• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
If this real that is an incredible price. But if they're telling dealers, I wonder why they won't just let the word out to the public.
I honestly don’t think anyone knows. What would a dealer gain from not telling us? Hope dude is right tho, bc yeah that price is great.
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
If this real that is an incredible price. But if they're telling dealers, I wonder why they won't just let the word out to the public.
he is actually a council of sales platinum salesman, i trust what he says...it's a text he got that he forwarded to me, so i mean he's not just out making stuff up lol. i really hope it's the correct price...because it'll be like $45k otd which is exactly what i was hoping for

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Going to ask my dealer here in NJ where I got my FK8, they seem to have gotten a lot between 2018 to 2020 so they might be able to help with some info. I'll share what he says with you all! He also sold me my Type R with only a $500 mark up at the end of 2020 so I'll see if he has any insight on that too. Super chill dude to work with

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
FL5 msrp ^ from what i was literally just told...yes
Source? Unless you're corp, it's wrong

@fastSI and @turbomike any word on CAD msrp?

you can DM me I’ll sign an NDA lol
I know both dealer net and msrp lol -- you'll have to wait like everyone else unfortuantly. I believe August when books are open but since they're coming from Japan, it might take a while for delivery

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S

I know both dealer net and msrp lol -- you'll have to wait like everyone else unfortuantly. I believe August when books are open but since they're coming from Japan, it might take a while for delivery
so are you saying they are being built in Japan as suspected?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I guess you missed where I said he forwarded me a text he got, possibly from corporate. Just sharing the info I have

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
I work for a Honda dealer. They will not take deposits until they have something in transit, and you agree to a price. Dealers have no pricing info until they are in transit or Honda themselves advertise it. Anything less than $40,000 before tax and fees is probably not realistic. Before dealer markup, I would say you're going to be pushing $42,000-$45,000.

What I can speak on is that, a customer offered $5,000 over sticker price, said he would take any color and they denied the sale/deposit to give you an idea of what the market will be like on the car.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I work for a Honda dealer. They will not take deposits until they have something in transit, and you agree to a price. Dealers have no pricing info until they are in transit or Honda themselves advertise it. Anything less than $40,000 before tax and fees is probably not realistic. Before dealer markup, I would say you're going to be pushing $42,000-$45,000.

What I can speak on is that, a customer offered $5,000 over sticker price, said he would take any color and they denied the sale/deposit to give you an idea of what the market will be like on the car.
Some dealers are taking deposits and agreeing on price as far as how much they will markup goes.

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BOP Si (Sold), 19 CW FK8 (Sold), 24 CW FL5
Just chiming in.

I'm in NC. Called just about every store in NC and SC, most in this area are asking $3,000-$10,000k over for a spot in line. Also tried a few dealers in TN, GA and FL and they wanted same markup or wouldn't sell out of state. I was able to secure one at MSRP but I'm 11th in line overall, 4th in line of the people open to any color.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

you can’t speak for all dealerships just because yours does it a certain way lol

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
you can’t speak for all dealerships just because yours does it a certain way lol
That is true, but I am just giving a heads up getting at MSRP in these market conditions is going to be slim to none so whatever MSRP they come up with is going to be basically irrelevant. The FK8 was going for $5,000-$10,000 over even before the massive supply chain issue with the chips so this will certainly follow suit.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
That is true, but I am just giving a heads up getting at MSRP in these market conditions is going to be slim to none so whatever MSRP they come up with is going to be basically irrelevant. The FK8 was going for $5,000-$10,000 over even before the massive supply chain issue with the chips so this will certainly follow suit.
Well of course. Everyone knows that. Almost every dealer I have called will tell you how much they’re going to mark them up. They already know that amount.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
Honda Tacoma is taking deposits - $5,000, but the person I spoke to said they will be charging $15k over. yeah i'm gonna put a deposit down for a car that's marked 37% over a theoretical $40k MSRP. Though she more or less said that putting down a deposit would pretty much guarantee your order. my personal goal is $5k max over if markup cannot be avoided. pretty much every dealer in WA state is going to be equally as messed up, i've talked to just about every one.
Sponsored