• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Calling all Canadian!!!! Emergency!!!

My connection said news has broken at the dealership network, lottery system for Type R ONLY!!

He said 75% to existing type r owner then rest split between civic owner and new ppl.

Dealerships refunding deposits, please call you dealerships if you have deposits in and confirm. I'm going to message my people now.
Welp, that's gonna be one way to guarantee no new customers.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Has this happened before? Seems really unorthodox, particularly when an online order / deposit system was supposedly in place months ago.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Has this happened before? Seems really unorthodox, particularly when an online order / deposit system was supposedly in place months ago.
Yes, FK8 LE, nsx type S, GRC morizo. Honda has decided to cut dealers out, lottery will be on CANADIAN Honda website similar to morizo launch.

I think honda is following toyotas approach, pick and choose who gets it via lottery. If you are selected u will decide which dealership you want to work with to complete the purchase.

Please take everything I am relaying with a grain of salt until detailed have been confirmed, this is from ONE dealership only. I'm litterally messaging everyone I know at Honda trying to confriem.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ If its true, thats a really gross look. Really bad. Its so gross that if its real and it happened in the States Id sell my FL1 and my family would never go back.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Yes, FK8 LE, nsx type S, GRC morizo. Honda has decided to cut dealers out, lottery will be on CANADIAN Honda website similar to morizo launch.

I think honda is following toyotas approach, pick and choose who gets it via lottery. If you are selected u will decide which dealership you want to work with to complete the purchase.

Please take everything I am relaying with a grain of salt until detailed have been confirmed, this is from ONE dealership only. I'm litterally messaging everyone I know at Honda trying to confriem.
heard this from two dealers out west as well. So very probable.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
^ but they have 400+ units for dealers to play with.
No, I think ALL units will be lotto. Dealerships will be assigned 0 based on the information I'm hearing. Meaning BUYER decides which deslership gets the sale.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Calling all Canadian!!!! Emergency!!!

My connection said news has broken at the dealership network, lottery system for Type R ONLY!!

He said 75% to existing type r owner then rest split between civic owner and new ppl.

Dealerships refunding deposits, please call you dealerships if you have deposits in and confirm. I'm going to message my people now.
Well, at least this way maybe Honda can enforce MSRP pricing?

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Oh shit, when did they get the news from HQ? No, one is responding to me lol.
the large dealer that has my deposit has said this for a bout a week that this is what they speculated but weren’t sure if it would be through Honda Canada on their site or through the dealer network so they were half right. The other dealer I got a hold of right after reading this, wasn’t the GM though and had no further detail other than it would be online. Going to try and get an update from my dealer who my deposit.
Maybe lucky for me because Honda seems to think I still have my FK8, so maybe I’ll get access if what you say is true!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Well, at least this way maybe Honda can enforce MSRP pricing?
I think it has less to do with MSRP and some dealerships were fucking around. Connection said, Honda Canada told them some dealerships previously only allowed buyers to lease and not buy or own the car. Couldn't even buyout the lease, had to return the vehicle after lease was over.

Which lead them to go down this route. Apparently, Covid lead to some crazy dealership craziness

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
No, I think ALL units will be lotto. Dealerships will be assigned 0 based on the information I'm hearing. Meaning BUYER decides which deslership gets the sale.

You are missing my sarcasm. 400+ units went to Japanese dealers and can’t be sold.

I don’t necessarily buy in to this lotto news - lets see how it plays out.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I think it has less to do with MSRP and some dealerships were fucking around. Connection said, Honda Canada told them some dealerships previously only allowed buyers to lease and not buy or own the car. Couldn't even buyout the lease, had to return the vehicle after lease was over.

Which lead them to go down this route. Apparently, Covid lead to some crazy dealership craziness
Ahh I see, any news on whether this kind of lottery system extends to the US?

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
You are missing my sarcasm. 400+ units went to Japanese dealers and can’t be sold.

I don’t necessarily buy in to this lotto news - lets see how it plays out.
I mean they did it with the LE sort of so why not
Sponsored