• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
According to Honda, the "Next Gen Civic Type R is Ready for Nürburgring Testing." :headbang:

Honda's press release simply states: "Development of the best performing Honda Civic Type R ever continues. The all-new Civic Type R will be introduced in 2022."

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 6EAFBADB-C3B0-46C7-9323-F69DBEFB9B82

Closeups:

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 01 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 02 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Hybrid
Initial thoughts:
- Intercooler opening looks huge
- No fake vents deteched
- Wheels look to be 19" at best
- Fenders look massive and sexy
- Wing looks much more discreet

Overall, I like it. Seems like they've addressed every major concern with the X. Let's see what it can do around the ring...

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Is it me or do I not see a hood scoop? Unless they changed the layout, guess I gotta wait until Varis and Js come out with their own spin

The pk meeting I had months ago stated the scoop was moved downward to help with cooling, I guess they changed that again.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Is it me or do I not see a hood scoop? Unless they changed the layout, guess I gotta wait until Varis and Js come out with their own spin

The pk meeting I had months ago stated the scoop was moved downward to help with cooling, I guess they changed that again.
If you zoom way in, you can see a little bump towards the front of the hood. It's about as wide as the upper grill opening; the camo hides it pretty well.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2018 Honda Accord EX-L
The whole rear wing, vortex generator, flap arrangement looks much better, not to mention easier to clean.
I suspect there is a hood scoop, but the pictures make it hard to see.
Overall, it looks less cluttered than the current version.
I think I like it.

Last edited:

chief so

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan Lunar Silver
She's looking wider which means she's gonna look really good and meaner on some wheels, planning on upgrading to an 11th gen CTR from my '18 Civic SI

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

It looked like a hood vent (not scoop) from all the previous spy photos and this confirms it. Track rats told us the FK8 needed hood vents to address the overheating issue on the track. I guess Honda listened this time.

Looks great even in camo. Let’s hope it stays under $40k.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I dunno...to me...might as well buy an accord and slap a J.C. Whitney wing on the back. No thanks. I'll take my 'over-stylized' 10th gen any day.
Agree 100%.

Just like all the 11th's, it looks bloated. And that wing is terrible.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Is that a production wing or an adjustable one for testing? Sticks up too high for my taste. Like the 10th gen wing better. Could be the camera angle though.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
I love my 2019 CTR because it is so ridiculous... 2023 at first glance looks almost dialed back too much visually, I'll reserve my opinion until I see it without the camo though.
Sponsored