• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
For those concerned about alcantara steering wheels. My 2016 GT4 has it. I love it. Every two to three months I clean it with a stiff plastic bristle brush, using warm water and a drop of soap (hand soap is fine). Lather into the fabric, then wipe with a clean damp cloth, then dry with a clean large towel.
The alcantara is in perfect condition after 42,000kms.
Of course if you never clean it, properly, it will get gross.
With how sweaty my hands are, I'd probably have to do the same every two to three days. Maybe two to three hours.

I'm so glad we're getting leather instead. Even if not, I'd probably just throw on a cover.
Sponsored

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
With how sweaty my hands are, I'd probably have to do the same every two to three days. Maybe two to three hours.

I'm so glad we're getting leather instead. Even if not, I'd probably just throw on a cover.
Iā€™m likely going to drive mine to 100,000+ miles so leather definitely was a good choice.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I am a clean superfreak about my cars. As long as I have the right tools for the job... I actually enjoy cleaning my cars.

I'll likely look to have the rear seats changed to Alcantara too.

I already strongly dislike how plain the rear seats are on a cloth Civic.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I am a clean superfreak about my cars. As long as I have the right tools for the job... I actually enjoy cleaning my cars.

I'll likely look to have the rear seats changed to Alcantara too.

I already strongly dislike how plain the rear seats are on a cloth Civic.
You'd think more people who are into cars would care more about the upkeep both inside and out.

Same with myself, I enjoy making the exterior and interior spotless and shine.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
my greasy as hands gummed up my suede Dream Automotive steering wheel in a matter of months. I ended up putting factory red/black leather steer wheel back on. But I love the suede feels tho.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
You'd think more people who are into cars would care more about the upkeep both inside and out.

Same with myself, I enjoy making the exterior and interior spotless and shine.
Admittedly, if I can get my hands on a CTR then it will be treated just like last two cars: driven past 100,000 miles through dirt, snow, rain, and shine, autocrossed and tracked, weekly grocery trips and daily commuting, as well as cross country road trips with a golden retriever shedding non stop in the back seat and licking every surface available šŸ¤£

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Admittedly, if I can get my hands on a CTR then it will be treated just like last two cars: driven past 100,000 miles through dirt, snow, rain, and shine, autocrossed and tracked, weekly grocery trips and daily commuting, as well as cross country road trips with a golden retriever shedding non stop in the back seat and licking every surface available šŸ¤£
For me with my daily regardless of use case, it would be maintained and cleaned thoroughly each month (or biweekly depending on use, and more so during winter months due to salt).

I can't deal with nasty ass seated quarters inside my house or in my cars.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Well get something sooner. That was a media event if I recall correctly.
Wouldnā€™t that be when reviewers get their hands on it and can give thoughts after embargo lifts?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Wouldnā€™t that be when reviewers get their hands on it and can give thoughts after embargo lifts?

The cars have been around for a month and itā€™s atypical to have all the reviews at a media event rather than an allotted time with each reviewer over a period of time similar to other honda reviews. My guess is that some reviews are already done.
Sponsored