• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

600+ Horsepower Hyundai Ioniq 5 N set for 2024

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Not sure if anyone has seen this video. I recall seeing a sizzle reel of it a while back; however, I never saw the full version until recently. Keen to see how this will go for Hyundai as there hasn't been a manufacturer to date who has packaged a track-focused car with EV architecture and technology in a meaningful way. This can be a monumental flop/embarrassment for the brand or it could catalyze to push performance-based EVs forward.

NOTE: I realize there's a large population who dislike EVs and that's completely ok, I'm certain some folks here will appreciate this.

Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’m not going to delve into the widely discussed pros and cons of EV technology and will just say that I think it’s cool to see a manufacturer focus on the next generation hot hatch. My hearse will probably be an EV and I will be upset about it.🤣

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
Just from the video not at all enticing. Some type of active sound and effects of shifting screams a marketing video aimed to replicate everything they’d great about ICE engine vehicles. Unless that hyundai has geared motors and some sort of mechanical/magnetic shifting it really just feels artificial. Marketing a new direction while mimicking the old. Maybe some people will like it who knows

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
A couple thoughts...

• H-YON-DAY? Have I been saying it wrong all this time? Am I the only one? I know James from Throttle House DEFINITELY says it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I say Hyundai the way the commercials teach it.
  • Where can I buy the car/jet/motorcycle they use for the artificial sound blasters?
Sponsored