• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
And 35% can't imagine driving on the wrong side of the road 🤣

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Hello all, I’m based in the UK too and I’m sure I read somewhere that all right hand drive cars are going to be built in Japan, And left hand drive cars is the US.
This is true. All RHD FL5s are in Japan, all LHD FL5 are in the US

Imagine getting the FL5 from Japan with JDM wait times, gonna see it in 12-18 months. I'm still waiting for my parts to come in from Japan and it's a long waiting game

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Always overnight parts from Japan.

Anyway. As for RHD. I've had a chance in UK to drive a standard Vauxhall Astra 1.4T hatchback. Same as a Chevrolet Cruise but with better suspension setup I think. Shifting with left hand was a bit weird at first but became really natural after. It was actually a pretty fun drive.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Honda had no problem at all selling the FK8, so it seems strange that they're planning to make fewer than before. I think one explanation is they're going to make an Integra Type S based on the FL5 and expect that to steal some FL5 sales?

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
All this makes no sens...feels like a marketing stun from a salesguy to create "urgency". If is true. I'll wait for the economy to make its wonder with high interest rates. ;)

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Probably a variety of factors. Persistent supply issues. Consumer belt-tightening. Priced-in upcoming inflationary recession/depression.
Considering of the total Civics the Type-R accounts for ~2% of the total and maybe ...8% of the hatchbacks sold (guesstimate - can't quickly find the hatchback sales numbers) it's probably Type-R specific part shortages especially when it's forecast through the entire generation. The biggest variable, and honestly I don't think it's happening but rumorville persists, is if the Type-S Integra (or other unreleased car) gets specced with the Type-R K20C1 engine and Honda knows they can't supply enough for the Integra Type-S, the crate engine program and the Type-R in the volumes they did with the previous generation. With it being the last fully internal combustion engine Civic platform, they're probably not going to expand the engine facility.

As of right now similar vehicles like the Golf R, Hyundai Elantra N and others are selling out with pretty long lead times. The 'hype' for the sport compact market appears to be growing with everything from the cheaper Si/GR86 to the higher end RS3 and the like and most of those cars are pretty hard to come by today. Would be surprised if the Honda forecast thinks the market will shrink to that level. 🤷‍♂️ Though that said the used market should come crashing down as the supply chain is cleaned up, but surprised at the relatively short time frame.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
sale manager called me back and confirmed it will be 3 year run for Canada with very limited number. I'm #3 on the list from dealer and they kindly said i probably will get a 2024 model not 2023. I put large deposit back in February just so you know.
I was told the exact same thing and this was a few months back. I am starting to wonder if this is just what they are being told to say to everyone to create FOMO and set us all up ahead for markups, the days to even negotiate a deal are long gone since supply shortages and long wait times... at the end dealerships are separate entities than the manufacturer... i put a deposit back in 2021 before there were even major news release so if all the dealerships submitted their deposits or orders to the manufacturer i find it hard to turn those orders down, who in the right mind runs a business and when it gets busy decides i had my fill for money today i think i am good on profits let me shut her down... another thing is if the dealership i put the order through doesn't get it and others do, it's going to look bad on them as a consumer i know never to do business there and go to the other dealership so if only 5 dealerships are getting CTRs and the rest aren't it's bad for business... at the end of the day we are paying customers they want that business, sure wait times supply shortages and markups changed the dynamics of how car sales used to be but it's still a business at the end of the day

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
My dealer confirmed rumors are true. Lucky for me I'm #1 with $2500 deposit down. Woooooo!
how do you know you're number 1, because i put a deposit back in 2021 and i was pretty sure i was number one, at one point sales rep said i am 2nd in line, then 6 months go by i regularly check he said i am 4th and that he made a mistake. he seemed to be winging it, i asked if you guys keep track of have a list somewhere, he replied yes but i had not seen it...tbh been taking everything he says at face value

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
how do you know you're number 1, because i put a deposit back in 2021 and i was pretty sure i was number one, at one point sales rep said i am 2nd in line, then 6 months go by i regularly check he said i am 4th and that he made a mistake. he seemed to be winging it, i asked if you guys keep track of have a list somewhere, he replied yes but i had not seen it...tbh been taking everything he says at face value
My dealer is big enough to receive 3 cars this year. They don't take deposits but I basically made them. I'm the only one at this dealer with any cash down. So I'm #1 as far as customers go. And I trust this dealer. Myself and family has been buying from them for years.

So yeah. As far as I see it since I'm the only one with money down and a contract signed. I'm 1st.

How did you put a deposit down for a 11th gen civic last year and loose so many spots? You should be furious.

Last edited:

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
My dealer is big enough to receive 3 cars this year. They don't take deposits but I basically made them. I'm the only one at this dealer with any cash down. So I'm #1 as far as customers go. And I trust this dealer. Myself and family has been buying from them for years.

So yeah. As far as I see it since I'm the only one with money down and a contract signed. I'm 1st.

How did you put a deposit down for a 11th gen civic last year and loose so many spots? You should be furious.
i guess i made a mistake not going to a big dealership thinking a relatively smaller one would put me at better odds of being at the top of the list. to my surprise these rumors now say, some smaller dealerships won't even get any...i pulled out my receipt it was exactly Oct 2021 when i put a deposit back then everyone was anticipating the 11th gen CTR to be released in 2022.. guess with a number of factors we now know it's going to bea 2023 model and in 2022 there was non made... i hope they honor the first come first serve basis and they in fact do have a list they are tracking... and the sales rep just made an honest mistake because during my conversations it's not like he was looking through his computer or pulling records out on paper, he was just saying things off the top .. unless what happened is those that placed orders for the 10th gen CTR in its 2021 last year run never got fulfilled and they got bumped ahead of me which is still fair

11th Gen Honda Civic .... PXL_20220711_035827727

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
i guess i made a mistake not going to a big dealership thinking a relatively smaller one would put me at better odds of being at the top of the list. to my surprise these rumors now say, some smaller dealerships won't even get any...i pulled out my receipt it was exactly Oct 2021 when i put a deposit back then everyone was anticipating the 11th gen CTR to be released in 2022.. guess with a number of factors we now know it's going to bea 2023 model and in 2022 there was non made... i hope they honor the first come first serve basis and they in fact do have a list they are tracking... and the sales rep just made an honest mistake because during my conversations it's not like he was looking through his computer or pulling records out on paper, he was just saying things off the top .. unless what happened is those that placed orders for the 10th gen CTR in its 2021 last year run never got fulfilled and they got bumped ahead of me which is still fair

PXL_20220711_035827727.jpg
I see.

I think you need to act immediately. Contact your dealer tomorrow and get a firm answer from them on a 2023 car. If they can't do it demand a refund and put money down on a bigger more reputable dealer ASAP.
Sponsored