• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
If this applies to the US as well, it makes my decision to go with the GR Corolla vs the CTR alot easier.
I've got deposits on both. But yeah, CTR is my first pick. But if it's unattainable then hopefully I can get a GRC. But I'm not holding my breath on either until some official productions numbers come out on both cars.
Sponsored

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Just got off the phone with my dealer here in Ontario Canada. They previously said they usually sell around 4 a year. Here are some updates:

- they're getting 8 cars (he's not clear if it's first year or all three years, I'll guess three years)
- he did not dispute the limited numbers for Canada over 3 years and verbally agreed
- they have not had the conversation of who gets one yet, which will happen on Monday
- they don't know which colors yet
- they will unfortunately be going with the method of ordering the car with additional options to maximize profits and think many others will do the same so customers won't get to choose color
- no updates on timing yet
- last time I talked to them they have 15 people on the list

Given this, I'm just glad I'll get one. I was going to get the rust proofing because it's Canada anyway. Extended warranty will be extra cost but I guess it's hard to find better than this around here. Knowing after market price will be insane, I won't really complain about this. Everyone's gotta eat. It's not nearly as bad as adding 5k+ in BS market adjustment. I feel bad for those shopping for cars in the US.

Good luck all. Call your dealers. They'll have more relevant local updates.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Oof, this is not great and it's not stacking up to a very enjoyable buying process. I'm not excited about any of the leaked colours (and Canada might not even get all of those), and to think it could take a couple years to get one if you have a specific colour in mind (even IF you can find one?). I am excited about this car, but not sure about waiting one or more years for one (after hyper watching rumours since fall 2021). I get COVID, and the sales tactic of keeping it limited, but man, this is not much fun at this point. Maybe we'll all feel happier after July 20th when we actually get some real details?

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
This sucks, I’m planning to sell my car to put it words there purchase of the CTR, if they’re limiting production then mannn, I’m risking selling my car and not getting it back

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
This sucks, I’m planning to sell my car to put it words there purchase of the CTR, if they’re limiting production then mannn, I’m risking selling my car and not getting it back
Without a dealer commitment thats a tough spot to be in. Ugh

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I work for Honda in Quebec,Canada..Just got some news from Honda Canada.........OH BOY!!!

This is not a joke,this is real stuff ...I don't know how its going to be in the US ...But here it is

THIS IS FOR CANADA

-The new Type-R will be available for 3 years only (2023,2024 and 2025)
-There will be 546 units total for Canada for the total 3 years!
-Most dealers won't be able to get them (you need to be a big dealer,or at least have sold 5+ R per year)

We are a big dealer in Quebec,and we have been told that we have a maximum of 7 Type-R only that we will be able to get in 3 YEARS!!!

-We will be limited to 2 or 3 car for the first year...for us the order's for 2023 will be this Monday morning,order's will be online at the dealer with the customer ...We had 2 customer interested in the 11th gen R,so the 2 client's have been contact to be here monday morning...

Wonder how it's going to be in the US ...

Good Luck boys!

Edit: No Price yet!
Sacrificing the CTR to sell more integras "type S" if it become a tangible reality? if this is true, do they really invest capital unto the production of a car with low marging of revenue? Or the 11gen CTR ist is just some adjusment of few bolts and call it the day?

Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2020 Toyota Supra
The markups on the newest CTR will be insane if what OP said is true. 80k for a CTR?! I think I'd rather buy a high mile NSX instead or do the sane thing and just keep my 2018 CTR 🤷🏽‍♂️.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The markups on the newest CTR will be insane if what OP said is true. 80k for a CTR?! I think I'd rather buy a high mile NSX instead or do the sane thing and just keep my 2018 CTR 🤷🏽‍♂️.
Why don’t we wait until they come out and we see what types of markups happen, across the board, before we make any assumptions on just how big markups will be.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
3,276 for the U.S. then.
And I’m pretty sure over 2017-2021 they sold 20,000 Type Rs in the US, which would be around 4,000 a year. So if it extrapolates based off what Canada is doing, and we get 3,276 per year, that’s not too far off the FK8, right?

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
The FL5 is going to be tested around $58-60k.

People can claim they are the "first" but us at corp gets first dibs. I have a CBP already allocated to myself, I get my VIN in late June/early July as long as everything is set. My delivery is in the fall. Not too sure if I want to dump my FK8 for the new new but I'll see. Worst case, I'll just sell it to one of my local dealers

I work for Honda in Quebec,Canada..Just got some news from Honda Canada.........OH BOY!!!
I'm assuming you're either a GM, SM or PM because that meet was for them only lol. I was at the western meeting and boy I dont miss working at the dealer level lol.

Any clue which colours we will get in Canada?
RR, CW, CBP, RBP/BBP, SGP.... unless they change one of the colours last minute

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
What does that mean?
How much Honda will set MSRP? I've seen a rough estimate what invoice is because someone accidentally leaked it
Sponsored