• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Si Spare Tire

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
While I have a Canadian Si with the spare I really want the flat repair kit instead. I have had the kits on other cars and I like them. My argument has always been that I prefer to fix a flat and get on the road quicker, rather than changing a tire on the side of a busy highway and risk being killed. My other argument has been that in over 2 million kms of driving commercially and personally I have never had a blowout or a tire go flat fast enough to cause me to pull over. I've had many slow leaks and nails in tires, but never a sudden blowout or flat, and never sidewalls cut.

I guess your experience blows my theory out of the water though with 3 flats in such a short period of time . You my friend definitely need a spare tire, do you live near a construction site or metal recycling company lol.
Honestly, it was a bit unprecedented for me as well! The first 2 were in 2021, about 6 months apart, and the 3rd was this year. I do park my car in an industrial yard, but these were so spread out in distance that it's unrelated. The blowout was obviously potholes, and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, sort of thing. No idea what I ran over to put such a huge cut in it, and the nail wasn't anything typically to be found at a diesel repair facility. I park at a Ryder Truck Lease location and swap the car for a box truck. It was also 3 different tires in 3 different positions.
I've had 2 commercial blowouts in over 25 years of work. First time I was in the left lane, put my signal on to return to the right, and right as I looked in the right mirror I saw the rear outside tire explode! Second time I was braking to a stop in town, as soon as I came to a halt I heard a pop and the sound of air escaping. At my next delivery I found one tire was flat. Finished the day on it, too!
Sponsored

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Well, TPMS warning 108 miles in! Right rear is at 32, all the others are 34-35 warm. Just pulled into my local for a bite and a brew, will check again before heading home and fire up my garage compressor.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Well, TPMS warning 108 miles in! Right rear is at 32, all the others are 34-35 warm. Just pulled into my local for a bite and a brew, will check again before heading home and fire up my garage compressor.
I think you need solid rubber tires, lol. j/k .

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
I think you need solid rubber tires, lol. j/k .
For real! It's crazy! I pulled the right rear (lowest psi per my gauge) and inspected it. Pulled every little pebble out of the tread and didn't find anything that penetrated. No sidewall damage. I put some soapy water on the valve stem, nothing. I'll chalk it up to inconsistent dealer top off, and wildly variable outside temps this weekend...

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
There you go

20220113_132239.jpg
I looked up that part# and found a site selling the "Temporary Kit" but with part# -A11 superseding -A10. Illustration shows: Wheel, Valve Stem, Hold Down Bolt, Jack Handle, Lug Wrench, Foam Holder, (2 decal looking objects), Fuel Funnel, and Jack. Specifically says Tire Not Included. Asks for my VIN for accuracy, but says nothing available for that VIN.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
If the Si spare is 125/80/17, could I get a 135/80/17 from an Odyssey instead? There's a like new one on ebay with jack and lug wrench right now.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
If the Si spare is 125/80/17, could I get a 135/80/17 from an Odyssey instead? There's a like new one on ebay with jack and lug wrench right now.
I think the odyssey is 5x120, so that's a negative.

I got a handful of TPMS warnings for the first several months after getting new tires. Tires were always in mid 30's, so I was confused. But I had to keep resetting the light. It finally stopped lighting up last month.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
I'm going with the "Temporary Kit" Part#06421-T38-A11 from Honda OEM Parts. They said it's coming from Greenway Honda in Florence, SC. My dealer looked it up and said it's backordered until 8-17, so I guess I'll see what happens with this order. I believe I still need to source a tire for it. Looks like tire rack has a couple options.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm 99.9% sure your spare tire kit will come with the actual spare tire. It better for that price!

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Of course, I just got an email saying:
"This part is not available from Honda as of yet. The tentative release date is 8/15/22. I can order this part for you but I will not receive it before that date and I can not guarantee when after that date I will have it."
Sponsored