• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I would image these power differences are ECU tunes which would be different for different markets due to quality & octane of fuel & environmental conditions
Sponsored

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Good thing the FK8 exist for you then đź‘Ť
Whole lot of other people that enjoy the car as well my man. Personally I prefer one thing, but I'll most likely enjoy anything Honda puts out as long as it isn't complete garbage which they have really never done

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
One thing for sure, regardless of the styling and looks, the FL5 should meet and more than likely exceed the performance of the FK8. Then it's a win-win for everyone who has a preference besides that most likely the FL5 will be produced in lower numbers due to current circumstances. Excited for the reveal tonight!

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
One thing for sure, regardless of the styling and looks, the FL5 should meet and more than likely exceed the performance of the FK8. Then it's a win-win for everyone who has a preference besides that most likely the FL5 will be produced in lower numbers due to current circumstances. Excited for the reveal tonight!
Well it should exceed the performance of the fk8 since honda already stated that it is the most powerful type r ever and thay it beat the fk8 LE Sazuka lap time.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Well it should exceed the performance of the fk8 since honda already stated that it is the most powerful type r ever and thay it beat the fk8 LE Sazuka lap time.
It beat the LE so goes without saying. Still waiting for news on the ring.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I’ll obviously be keeping my FK8, but I’m so excited for the reveal! I just honestly loves Type-R’s. Been a Honda fanboy since I started driving and hopefully this FL5 will be a beast similar to how the FK8 is. This may be the last real R made before it becomes electric, so this is a very exciting moment for us.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Hybrid Type R potential is there. Who knows the additional cost. Small motors in the rear wheel hubs or one motor. It would help wit torque fill with bigger turbo, mitigate wheel spin and torque vectoring.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
There will definitely be a hybrid R, but this is the last one with a manual 2ltr turbo ICE and that is something very special.

Just hoping the don't sacrifice ride quality chasing ring records :rolleyes:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
There will definitely be a hybrid R, but this is the last one with a manual 2ltr turbo ICE and that is something very special.

Just hoping the don't sacrifice ride quality chasing ring records :rolleyes:
The fact that it’s the last fully ICE Civic Type R ever made is icing on the cake.

We’ll be able to buy this car, drive it for many years, and I can promise ya’ll that it will appreciate in price. More so than the likes of S2000 did IMO. Why? - Because it will always be known as the last ICE Type R.

We may have to pay a hefty markup, but IMO cars like GR Yaris/Corolla and Civic Type R will only skyrocket in value going forward (assuming decent mileage).

Even if the used car market crashes (which it will), these rare cars will not be impacted. Mark my words.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
That'll depend on the mythic number of units!

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I like how thr first part explains the differnt generations of civic Type R. Hope it will help in understanding the change of design a little more.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I like how thr first part explains the differnt generations of civic Type R. Hope it will help in understanding the change of design a little more.

In my experience carwow seems to be chronic honda bashers.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Hybrid Type R potential is there. Who knows the additional cost. Small motors in the rear wheel hubs or one motor. It would help wit torque fill with bigger turbo, mitigate wheel spin and torque vectoring.
That would be cool but that would make The price sky rocket. Unless Honda is happy doing that since this may be very low productio
In my experience carwow seems to be chronic honda bashers.
meh the main guy had an FK2 CTR as his personal car for years. Even did tons of filming other cars with it. Honda just doesn’t have much going for it performance wise besides the R.
Sponsored