle fake vents I hate them forever more.

I've seen 3 of the 11 Gen Civics in the wild so far I'm leaning heavily towards next nears Integra's.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
If it's anything like the CTR...you have to drop the glovebox and take the dash half apart to get to the stupid plug to disable it....
Easy - Should take about 5 minutes (edit 45 minutes and a screwdriver - Thanks Bat & SiR) - and it's right near the cabin filter.

Last edited:

EP3to11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic Si
11th gens are only a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 160hp '05 EP3. Since I'm still in the Stone Age this would be a huge upgrade.
That said, major turnoffs are:
-Stop/start
-Fake sound
-Red vent strip and seats
-Black wheels (aren't these a bit played out by now?)
Likely none of these things are deal breakers for me. After all it's still an Si--a fun car with a lot of value.
As for styling I see why some think it's boring, but count me in the group who appreciate it being clean and simple this time.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Huh?

8 percent increase in torsional rigidity

For comparison, the 10th gen SI was 25% stiffer (torsional rigidity) than the 9th SI.
Please drive a 2022 first. Regardless if you like the looks of it or not the driving experience and interior is improved.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Please drive a 2022 first. Regardless if you like the looks of it or not the driving experience and interior is improved.
I was simply pointing out your questionable statement.

The interior does look nicer. That is usually what happens when a newer version of a car comes out.

As for test driving, the SI isn't out yet and I couldn't care less about the non-SI/CTR civic's.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I was simply pointing out your questionable statement.

The interior does look nicer. That is usually what happens when a newer version of a car comes out.

As for test driving, the SI isn't out yet and I couldn't care less about the non-SI/CTR civic's.
What I meant to say is that it’s stiffer in the rear and feels nice to drive and is well planted

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Here's the thing and maybe it's just me. I'm not fooling with adding aftermarket seat warmers on a 30K 2022 car. Should come from the factory with that. I'd gladly go with a decent OEM sound system and not get the Bose if heated seats were included.
I'm 100 percent with you. I love the new interior and infotainment of the 11th Gen, but there's no way I'd consider an 11th Gen Si without heated seats. I was expecting Honda would give the Si the lower trim infotainment, but it is apparently skimping by removing heated seats and dual zone air instead. My 2020 Si is the absolute sweet spot for me in terms of equipment, and I'm glad I have it. If I do get the urge to scratch the itch with the 11th Gen, it would be the manual sport touring hatch.

Last edited:

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
I'm apparently an odd duck who pays very little attention to exterior styling of a car at all. I enjoyed the looks of my 2016 Jetta, and I enjoy the looks of my 2020 Si. But I care WAY more about the interior of the car, since that's where one actually spends the most of one's time.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I think there's more to it than that. It's above the cabin filter, and you can't get to that without removing part of the dash.
Maybe not 5 minutes but not difficult TBH:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR, '21 Mazda 3 AWD Hatchback
2017 Si is my my first and only Honda.
So for sure, I haven’t touched many Si’s nor many Civics in general.
I didn’t find the Civic to be a compelling car UNTIL the 2017-2020 model years.

Ironically, the 2017 model year has established itself as the best selling model year for the Civic, of ALL TIME, in the U.S.
This is not coincidence. It did well, because Honda was bold and tried out something NEW. More compelling styling…TURBO.

I don’t claim to be a Honda loyalist, nor lifelong fan, but I was excited for the 11th Gen, because the 10th was such GOLD.

The 11th seems to be more of a SILVER at this point.

We’ll see what happens, but I fear Honda didn’t retain everything they learned from the 10th gen’s success.
I had a '15 Si Sedan....it was...ok...then the 10th Gen came out. I loved the style of the coupe - the sedan was lame (in my opinion)...but those wrap around tail lights were a good look (the rest wasn't bad, either). I ended up getting $1400 less than I paid for the '17...and traded it on a '21 CTR. The 'family car' look just isn't for me - the CTR certainly can't be mistaken for that - at least the 10th gen.

I'm older than most of you, so I grew up with actual muscle cars - not little tuner zip-zaps like any of these (not that these are bad, mind you). Vehicles used to have style. Wind tunnels have made most carbon copies of each other. My preferences are a bit skewed, maybe...but I want something that doesn't just blend in.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own tastes - and if the newer designs appeal to you - GREAT! The important thing is to find something you can enjoy.
Sponsored