• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I'll post some more pics later.
Sponsored

Attachments

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Car looks great. Stock sway bars? Interested in hearing about the brakes as well. I've been looking for replacement pads for my Si and no one has developed any for the caliper as far as I know.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Stock front rotor for the 22 Si sounds like it's the same size as the 10th gen at 312mm. I thought I remembered reading somewhere (can't find the source now) that the 22 caliper was different but would accept the same pads as the 10th gen Si (FMSI D1697, also used on the Accord Sport and RLX) .

Maybe @Vincent@27WON can compare backing plates since the 22 stock brakes should be sitting in a bin somewhere.

I've got some used up 10th gen pads someone can have to compare as well if you want to pay flat rate shipping (or you're in the VA/MD/DC area and want to pick up).

Carbotech and G-Loc are good options for the 10th gen, and sometimes they are willing to cut new backing plates if someone sends on an OE pad. Might be worth a call.

Last edited:

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Stock front rotor for the 22 Si sounds like it's the same size as the 10th gen at 312mm. I thought I remembered reading somewhere (can't find the source now) that the 22 caliper was different but would accept the same pads as the 10th gen Si (FMSI D1697, also used on the Accord Sport and RLX) .

Maybe @Vincent@27WON can compare backing plates since the 22 stock brakes should be sitting in a bin somewhere.

I've got some used up 10th gen pads someone can have to compare as well if you want to pay flat rate shipping (or you're in the VA/MD/DC area and want to pick up).

Carbotech and G-Loc are good options for the 10th gen, and sometimes they are willing to cut new backing plates if someone sends on an OE pad. Might be worth a call.
Thanks for the info! So you are pretty confident the caliper is the same across the '22 Civic Si, Accord Sport and RLX? Someone posted a picture of a 10th gen Si pad with an 11th gen Si pad and they were different. I believe it was Unity Performance:
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build DSC_4735.JPG

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Car looks great. Stock sway bars? Interested in hearing about the brakes as well. I've been looking for replacement pads for my Si and no one has developed any for the caliper as far as I know.
Yes, stock sway bars at the moment. I do have a Whiteline rear bar in my EX that I might swap over to the Si but right now the car rotates fine so I don't need it yet.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)

I do have all the stock brakes for both 10th and 11th gen. I'll dig through and see what I find. I'll be writing a blog about our BBK development as well and will share and post.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Thanks for the info! So you are pretty confident the caliper is the same across the '22 Civic Si, Accord Sport and RLX? Someone posted a picture of a 10th gen Si pad with an 11th gen Si pad and they were different. I believe it was Unity Performance:
DSC_4735.JPG
The bottom pad in your picture is most likely a rear 10th gen pad. Would not be surprised if the 11th gen uses the same rear pad.

Not sure what the EBC pad on top of your picture is. Ears look the same as a 10th gen Si pad, but the overall pad size looks much smaller than a 10th gen Si pad (below). Maybe the EBC pad on the top of your picture is from the non-Si 11th gen sedan/hatch front? Or maybe that is the 11th gen rear?

Here is what the front/rear (top/bottom) look like for the 10th gen Si:
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_20220210_191331

If that EBC pad really is the 11th gen Si front, there's going to be a lot of people hitting up @Vincent@27WON for their sweet BBK. ?

Hopefully they can compare 11th gen Si stock to 10th gen Si stock in their BBK blog to help us all compare notes.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
The bottom pad in your picture is most likely a rear 10th gen pad. Would not be surprised if the 11th gen uses the same rear pad.

Not sure what the EBC pad on top of your picture is. Ears look the same as a 10th gen Si pad, but the overall pad size looks much smaller than a 10th gen Si pad (below). Maybe the EBC pad on the top of your picture is from the non-Si 11th gen sedan/hatch front? Or maybe that is the 11th gen rear?

Here is what the front/rear (top/bottom) look like for the 10th gen Si:
IMG_20220210_191331.jpg

If that EBC pad really is the 11th gen Si front, there's going to be a lot of people hitting up @Vincent@27WON for their sweet BBK. ?

Hopefully they can compare 11th gen Si stock to 10th gen Si stock in their BBK blog to help us all compare notes.
I'll take a look at the stock pads this weekend if I have time. Looking to install a stock FK8 rear sway I bought from ebay first if the weather holds up. Supposed to be ~65 F here in Va on Saturday and 37 F and snow showers on Sunday. :)

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Was the 240 or stage one tune recommended by Hondata? Just curious why you didn't run the higher 250 tune. Maybe to preserve the clutch?
I like starting low and working my way up, gradual power gains. Wanted to learn the car first. And yeah being mindful of the clutch as well.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I like starting low and working my way up, gradual power gains. Wanted to learn the car first. And yeah being mindful of the clutch as well.
Sounds very reasonable! Glad to hear the car performed so well from the start.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
I'll take a look at the stock pads this weekend if I have time. Looking to install a stock FK8 rear sway I bought from ebay first if the weather holds up. Supposed to be ~65 F here in Va on Saturday and 37 F and snow showers on Sunday. :)
When you get around to checking, I just confirmed my 10th gen Si stock pad dimensions match this Hawk D1697 diagram

11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build Screenshot_20220210-203738~2
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_20220210_204055
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_20220210_204755

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Cool thanks for the info. Do you have a picture of the caliper itself? I'll compare pad dimensions this weekend.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
So I pulled a front wheel to access the front caliper and had intentions of pulling the pads to measure, but to my surprise the caliper had a large retaining clip holding the body of the caliper to the knuckle/caliper bracket. Of all of my many Honda cars I've owned and serviced, I've never seen a design like this. Where the caliper bolts holding the piston and body part of the caliper there were the plastic cylindrical coverings of some sort. I didn't want to dismantle the caliper to find I needed a special tool to put it all back together. :) Anyone service a caliper like this?
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_1940
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_1938
11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build IMG_1937
Sponsored