• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
"In the higher latitude countries in the Northern Hemisphere, autumn traditionally starts with the September equinox (21 to 24 September) and ends with the winter solstice (21 or 22 December)." - Wikipedia

It is like me telling my boss that the project will be done in Q4. Definitely won't be done in October or November. Probably not even the first week of December. Honda has until late December.... I hope that I am wrong and they give us all the info during the Detroit Auto Show.
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
"In the higher latitude countries in the Northern Hemisphere, autumn traditionally starts with the September equinox (21 to 24 September) and ends with the winter solstice (21 or 22 December)." - Wikipedia

It is like me telling my boss that the project will be done in Q4. Definitely won't be done in October or November. Probably not even the first week of December. Honda has until late December.... I hope that I am wrong and they give us all the info during the Detroit Auto Show.
Lmao we over here checking what day fall starts like it’s going to appear on that day. I’d be more alert on when it ends, knowing that’s when you should see the car by latest

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I’ve been going over this in my head, but guess it just doesn’t make sense to me. When the Japanese release says 6 months to a year before delivery, are they saying if you tried to go out an order one today, that’s how long you would have to wait? And for everyone else who already had deposits etc, they get them much sooner?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I’ve been going over this in my head, but guess it just doesn’t make sense to me. When the Japanese release says 6 months to a year before delivery, are they saying if you tried to go out an order one today, that’s how long you would have to wait? And for everyone else who already had deposits etc, they get them much sooner?
I think that the dealers in Japan are owned by Honda. So it's different there.

Does that help answer your question?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Thats my take. Folks are taking delivery already. So maybe Honda is seeving up the first batch noted in earlier posts with the increase to 14k (I think) overthe next year.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
The UK Honda corporate event has just been held. Price has not been confirmed but physical cars were present. Those invited we're told the car would 'only be available in the hundreds over production lifecycle, not the thousands like before'.

Keeping everything crossed 🤞

vytiambergas

First Name
Viktoras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI CS
The UK Honda corporate event has just been held. Price has not been confirmed but physical cars were present. Those invited we're told the car would 'only be available in the hundreds over production lifecycle, not the thousands like before'.

What is the reason behind of this? Why they reduced number of cars per lifecycle?

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5

That would be horrific. Weren’t there something like 500-1000 GR86 earmarked for all of Europe? 2 model years and that’s it thanks to regulation? And all sold out in a flash? Perhaps this CTR news has something to do with regulatory compliance like that. Dystopian.

There needs to exist a notch cut out in the rules for people like us, some small amount of thirsty/polluting (relative to other small cars) cars allowed per year. Something. It’s such a small drop in the environmental bucket.

Where did the 14k for US rumor come from? How many Si’s have they sold per month? Sounds like a lot but it’s a pretty peanut small number. Considering no automatic trans or undesirable trims to worry about being a no-go, even 10k per year would give the market enough breathing room that $10k+ markups wouldn’t last too long in too many places.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That would be horrific. Weren’t there something like 500-1000 GR86 earmarked for all of Europe? 2 model years and that’s it thanks to regulation? And all sold out in a flash? Perhaps this CTR news has something to do with regulatory compliance like that. Dystopian.

There needs to exist a notch cut out in the rules for people like us, some small amount of thirsty/polluting (relative to other small cars) cars allowed per year. Something. It’s such a small drop in the environmental bucket.

Where did the 14k for US rumor come from? How many Si’s have they sold per month? Sounds like a lot but it’s a pretty peanut small number. Considering no automatic trans or undesirable trims to worry about being a no-go, even 10k per year would give the market enough breathing room that $10k+ markups wouldn’t last too long in too many places.
There was translated info that quoted something like an initial run of x units and then expansion to a higher number I thought 14k worldwide

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
What is the reason behind of this? Why they reduced number of cars per lifecycle?
Because they literally are having trouble building cars. Raw materials and semiconductor shortages have decimated their production. Im sure there is also a growing fear that Europe will ban ICE before too terribly long.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
They have tons of orders to fill before they can be building 10s of thousands of 1 model. They are going to be playing catch up for years.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Because they literally are having trouble building cars. Raw materials and semiconductor shortages have decimated their production. Im sure there is also a growing fear that Europe will ban ICE before too terribly long.
I cant find the damn thread but it suggests that production will be higher than we expect. The Europe thing im thinking has to be regulatory.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I cant find the damn thread but it suggests that production will be higher than we expect. The Europe thing im thinking has to be regulatory.
I hope they do. Otherwise we'll all be paying waaay over what we are thinking we are comfortable with now.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ I got lucky and locked in terms in writing with a deposit back in March/April. I think some have already done that - was reading a thread where people were doing that all the way back last fall. Hopefully it works that way for most on here.
Sponsored

Reactions: Z3N