• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Please do elaborate
all these rumors posted as facts. If you really believe Canada is only getting 500 of them in 3 years, I have a bridge to sell you. For reference Honda built 48000 FK8.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
all these rumors posted as facts. If you really believe Canada is only getting 500 of them in 3 years, I have a bridge to sell you. For reference Honda built 48000 FK8.
I get it, i guess the alternative is to say ops lying or Honda is full of shit?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Sounds awesome, but Iā€™m trying to understand how dealers are making promises like this, when the car hasnā€™t even debuted? I guess in Canada, they get all the info before the rest of the world?
Iā€™m actually in florida. Like I said not sure how true it is, just hoping it is haha

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are living in different timesā€¦Toyota is making nearly a quarter million less cars a year. Production on the FL5 will not be what the FK8 was.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I get it, i guess the alternative is to say ops lying or Honda is full of shit?
take it as a grain of salt. Only people that actually knows how many will be sold is few C level executives in Honda Japan. Not some Honda employee in Canada. I almost guarantee Honda will build much as the demand will be met, these cars not build with unobtainium and they certainly have a higher profit margin than your typical civic.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
take it as a grain of salt. Only people that actually knows how many will be sold is few C level executives in Honda Japan. Not some Honda employee in Canada. I almost guarantee Honda will build much as the demand will be met, these cars not build with unobtainium and they certainly have a higher profit margin than your typical civic.
Got it, shock and awe at first then a ramp up after the initial deliveries. That would mean some folks get bamboozled on price in the first run.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
We are living in different timesā€¦Toyota is making nearly a quarter million less cars a year. Production on the FL5 will not be what the FK8 was.
Yeah, we are in different times, but the GR Corolla is planning on 6,600/year, and the Golf R will be making plenty too. Canā€™t imagine Honda is the only car manufacturer, whoā€™s like, ā€œsorry, we are in different times.ā€

It may not be what the FK8 was, but it will be way more than what people are suggesting. Specifically when referring to the US.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
No, Honda is actually getting 546 units for 3 years. There was a regional meeting yesterday, I attended both of them.

It is online but not like the LE ...You need to be at the dealer with the salesman and have a deposit of $1000,but that's in Quebec so i don't know how it works in the other province...but not all dealers are able to order,so call first
I can look into that but you're probably right. Then again my deposit overrides everyone else since it's a big one lol

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, we are in different times, but the GR Corolla is planning on 6,600/year, and the Golf R will be making plenty too. Canā€™t imagine Honda is the only car manufacturer, whoā€™s like, ā€œsorry, we are in different times.ā€

It may not be what the FK8 was, but it will be way more than what people are suggesting. Specifically when referring to the US.
Toyota planning on 6,600ā€¦we are talking about Toyota though, that number will be short and also they keep cutting production every month. The Gr86 has been out since last year and Iā€™ve seen about 3-4 on the roadā€¦thatā€™s not even a limited production car like the GR will be. I mean itā€™s really common senseā€¦the way things are as of right now and will be for the foreseeable future, donā€™t expect this car to be all over the place what so ever.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
yeh and the Hyundai guy told everyone there was only 400 Elantra N's being sent this year. Everyone lies. Take what you hear on the internet, especially on a forum to be a grain of salt.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Toyota planning on 6,600ā€¦we are talking about Toyota though, that number will be short and also they keep cutting production every month. The Gr86 has been out since last year and Iā€™ve seen about 3-4 on the roadā€¦thatā€™s not even a limited production car like the GR will be. I mean itā€™s really common senseā€¦the way things are as of right now and will be for the foreseeable future, donā€™t expect this car to be all over the place what so ever.
I donā€™t expect it to be all over the place, shoot the FK8, after all these years, is still not a car I see ā€œall over the placeā€, but I see no reason why, based on speculations, Honda wonā€™t build similar 4-6k Type Rs a year in the US.

And obviously, like others have said, we donā€™t know any specifics yet, so everything you hear is just conjecture.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
@fastSI @turbomike Do either of you have numbers on the Civic Type R sales numbers in Canada from 2017-2021? I couldn't find it anywhere online and I'd be curious to know how they compare.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
@fastSI @turbomike Do either of you have numbers on the Civic Type R sales numbers in Canada from 2017-2021? I couldn't find it anywhere online and I'd be curious to know how they compare.
We could at least guessā€¦ I think I read that a little over 19,000 were sold in the US from 2017-2021, and Canada is about 1/10 the population of the US, so maybe in the neighborhood of 1,900 total or 390/yearā€¦

Which, when put in perspective, makes these extremely small numbers people are freaking out over, seem realistically, just like the FK8.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Because those numbers are not available online
Sponsored