• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Hondata website reports 352 hp 367 lb ft w no mods just 93 octane tune. Motor trend published it as well. Just google fk8 hondata 93 octane tune.
Difference is quite noticeable. From quick to scary quick (at around 3000 rpm and upward). FL5 should respond better due to better cooling and all. Iā€™m sure both Hondata and KTuner will make tunes for it. Best bang for buck to get more hp, imho. Just remember to toss that powertrain warranty out the window if you like to drag race people at the stop light, after flashing the ECU.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
AWE makes a good one (Touring Edition) for the FK8. US-made and not the most expensive either. No drone on the highway. Hondata and high-flow air filter. No other mods. Maybe around 350 hp.

Startup:

Canyon run (mostly 3rd gear, up to 40 mph):
Is it catless?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Difference is quite noticeable. From quick to scary quick (at around 3000 rpm and upward). FL5 should respond better due to better cooling and all. Iā€™m sure both Hondata and KTuner will make tunes for it. Best bang for buck to get more hp, imho. Just remember to toss that powertrain warranty out the window if you like to drag race people at the stop light, after flashing the ECU.
Man those are crazy numbers with just a tune.
I had a Invidia on my EVO X and it was fantastic.
Same for my WRX. Very happy with it.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Hereā€™s a newb question- will spoon springs jack up the car at all? Id be eyeballin those the second they come out but i also dont want to do anything that would hose up the suspension long term.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hondata website reports 352 hp 367 lb ft w no mods just 93 octane tune. Motor trend published it as well. Just google fk8 hondata 93 octane tune.
I didn't pay attention to what you were responding to. However you mean with Hondata.... That makes more sense.

Last edited:

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hereā€™s a newb question- will spoon springs jack up the car at all? Id be eyeballin those the second they come out but i also dont want to do anything that would hose up the suspension long term.
For the FK8, the Spoon Springs lowers the car by 20 mm per their product page. Seems like you want to get their Zero Bump Steer Kit to correct the suspension geometry if lowering the car?

No personal experience.... Hopefully, someone else can chime in with first hand experience.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Youā€™ll be fine, they donā€™t hurt anything

they donā€™t by any means slam the car

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
The swift springs I had on my fk8 definitely made the car have less roll, felt great

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The swift springs I had on my fk8 definitely made the car have less roll, felt great
Nice. Ill probably get springs, the geo kit and now wondering about tge motion control beams and whether or not they would make a diff.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
#1 thing to do is drop off FL5 at my detailer for paint correction & ceramic coating/front ppf.
After recovering from cost of detailing, will be wheels & springs.
Then will be performance mods, starting with Eventuri intake for sure & exhaust (prolly JDM, maybe HKS this time...had Greddy on my FK8).

Prolly get the Honda Red carbon wing and bits as well.
Sponsored