• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 Type R
I can with 100% confidence tell you the FL5 will wipe the floor with our car. There's literally no way Honda made this thing slower with the additional cooling, 5+ years of chassis suspension development, and the new tire package.
It beat the LE on Suzuka by .800 seconds. I could’ve farted before the finish line for weight savings and matched that.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
It beat the LE on Suzuka by .800 seconds. I could’ve farted before the finish line for weight savings and matched that.
As if any of this really matters. Besides, with one Phearable tune, this thing will make a good deal more power anyway…for those concerned that it won’t be fast enough.

NillyVanilly

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 3.0P, 2008 Miata, 2008 Tundra
.8 seconds over the expensive LE is no joke at this level. Starts costing a lot to keep getting faster and faster. For example the Porsche 911 GT3 RS isn't even .1 seconds faster than the new Civic type r. Thats a $190k MSRP car and only .08 seconds faster around the same track(2:23.04 vs Type r at 2:23.12).

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I love how contested the official horsepower number is.... we can pretty much all agree it is 320hp give or take a large K&N sticker.

It actually doesn't even matter considering Honda will sandbag the number anyway

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I love how contested the official horsepower number is.... we can pretty much all agree it is 320hp give or take a large K&N sticker.

It actually doesn't even matter considering Honda will sandbag the number anyway
Is it contested by anyone who understands Europe & Japan have a different power number than the US/Americas? The higher octane gas countries can get away with more aggressive timing. It's +10ps (or HP, basically the same at this level) over your region's FK8 under rated or not. Peak power doesn't matter to anyone who wants to go fast though - it's area under the curve. But again, we're going into technical details here and I know that's something you shy away from.

Last edited:

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Honda needs to talk to the boys at Hondata and realize what they are missing
I am sure they are aware.. probably tuning more for longevity/daily drivability and leaving room for tuners. If Honda tuned the car to w/e Hondata does already, then tuners will ... well, tune again.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Honda needs to talk to the boys at Hondata and realize what they are missing

what does this even mean? honda builds the car from the factory to be reliable long term and still have great power. they aren't building their shit to max it out so it lasts half as long

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
If it's true that the car is detuned for the US again, that's disappointing.
I can't think of any other modern performance car where thats the case.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
If it's true that the car is detuned for the US again, that's disappointing.
I can't think of any other modern performance car where thats the case.
Its weird because the EU has stricter emissions than here in the US so, idk why its detuned lol

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This has to do with the availability of higher octane fuel in the US. I do believe.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Its weird because the EU has stricter emissions than here in the US so, idk why its detuned lol
Generally the Euro spec cars actually make more power than the US even if it's not on the spec sheet. It's because their gas is better (higher octane and consistency) so they can run more aggressive timing. Europe forced a particulate filter onto the exhaust so it brings them down a bit more now but most of the US cars are designed around California's 91 octane availability (though funny enough the prototype CTR had a sticker that says 87 octane is programmed in) with the 50-state emissions programming now in place.

Hondata doesn't care if you get a tank of bad gas nor are their programs designed around reliability driving through Death Valley in the middle of summer. They simply run a lot closer to the limit than Honda programs their cars. But this allows for anyone to run closer to the sun if they so choose.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Is it contested by anyone who understands Europe & Japan have a different power number than the US/Americas? The higher octane gas countries can get away with more aggressive timing. It's +10ps (or HP, basically the same at this level) over your region's FK8 under rated or not. Peak power doesn't matter to anyone who wants to go fast though - it's area under the curve. But again, we're going into technical details here and I know that's something you shy away from.
Another wonderful post by Time Racer... thanks for your top notch contribution!
Sponsored