• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Well.. Monday is order day (for the US anyway) and it'll be the first order that has '23 MY Honda Civics so we will see what comes of it.
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
One of my sales reps, who claims that his dealership was the #1 Type R dealer in the U.S. (have no way of proving this), told me that they expect to start taking deposits in September. I've bugged him enough that he basically said "When we get one, I'll call you." Haha. Poor guy's probably sick of me.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
One of my sales reps, who claims that his dealership was the #1 Type R dealer in the U.S. (have no way of proving this), told me that they expect to start taking deposits in September. I've bugged him enough that he basically said "When we get one, I'll call you." Haha. Poor guy's probably sick of me.
I can guarantee you if there is a markup they are not the number one volume dealer.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
There was one poster earlier said he worked at a Honda dealer in Illinois selling at msrp and sold about 46 of them. I believe thats probably closer to the highest run. Lets say US got 30k Type R's in the last run and there are 1070 Honda dealers so average should be about 28 cars per dealership. Anything above 45+ is a pretty high volume dealer. I'd assume honda will send more Type Rs to volume dealers not the ones that hoard.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
There was one poster earlier said he worked at a Honda dealer in Illinois selling at msrp and sold about 46 of them. I believe thats probably closer to the highest run. Lets say US got 30k Type R's in the run and there are 1070 Honda dealers so average should be about 28 cars per dealership. Anything above 45+ is a pretty high volume dealer. I'd assume honda will send more Type Rs to volume dealers not the ones that hoard.
It was based on Civic turn how quickly you go through the Civics provided to you.

I think there is an enormous gap between the largest dealer in Illinois versus the largest in Cali.

Just for reference the largest dealer in Cali has over 900 Hondas right now. The largest in Illinois has under 30.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It was based on Civic turn how quickly you go through the Civics provided to you.

I think there is an enormous gap between the largest dealer in Illinois versus the largest in Cali.

Just for reference the largest dealer in Cali has over 900 Hondas right now. The largest in Illinois has under 30.
that makes sense also but I remember Dodge sent more hellcats to dealers that sold more of them to avoid selling to dealers marking them up.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
that makes sense also but I remember Dodge sent more hellcats to dealers that sold more of them to avoid selling to dealers marking them up.
Yes they sure did. I don't know their policy there but my understanding is Cali mark up everywhere.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Yes they sure did. I don't know their policy there but my understanding is Cali mark up everywhere.
Universally, high volume dealers have markups on the FK8 in SoCal. Will be the same for the FL5. They’re doing it because there’s too much demand locally even though California ranks as number 6 or 7 in car sales (from all manufacturers) globally. Supply and demand.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Universally, high volume dealers have markups on the FK8 in SoCal. Will be the same for the FL5. They’re doing it because there’s too much demand locally even though California ranks as number 6 or 7 in car sales (from all manufacturers) globally. Supply and demand.
That's crazy that a single state ranks globally. Maybe they should break off and form their own country or something ;)

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I was thinking just any ol Honda Civic.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That's crazy that a single state ranks globally. Maybe they should break off and form their own country or something ;)
California is like the 10th largest economy in the world or the like... If I remember correctly.

I did not remember correctly...

" The economy of the State of California is the largest in the United States, with a $3.4 trillion gross state product (GSP) as of 2021.[2] It is the largest sub-national economy in the world. If California were a sovereign nation (2022), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, behind Germany and ahead of India.[9][10][11] "

-Wikipedia