• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Tons out there man…with how limited this is shaping up to be, they’ll sell at $20k+ over all day

Early sales may see those markups...but 6 months from now anybody paying 150% MSRP will be considered an idiot....just like with the Gr86/BRZ early adopters. You all have the right to pay whatever you want - just don't be mad when we get the same car later for $10-15K less

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Early sales may see those markups...but 6 months from now anybody paying 150% MSRP will be considered an idiot....just like with the Gr86/BRZ early adopters. You all have the right to pay whatever you want - just don't be mad when we get the same car later for $10-15K less
lol 6 months from now most people still won’t even have an fl5

people were paying over for fk8’s even all the way towards the end of production lol

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
lol 6 months from now most people still won’t even have an fl5

people were paying over for fk8’s even all the way towards the end of production lol
Just in my small group of friends, I know 5 people who paid MSRP for an FK8....and it wasn't difficult.

I'm not saying crazy markups won't be there, nor am I saying people won't pay them. I'm simply saying people will buy FL5's for much less than $20K+ markups "all day" after the initial wave.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Just in my small group of friends, I know 5 people who paid MSRP for an FK8....and it wasn't difficult.

I'm not saying crazy markups won't be there, nor am I saying people won't pay them. I'm simply saying people will buy FL5's for much less than $20K+ markups "all day" after the initial wave.
I paid msrp for my fk8 in 17 when it first dropped, along with my bro & my cousin.

these are different times, getting an fl5 at msrp will be nearly impossible unless you 1. Work at a dealer or 2. Have good connections

also…unless you’ve already been on a list for a while, don’t expect a car for a long long time

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I paid msrp for my fk8 in 17 when it first dropped, along with my bro & my cousin.

these are different times, getting an fl5 at msrp will be nearly impossible unless you 1. Work at a dealer or 2. Have good connections

also…unless you’ve already been on a list for a while, don’t expect a car for a long long time
I'm on 5 lists - but those lists mean nothing in today's dealer-owned market. Dealers will mark this car up massively at first - and claim they are rare (which they likely are to be at launch). And they will probably waiver on their verbal price agreements prior to contract signing.

But we've been given zero indication that Honda intends to sell less FL5's than FK8's. Yes, the world of car manufacturing is hurting, and yes, numbers are low....but many big manufacturers are already dropping car prices back to MSRP (look at BMW). Last year dealers were charging well over MSRP for MANY sports cars - and almost ALL of those prices dropped this year dramatically. Anybody paying more than .5% over MSRP for a Civic Si right now isn't doing their research....as well as anybody paying over MSRP for a GR86/BRZ. Hell, I can get a '22 Golf R for $1500 over MSRP right now and those prices are still coming down.

We are not talking about a super low build qty car (yet) - so there's no reason not to look at the rest of the sub-$45K sports car market and not compare recent trends.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'm on 5 lists - but those lists mean nothing in today's dealer-owned market. Dealers will mark this car up massively at first - and claim they are rare (which they likely are to be at launch). And they will probably waiver on their verbal price agreements prior to contract signing.

But we've been given zero indication that Honda intends to sell less FL5's than FK8's. Yes, the world of car manufacturing is hurting, and yes, numbers are low....but many big manufacturers are already dropping car prices back to MSRP (look at BMW). Last year dealers were charging well over MSRP for MANY sports cars - and almost ALL of those prices dropped this year dramatically. Anybody paying more than .5% over MSRP for a Civic Si right now isn't doing their research....as well as anybody paying over MSRP for a GR86/BRZ. Hell, I can get a '22 Golf R for $1500 over MSRP right now and those prices are still coming down.

We are not talking about a super low build qty car (yet) - so there's no reason not to look at the rest of the sub-$45K sports car market and not compare recent trends.
Well, I’m pretty sure we do know Honda has already said this vehicle will be built in lower numbers, and Honda is in a different situation that Toyota and BMW, so comparing them doesn’t seem apples to apples, to me.
Honda sold 19,300-20,000 or so FK8s over 5 years, or 3,900ish a year, in the US… if they are concerned about production, I’m gonna imagine that number will be smaller, right?

Also, I want to see bill of sale, for all of your friends MSRP FK8s.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car

"But we've been given zero indication that Honda intends to sell less FL5's than FK8's".

Bro it is common knowledge the FL5 will be built far less in volume than FK8's. Canada is getting 10% production than FK8s across its production life cycle. That has already been commicated similarly in other markets....Hondas focus from now to 2030 are EV's they have a projection of like 2 dozen BRAND NEW EV models by 2030...

Every week there is a new guy with expert analysis on the current climate comparing against previous generations. Holy fuck this is getting tiresome.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Ok like I said yesterday I test drove a Si today and it was awesome! I can’t wait for my Type R.

ALSO! The owner of my Honda dealership guaranteed me I’ll have my Type R before years end. He was quite confident of that. So I’m officially blocking out all the negative posts on here and am just going to enjoy all the pictures and details posted here until then!👍
I'm sixth on the waitlist at my dealer, and he's certain I'll get it before summer next year. Which is kinda nice cus I don't really want winter to be the first season my R sees.
I hope you get yours asap! Good luck!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Ok, so who wants to guess how long it will take for us to find out no dealers are being allocated Type Rs, in the US today? 🤣

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I'm sixth on the waitlist at my dealer, and he's certain I'll get it before summer next year. Which is kinda nice cus I don't really want winter to be the first season my R sees.
I hope you get yours asap! Good luck!
6'th in line @ a Windsor dealership? All the largest Honda downtown GTA dealerships (which are the largest dealerships in the nation) GM's are quoting me MAX 6-8 expected allocations over the 3 years LOL. They are expecting 2-3 units each year.

Unless your dealership expects 60%+ to dropoff I can almost guarantee you (based on the CURRENT information available) beings 6'th in line @ a low volume/population region, "before summer next year" has a sub 5% chance of actually happening. They are keeping you on the hook IMO. Otherwise, Honda will need to drastically change their production plans.

Canada is only quoted to get 550 units over 3 years. Having 6 cars allocated in 2022 + 2023 (before summer) in a small region is mathematically impossible.
Sponsored