• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Haha great, now this has me all paranoid that my dealership won’t get a Type R. It is a smaller dealership, but I’m assuming they wouldn’t have taken a 1K dollar deposit from me if they didn’t think they would get one? I remember they did get FK8s no problem when I was shopping around for them.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Haha great, now this has me all paranoid that my dealership won’t get a Type R. It is a smaller dealership, but I’m assuming they wouldn’t have taken a 1K dollar deposit from me if they didn’t think they would get one? I remember they did get FK8s no problem when I was shopping around for them.

If that received FK8s. I would expect them to get the FL5.

I would've assumed that all dealers would get a CTR. Learning from you all, I think that may not be the case or so it seems.

Before, it was based on the Honda Civic turn. If that is still the case, I could see where dealers with higher ADM may not get as many. If Civics are sitting on their lot waiting for someone willing to pay for it anyway.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
My local dealership back in 2020 had 7 type r's on one load show up. I'm #2 on the list, hoping to get mine this year. They did +5k markup on fk8's and also on the fl5's.

123_1(5).jpeg

123_1(4).jpeg

123_1(3).jpeg
Dang !
I think I still go straight for the Boost Blue :love:

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I believe its on the dealer franchising that they are fair to each dealer. Obviously a bigger dealer will get more allocation but everyone should get least one car to start.
That makes sense. Just talked to them again, and they actually have my info from February. So if you’re right, hopefully I’ll be the first to get a call.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That makes sense. Just talked to them again, and they actually have my info from February. So if you’re right, hopefully I’ll be the first to get a call.
they're probably piling the cars before they all get distributed together, most likely cars like this has a sale date embargo. Same thing happened with Elantra N, GTI and the Golf R.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Well here’s an example of port to customer timeline….not pretty.

Fwiw, we knew a while back that things were going really bad for the Z, because it was initially going to be released in the spring, and then got pushed back to fall. And they came out and said as much. So far Honda hasn’t said the Type R isn’t coming out this fall, so here’s to hoping we won’t have that problem.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Point is it sat at port for over two months in partial just waiting for Nissan to dole out VIN’s

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Fwiw, we knew a while back that things were going really bad for the Z, because it was initially going to be released in the spring, and then got pushed back to fall. And they came out and said as much. So far Honda hasn’t said the Type R isn’t coming out this fall, so here’s to hoping we won’t have that problem.

Then it came out and have heard its horrible lol. What a crapventure for Nissan.
Sponsored