• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Mid - Fall 2023, the performance models always debut a year to 18 months after the initial model is launched.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Mid - Fall 2023, the performance models always debut a year to 18 months after the initial model is launched.
Is that just for details or official release, release. Ooof if fall 2023 just for information.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
This is very interesting discussion here. I think integra type-s is going to be the best backup plan for anyone.

I see some people are comparing weight of integra to civic SI. One is a hatchback and the other a sedan. Integra is heavier because it's a hatch for the most part. A bit of extra leathery bits and speakers but probably not a lot more. Type-R is also a hatchback so it's going to be pretty close in weight I think, except if it's an auto.

If type-s gets a 10 speed like the accord and keeps the same engine and tune, it's going to be a rocket in a straight line. This is kind of exciting for many.

Type-s doesn't seem to have a lot of downforce in the rear based on that spy shot and I'm thinking front might not be as optimized either. I'm going to guess lower cornering speeds on fast long sweeps than Type R. Otherwise might be similar at lower speeds.

Type-s spy shot seemed wide. I'm guessing same tires and we'll probably see suspension carry over.

Wait a second?? Was Honda limiting Type-R production on purpose? If type-s is a very similar Type-R, then NA could easily get as many Type-S if not more. Doing so also gives people more choice and I'm willing to bet Honda has higher margins on premium vehicles.

Meanwhile, I'm conflicted. I think I'm still Type-R or bust. I'm fairly confident I'll get one in a year. Type-s will be pricey. I'm guessing easily 20% premium.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
The integra type s will be probably $44-46k seeing it lands end of next year more than likely

being American built that car will be distributed very quickly though

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
This is very interesting discussion here. I think integra type-s is going to be the best backup plan for anyone.
Meanwhile, I'm conflicted. I think I'm still Type-R or bust. I'm fairly confident I'll get one in a year. Type-s will be pricey. I'm guessing easily 20% premium.
What kind of nonsense is this?!🤣

Suggesting the type-S, a different car with different dynamics that'll be nothing like an FL5 is everyone's best back-up plan and then saying that YOU won't get one yourself if you can't get an CTR 🤣

Can't get a FL5? Go but something else you like, or hold on to your money for now.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Not sure where to post this either, but the caption seems to say FL5 production in October may be higher than planned? 🧂

Wait a second?? Was Honda limiting Type-R production on purpose?
I don't think Honda is planning on artificially limiting the supply of FL5. First, it contradicts the heritage of CTR as an affordable, approachable sports car. Second, Honda will pretty easily sell every last one they make, so there's not much reason to leave money on the table. This isn't an LFA situation where every car loses money and nobody wants to pay sticker.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
What kind of nonsense is this?!🤣

Suggesting the type-S, a different car with different dynamics that'll be nothing like an FL5 is everyone's best back-up plan and then saying that YOU won't get one yourself if you can't get an CTR 🤣

Can't get a FL5? Go but something else you like, or hold on to your money for now.
Lol. This is what happens when I brain dump I guess.

I think backup car is going to be different for different needs. I NEED 4 doors and room for kids, groceries, stroller, etc. I also need that Honda Type-R magic. I've considered other options from German makers but end of the day, they're pricey and are as raw in driving dynamics unless you go much older which I don't have time for at this stage of my life.

I don't think type-s will be massively different actually as long as they bring the engine and suspension over without changes. I do expect there may be less downforce at high speeds which means higher top speed on straights. I also think if there's a 10spd auto, there would also be manual. One would make it faster in the straight and on launch, and the other make it more enjoyable for those wanting a stick.

I think part of my comment on that it would be a perfect backup car is that it can be the most close to a Type-R but at the same time, it might have more flexibility to be something a bit different for different needs. In fact, there might be a chance for some fresh colors and a choice in the color vs take it or leave it.

I think if I'm told I have little chance at a type-r within 12mo time, I'd be at Acura right now, ready to put down $1000 deposit.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si

I think backup car is going to be different for different needs. I NEED 4 doors and room for kids, groceries, stroller, etc. I also need that Honda Type-R magic. I've considered other options from German makers but end of the day, they're pricey and are as raw in driving dynamics unless you go much older which I don't have time for at this stage of my life.

I don't think type-s will be massively different actually as long as they bring the engine and suspension over without changes. I do expect there may be less downforce at high speeds which means higher top speed on straights. I also think if there's a 10spd auto, there would also be manual. One would make it faster in the straight and on launch, and the other make it more enjoyable for those wanting a stick.

I think part of my comment on that it would be a perfect backup car is that it can be the most close to a Type-R but at the same time, it might have more flexibility to be something a bit different for different needs. In fact, there might be a chance for some fresh colors and a choice in the color vs take it or leave it.

I think if I'm told I have little chance at a type-r within 12mo time, I'd be at Acura right now, ready to put down $1000 deposit.
the irony of your name ;) Fair comments though, I agree.

I can realistically see a lot of flippers of Type R, when Integra comes out if they nail it (which they likely will unless it costs like 60k)

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car

You better reach out to Acura dealerships. GTA Ontario Acura dealer's lines are already filling up.

Top dealers already have lines at 5-6.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
So, what is everyone’s guess, for when Honda will announce the release date of the Type R in NA, and when do you think the first R will be bought?
I need to ask these questions to make myself feel better.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ I suspect well know by end of first week of Oct w ordering at the mid Oct cycle. Could be some info between now and then. Delivery timing (initial and through next year) is going to be interesting.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i will laugh if both my grc and my fl5 show up at the same time lol

but from what the guy at toyota told me, my grc won't be here until spring/summer which is fine with me
Sponsored