• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
How much Honda will set MSRP? I've seen a rough estimate what invoice is because someone accidentally leaked it
You’re telling me, the 2023 Type R, in USD, will sell for $58-$60k MSRP? And this car is basically similar to the FK8, with more than likely similar power, and that one sold for mid $30k MSRP? I call BS
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
You’re telling me, the 2023 Type R, in USD, will sell for $58-$60k MSRP? And this car is basically similar to the FK8, with more than likely similar power, and that one sold for mid $30k MSRP? I call BS
I think he means CAD not USD.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I'm Canadian, I don't know anything about the USDM FL5 lol

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Kind of not cool that corporate Honda employees can snatch up cars first…when everybody else has to wait. Dealer Honda employees aren’t even given any special treatment.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Interesting though that we will finally get all the colours, not that it matters at this point I will take whatever is offered up.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'm Canadian, I don't know anything about the USDM FL5 lol
Probably best we clarify that, since Canada is such a small part of the global allocation of Type Rs. No way is the US getting that few Type Rs.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
…and boy $44-46k MSRP USD seems like quite a jump from the mid $30k range MSRP of the FK8.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
I’m a long time bmw owner who is looking into buying one of these as a more affordable daily. But this is shaping up to be more trouble than it’s worth. I’ll probably end up just ordering my own customized spec of the new M2 at msrp that I’m on the waitlist for and call it a day. Will see if my dealer comes through but the fact that I not only have to be on waitlist and hope for the right color and then pay well above msrp doesn’t seem worth it. No offense but end of the day it’s a derivative of a Honda Civic. No reason it should be so limited and difficult to get.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I’m a long time bmw owner who is looking into buying one of these as a more affordable daily. But this is shaping up to be more trouble than it’s worth. I’ll probably end up just ordering my own customized spec of the new M2 at msrp that I’m on the waitlist for and call it a day. Will see if my dealer comes through but the fact that I not only have to be on waitlist and hope for the right color and then pay well above msrp doesn’t seem worth it. No offense but end of the day it’s a derivative of a Honda Civic. No reason it should be so limited and difficult to get.
To be fair, should wait for it to reveal, before deciding anything. A lot of what I see on here is in reference to the Uk and Canada where they aren’t getting many…

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Kind of not cool that corporate Honda employees can snatch up cars first…when everybody else has to wait. Dealer Honda employees aren’t even given any special treatment.
True. But I did put a big deposit in lol

Probably best we clarify that, since Canada is such a small part of the global allocation of Type Rs. No way is the US getting that few Type Rs.
I'm guessing the USDM FL5 allocation would double the CDM allocation but not 100% certain on that.

Canada is a waitlist, not surprise if all FL5s will be spoken for come launch date since everyone is going through an online portal to order. If the G87 M2 is not ZCP then I don't want it imo

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
To be fair, should wait for it to reveal, before deciding anything. A lot of what I see on here is in reference to the Uk and Canada where they aren’t getting many…
agreed. I still have plenty of time before I’d place an order for M2 so I’m hoping my dealer comes through before then. Hoping for good news after the reveal.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Canada is a waitlist, not surprise if all FL5s will be spoken for come launch date since everyone is going through an online portal to order. If the G87 M2 is not ZCP then I don't want it imo
So how does that online portal work exactly, like site opens up and dealers enter orders in hope their orders get filled?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'm guessing the USDM FL5 allocation would double the CDM allocation but not 100% certain on that.
I’m no math whiz, but Canada has a 10th the population of the US. I’m betting the US gets 4,000-6,000/ year, similar to the FK8.

Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2020 Toyota Supra
Why don’t we wait until they come out and we see what types of markups happen, across the board, before we make any assumptions on just how big markups will be.
I hear yah and trust me, I'm hoping for the best but we only have to look at the C8 and Supra for precedence. The C8 was marked up on average 19.3% even though it sold a sh*tload (2020: 21,627, 2021: 33,042, 2022: 17,441). The dealers are still going to add mark-up even if Honda by some miracle supplies enough cars to surpass demand.

My guess is a 20% markup on a $41k 2023 ($41k instead of $37k to adjust for inflation) sooooooo my final guess would be:
$49k($41k + 20%markup) + $1k(bullsh*t dealer add-ons) + 10%(California tax😭) + 4k (fees) = ~$60,000 out the door
Sponsored

Last edited: