• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Agree 100%. The Integra imo as a base looks much better than the civic hatch. Which makes me excited to see what comes out for the S. I really hope the acura S yellow for their other Type S models will be available. I prefer it to thr R's Phoenix yellow. But thar could just be me haha.
That I disagree with. I like the front but overall seems proportions are off. Blend the R and the Teg like the render and you have gold. But the hatch is straight up better looking (i know subjective right).

Curious if teg s could perform as well?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
That I disagree with. I like the front but overall seems proportions are off. Blend the R and the Teg like the render and you have gold. But the hatch is straight up better looking (i know subjective right).

Curious if teg s could perform as well?
I generally don't really like the hatch because of the rear lights and style. R makes it better. But ya, I'm not too concerned about either base. I could care less about a base version of any vehicle.

If the S doesn't perform to the R, I would not follow through with my purchase tbh. Kinda pointless if the S is materially worse than the R performance wise.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I generally don't really like the hatch because of the rear lights and style. R makes it better. But ya, I'm not too concerned about either base. I could care less about a base version of any vehicle.

If the S doesn't perform to the R, I would not follow through with my purchase tbh. Kinda pointless if the S is materially worse than the R performance wise.
Well, you know it's going to happen. Integra Type S even with the same power and weight will be at a slight disadvantage (Honda won't put more power in an Acura and I guess weight might be close since it's hatchback vs hatchback as opposed to Si vs Integra).

It seems easy to tell how much aero is getting tossed out because there isn't a whole lot there in the back. They're basically taking the Type-R and putting an almost new shell around it. It'll look more fancy and edgy but Honda put huge efforts in making a perfect Type-R. I can't see them doing that for a car that's just for US/Canada. It'll be close but not on par.

I'm very slightly interested in it as a backup car. I think the hatch is also less practical than Civic hatch just looking at the slope? I'll wait up to a year from this point on the Type-R based on my #2 spot.

It might be interesting if they somehow offer DCT for ITS. I have a bad left knee. My days with a clutch pedal is numbered. 😔

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Well, you know it's going to happen. Integra Type S even with the same power and weight will be at a slight disadvantage (Honda won't put more power in an Acura and I guess weight might be close since it's hatchback vs hatchback as opposed to Si vs Integra).

It seems easy to tell how much aero is getting tossed out because there isn't a whole lot there in the back. They're basically taking the Type-R and putting an almost new shell around it. It'll look more fancy and edgy but Honda put huge efforts in making a perfect Type-R. I can't see them doing that for a car that's just for US/Canada. It'll be close but not on par.

I'm very slightly interested in it as a backup car. I think the hatch is also less practical than Civic hatch just looking at the slope? I'll wait up to a year from this point on the Type-R based on my #2 spot.

It might be interesting if they somehow offer DCT for ITS. I have a bad left knee. My days with a clutch pedal is numbered. 😔
If I'm not mistaken when the Aspec and SI were dynod they were identicL no? I remember seeing that on YT some where. Maybe savage geese channel?

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ taking that rabbit further down the hole - how many think the R might over perform on the dyno? I saw somewhere the Si was like +25 over the spec.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
^ taking that rabbit further down the hole - how many think the R might over perform on the dyno? I saw somewhere the Si was like +25 over the spec.
I dont think it will be underrated like a B58 or EA888 evo, but I would expect stated BHP to be 95%ish of WHP.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Allegedly the Integra Type S gets the 10 speed auto. If it does, it will make it just as fast or even faster than the Civic Type R in a straight line. Around a track the R will still have the advantage.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Allegedly the Integra Type S gets the 10 speed auto. If it does, it will make it just as fast or even faster than the Civic Type R in a straight line. Around a track the R will still have the advantage.
You think the S will get all the main things that make the R special, aka the front suspension and engine etc? Don't care if it's a bit heavier if it gets all the premium bits, IF all the performance pieces and foundation is there.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
You think the S will get all the main things that make the R special, aka the front suspension and engine etc? Don't care if it's a bit heavier if it gets all the premium bits, IF all the performance pieces and foundation is there.
Yes I believe it will at the very least share the same suspension components. Think of the Integra Type S as essentially an automatic civic type R. In the same vein as how the current Integra is an automatic civic si, a shitty automatic but an automatic nonetheless.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yes I believe it will at the very least share the same suspension components. Think of the Integra Type S as essentially an automatic civic type R. In the same vein as how the current Integra is an automatic civic si, a shitty automatic but an automatic nonetheless.
That's what I'm thinking, and hoping for TBH. Since the S will be have the highest likelihood for success for me at this point vs. the R and GRC.

Well heres to hoping it won't be a dumpster fire.

Also, does anyone know if the rear promotion of the teggy is the same as the hatch civic? For some reason the teggy seems smaller headroom wise??

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
That's what I'm thinking, and hoping for TBH. Since the S will be have the highest likelihood for success for me at this point vs. the R and GRC.

Well heres to hoping it won't be a dumpster fire.

Also, does anyone know if the rear promotion of the teggy is the same as the hatch civic? For some reason the teggy seems smaller headroom wise??
If the Integra Type S gets a manual I might forego the CTR and get that instead.

The Integra has a larger opening but the angle is sharper so there is slightly less headroom

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
If the Integra Type S gets a manual I might forego the CTR and get that instead.

The Integra has a larger opening but the angle is sharper so there is slightly less headroom
Ahh ok that makes sense, so I'm not crazy. What's your reasoning for choosing the S over the R. Curious, if its the same as mine.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I believe the official CRV site + details will launch on the 22nd. Next best guess would be the start of fall for details to drop on the R.

WIld swing here.
Fall starts 9/22 (2023 CRV arriving in dealers).

HRV and CRV “arriving in dealerships” announcements seemed to follow a 60-day (roughly) cadence from reveal and always on a Tuesday.

FL5 was revealed on 7/20 and if Honda follows the HRV and CRV reveal-to-for-sale** cadence, hopefully, we’ll see some news on 9/20 (next Tuesday). 🤞

**Announcing when the car will be for sale

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/channels/channel-3940

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Fall starts 9/22 (2023 CRV arriving in dealers).

HRV and CRV “arriving in dealerships” announcements seemed to follow a 60-day (roughly) cadence from reveal and always on a Tuesday.

FL5 was revealed on 7/20 and if Honda follows the HRV and CRV reveal-to-on-sale cadence, hopefully, we’ll see some news on 9/20 (next Tuesday). 🤞
I'll take it lol.
Sponsored