• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

6mT Hatch’s: Civic vs Mazda3 Premium

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I can think of only 3 6mT hatch options: Civic Sport (or Type R), Mazda3 Premium or GTI.

GTI is too expensive now that’s the $6-7k discounts are long gone, and the buttonless interior sucks.

That leaves the Mazda3 and Sport Touring which are both about $31k.

I like the Civic styling and practicality better but I’m hopeful for the next gen Mazda3 since I can’t buy for another two years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Mini offers a 6mT 5 door hatch, forgot about that one. I can't stand the interior styling in particular so I forgot about that one.

M!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, GR Yaris, FJ Cruiser, Jimny, NA and ND Miata
The Mazda 3 hatchback looks very sensuous but it's really tiny inside (particularly at the back row). It used to have a big edge with interior styling and quality, but the latest Civic closed the gap significantly. Between the two, the Civic is the clear winner overall for me and I'm speaking as someone who owns two Mazdas.

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The Mazda 3 hatchback looks very sensuous but it's really tiny inside (particularly at the back row). It used to have a big edge with interior styling and quality, but the latest Civic closed the gap significantly. Between the two, the Civic is the clear winner overall for me and I'm speaking as someone who owns two Mazdas.
Yeah, I don't want to give up space, especially after owning a 2023 Focus hatch which is small on the outside and huge inside, it's as roomy in the back row as the 2020 Si was but much shorter. But Mazda always chooses design over practicality. I hope the next Mazda3 is more practical without the sloping roof and huge rear side pillars.

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatch, 2020 Si Sedan, 2023 Si
Thanks, forgot about the Teg. $38,000 for a 6mT with the 1.5T is a bitter pill, though.

If they get some decent discounts, that would get on my radar.
I'm with you on the price. I really wish they offered the manual on a lower priced trim of the Integra. Sure there are a lot of upgrades from the Si that it's based on (seats, heads up display, stereo, full digital instrumentation...and some things that were taken away from the Si like fog lamps and heated seats!) but I'm not sure the upgrades are worth the price difference. Underneath it all, it's still a Civic...which does make it a bitter pill. The lower priced trims with a manual would be much easier to justify.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
1) GR86
2) Civic Si
3) Wait for the GTI Refresh

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Woops, was skimming at work and missed that.

1) GTI refresh
2) Civic Hatch
Sponsored