• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Completely disagree. Versatility across the board is universally part of the appeal. Otherwise get the $100k+ version they make.
I didn’t say the Type R had to come with a back seat delete, no A/C, and $10,000 in CF, I simply said the Type R is the track variant…and to be clear, saying the Type R is versatile is redundant. Anyway, most of the things mentioned on the LE are mild modifications, with the exception of the Euro LE losing the A/C and Infotainment, which I agree would be too much.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I didn’t say the Type R had to come with a back seat delete, no A/C, and $10,000 in CF, I simply said the Type R is the track variant…and to be clear, saying the Type R is versatile is redundant. Anyway, most of the things mentioned on the LE are mild modifications, with the exception of the Euro LE losing the A/C and Infotainment, which I agree would be too much.
Thing is though that is the track variant. Having A/C and infotainment is a joke in a track varaint car. Most of the cars today are track esque vehicles and mostly its just marketing. There are a few times when manufacturers do produce the real deal, but most people do not want something that hardcore.

Ford did something similar with the GT350 and GT350R versions. It satisfies both parties.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Thing is though that is the track variant. Having A/C and infotainment is a joke in a track varaint car. Most of the cars today are track esque vehicles and mostly its just marketing. There are a few times when manufacturers do produce the real deal, but most people do not want something that hardcore.

Ford did something similar with the GT350 and GT350R versions. It satisfies both parties.
Yes, the Type R isn’t a BAC Mono, and it may not technically meet your definition, but by most it is generally considered a track car. By that I mean, generally speaking, you can take it to a track out of the box. Of course there are different tiers to what someone may consider a track car, from road going to gutted tub with a cage, either way, my point stands.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Yes, the Type R isn’t a BAC Mono, and it may not technically meet your definition, but by most it is generally considered a track car. By that I mean, generally speaking, you can take it to a track out of the box. Of course there are different tiers to what someone may consider a track car, from road going to gutted tub with a cage, either way, my point stands.
In that case to track it all it needs is good cooling, brakes and tires. You don't need carbon fiber at all to track a car.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
In that case to track it all it needs is good cooling, brakes and tires. You don't need carbon fiber at all to track a car.
I agree 100%, but doesn’t really have anything to do with what my point was.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I agree 100%, but doesn’t really have anything to do with what my point was.
I had originally said keep the carbon fiber for the special edition and you said you disagreed and would rather they have everything in one version though.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I had originally said keep the carbon fiber for the special edition and you said you disagreed and would rather they have everything in one version though.
I was agreeing with you saying a track car only really needs good cooling, brakes, and tires. And it’s true, you don’t NEED carbon fiber… listen we are all obviously going to disagree here.

I personally would rather have one well rounded vehicle, that has a bit of everything, instead of multiple variants, that will no doubt be low volume, impossible to get, and have even crazier markups….and if you have any dream of adding any of the parts to your car, will cost you an arm and a leg. Obviously people disagree with that view, but that’s just my feeling.

If Toyota released one well rounded GR Corolla instead of first making the Core, and then months later dropping the Circuit, with low volume, I might not even be here right now lol.
Sponsored