• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Dealers in Japan were taking orders through August or something. Seems like they just couldn't put it through to Honda till Sept 1st. Which means basically most of the orders they were allowed to input on that day was done in one day most likely. So I'm guessing people that got cars were just first in line. Sept 1 order doesn't mean much unless it has sequence or time stamp attached.

Also possible that a small batch of cars are being released immediately so they can focus on small batch launches across the world before rotating back? Canada/US next perhaps? Wishful thinking šŸ˜

Looks like some initial orders in Japan are December deliveryā€¦

1662261386890.png
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, itā€™ll be really painful if we have to watch small batch launches all over the US. So you might be first on the list, but it might take quite a while for your particular dealer to get its turn at actually receiving oneā€¦

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yeah, itā€™ll be really painful if we have to watch small batch launches all over the US. So you might be first on the list, but it might take quite a while for your particular dealer to get its turn at actually receiving oneā€¦
Id actually be ok with anything at this point. Just for the sake of moving forward. Ugh with the timing on this whole thing - requires great gaman.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
An interesting read about the Yorii plant in Saitama where the FL5 is being made. Notice the percentages of global car sales (Japan vs US) and that Honda is going through a restructuring to focus on something else. TLDR: Making the FL5 isnā€™t a very high priority at the moment.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Au...er-factory-as-it-moves-to-all-electric-future
Iā€™m sure itā€™ll sell out regardless, but making the FL5 obviously isnā€™t as high a priority as normal cars, but I can assure you Honda wants them built

They know if Toyota drops their Corolla GR before the CTR comes out, that is definitely lost sales and interest might cool off a bit. With Toyota announcing on the 14th all information will be released already is better than Honda, since we still donā€™t even have information about the release

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
How would that explain the posts seemingly showing pictures of customer cars?
I think those are dealer cars. So people can test drive and order. Or apparently just test drive and film themselves doing it.

This is likely why you don't see reviews.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I don't think it'll be too bad. I really think Honda will work to make sure the entire dealer body gets one and then moves to getting more to the bigger dealers.

These vehicles will arrive in large amounts over here too. They will not ship them here in an inefficient manner.

I feel like everything about this is under a microscope from all of us but it is happening just like any other Honda.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I think those are dealer cars. So people can test drive and order. Or apparently just test drive and film themselves doing it.

This is likely why you don't see reviews.
Yup, most have been dealer cars used only for test driving. Most people have not received their orders and wonā€™t until end of year.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Has anybody in the state of Texas located a dealer that is currently taking deposits on the FL5 besides Norm Reeves of North Richland Hills (not keen on a $19k adm)?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Has anybody in the state of Texas located a dealer that is currently taking deposits on the FL5 besides Norm Reeves of North Richland Hills (not keen on a $19k adm)?
Everyone in N Texas Iā€™ve called is first come first serve, once they release. Which honestly at this point Iā€™m ok with, means everyone will have a chance, instead of getting beat out by someone who talked to the right person and got on a waitlist a year ago.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Everyone in N Texas Iā€™ve called is first come first serve, once they release. Which honestly at this point Iā€™m ok with, means everyone will have a chance, instead of getting beat out by someone who talked to the right person and got on a waitlist a year ago.
I would have questions...

Is it when the car is built and in transit?
Is it when the truck carrier arrives?
Is it after it has been PDI and on the lot?
Is it after they had it in the showroom for a few days or weeks for people to see it and ok and ahh?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I would have questions...

Is it when the car is built and in transit?
Is it when the truck carrier arrives?
Is it after it has been PDI and on the lot?
Is it after they had it in the showroom for a few days or weeks for people to see it and ok and ahh?
Not that this is correct, but most of them have said once they have VIN numbers allocated, that they will accept a deposit.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yup, most have been dealer cars used only for test driving. Most people have not received their orders and wonā€™t until end of year.
Test driving? WTF - ā€œtest drivingā€???!?!
They are making these for Japanese dealer test drives?

Im having flashbacksā€¦.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Not that this is correct, but most of them have said once they have VIN numbers allocated, that they will accept a deposit.
Ok, cool. Exactly what I've been hearing. At least the story is consistent. Nothing to do now but....wait... and wait some more.