• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
So Sept 1st is when dealerships will have them in showroom floor or Honda will officially announce pricing and details?
In early June I was told that my dealer GM learned they would start getting them in September one at a time and unsure how far in between. Things are going to happen quickly. I suspect well have news on allocations, pricing, specs and maybe ring record in next week or two followed by initial deliveries in Sept or Oct time frame.
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
So Sept 1st is when dealerships will have them in showroom floor or Honda will officially announce pricing and details?
According to one of the reps Iā€™ve spoken with, thatā€™s when the dealers will get their allocations. I would guess arrivals 4-8 weeks after allocations, but Iā€™m no expert.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I knew I was in trouble when I saw that thing.
Back when we had a normal production market and timeline :(

Yeah... does seem like it's going to be the 1st week of September from what several dealers I have talked with so far .... things are lining up:hmm:

civic-type-rs-civic-type-rs-everywhere.jpg
Or not everywhere, given the supply chain issues. Fingers crossed though that we'll be all pleasantly surprised!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
If youā€™re in the US and donā€™t have a deposit with a dealer by now youā€™re probably out of luck for 2023. Just my feeling with all of the market indicators we have. Iā€™m glad I have a commitment from my dealer but hope I can get the color I want!

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
If youā€™re in the US and donā€™t have a deposit with a dealer by now youā€™re probably out of luck for 2023. Just my feeling with all of the market indicators we have. Iā€™m glad I have a commitment from my dealer but hope I can get the color I want!
for sure can say you are absolutely lying. i have called over 35 dealerships within my area and even offered 5k over msrp with 20k deposit down and they don't do it. stop spreading fake news in the internet

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
for sure can say you are absolutely lying. i have called over 35 dealerships within my area and even offered 5k over msrp with 20k deposit down and they don't do it. stop spreading fake news in the internet
That's true. I think I stated somewhere else that 4 out of 5 local dealers only have "we'll call you" lists and the 5th committed their projected allocation to someone already

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Same here in Dallas, Iā€™ve called over 20 around my area, and almost 95% of them will only take your information and get back to you. Almost all say they will be first come first serve only.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
I was able to get a deposit at one dealer in NC after reaching out to 19 others. 5k markup with 1k deposit. Most would not accept a deposit and only put me on their list.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may be on a list but it might be 20 people deep. This is just my gut instinct based on the indicators I see. Way more people want this car compared to FK8. I witnessed that launch and the disappointment with the appearance.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You may be on a list but it might be 20 people deep. This is just my gut instinct based on the indicators I see. Way more people want this car compared to FK8. I witnessed that launch and the disappointment with how it looked.
It has that feel - so many in line at almost every dealer I called back in April. I had a fn list a sheet long w dealer data at the time. Its going to be like the Oklahoma land rush.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
You may be on a list but it might be 20 people deep. This is just my gut instinct based on the indicators I see. Way more people want this car compared to FK8. I witnessed that launch and the disappointment with the appearance.
At this point of the discussion, what exactly is your point? Itā€™s not like anyone here just popped into existence and assumes they are easily getting this car. Unless they are lucky enough to have put a deposit down at the top of a list. It seems like every few days, someone shows up and says this stuff, as if they think we are all new to thisā€¦look at the current post number buddyā€¦

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
At this point of the discussion, what exactly is your point? Itā€™s not like anyone here just popped into existence and assumes they are easily getting this car. Unless they are lucky enough to have put a deposit down at the top of a list. It seems like every few days, someone shows up and says this stuff, as if they think we are all new to thisā€¦look at the current post number buddyā€¦
I feel like we keep recycling all the previous topics to fill the void between now and sales release. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is that people are posting they will be plentiful. Thatā€™s not going to be the caseā€¦ Get your deposit in at whichever dealer will take it.

Also things have been boring around here the last few days. :)

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
My point is that people are posting they will be plentiful. Thatā€™s not going to be the caseā€¦ Get your deposit in at whichever dealer will take it.

Also things have been boring around here the last few days. :)
Nobody on here, with common sense, is saying they will be plentiful.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Glad you said with common sense. Iā€™m still laughing at theyā€™ll make more fl5ā€™s than FK8ā€™s
Sponsored