• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
8 Facts To Know About the 2022 Honda Civic

1) There will be a new Type R

There will be 4 different models of the Civic for customers to choose from. The Civic Sedan, Hatchback, Si, and most importantly the Type R.

Honda hasn’t released any details on the Type R yet but there have been rumors that it could use hybrid technology.

2) There won’t be a Civic Coupe

While the Type R lives on in the Civic lineup, the Civic coupe will be coming to an end.

Honda has said that slows sales in the coupe are the reason for them dropping it from the lineup. Partly because of how popular the Civic hatchback has become.

3) The Civic Hatchback will be built in the United States

For the first time the Civic hatchback will be manufactured in the United States at Honda’s Greensburg, Indiana plant.

It continues the Civic’s history of being manufactured in North America along with the Civic sedan that’s built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada.

4) The Civic will have new active and passive safety systems

The 11th-gen Civic will come with multiple new active and passive safety systems to improve driver and passenger safety.

The Civic will have an upgraded suite of Honda Sensing safety and driver-assistive technologies, and multiple new airbag designs.

There will also be an advanced new version of Honda's Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure with both improved occupant and pedestrian collision protection.

5) There will be a full digital dashboard

For the first time ever the Civic will come with a full digital dashboard.

The digital instrument cluster is designed to remove clutter and give the driver a clean and clear view of the road.

There will also be a brand new 9 inch touchscreen that’s mounted on top of the low-set instrument panel.

It looks like there are some dials though, but it looks almost entirely digital. The good news is that there looks to be a volume knob on the infotainment screen.

6) It has a new color - Solar Flare Pearl

To celebrate the 11th-gen Civic’s premiere, Honda revealed it in a brand new color, Solar Flare Pearl.

According to Honda it “ showcases a fresh, sporty and upscale new look” for the new Civic.

Since Honda debuted the car in this color it’s likely we’ll see something like it on the production model, but it’s not confirmed.

7) Honda changed the body to improve visibility

With the new Civic Honda made changes to the Civic’s body design to improve visibility for the driver.

Honda’s design team moved the front roof pillars rearward relative to the driver, to place them more in the visual periphery. They also relocated the side mirrors to the doors for a clearer view through the front side windows.

8) The air vents are hidden under a honeycomb mesh

One thing you’ll notice about the Civic’s interior is that the air vents are hidden under a honeycomb mesh accent. It stretches across the dashboard and it follows Honda’s new “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (M/M) design philosophy
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Some more facts I read this morning....

- the base of the A pillars were moved back by about 2 inches to help elongate the nose of the civic.

- the front overhang is about 1 inch longer, but the rear overhang is 1 inch shorter, helping with stance and faux RWD appearance

- the rear track was increased by half an inch, helping both with stance, and most likely, handling to some degree

- the overall wheelbase was lengthened by little over an inch, but interior space remains the same

source: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g34670289/honda-civic-prototype-design-details/

Here's another article talking about some other features such as the available digital instrument cluster. How the new civic will perform better than the 10G. And being honda's new point of entry, a possibly lower starting price. More safety features. The spokesperson they spoke to also said the Si and CTR would retain their manuals, but also didn't rule out a dual clutch auto option to compete with the veloster. (personally hoping for an Si Hatch with a dual clutch).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34632851/2022-honda-civic-prototype-revealed/

Last edited:

88CS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Pontiac Bonneville 2017 Honda Civic LX
I really like the smoothed out styling and the straight rather than swept up belt line. It allows for more greenhouse and visibility. The interior looks good, simple like all Honda’s should be. It does remind me of the 87-91 Chevrolet Berettas/Corsica’s with the wrap around air vent with hidden vent diffusers and that’s a good thing. Just going to miss the sliding storage console and cup holder. That was a very unique feature that is being replaced with just a simple two cup holder and box console.
11th Gen Honda Civic 8 Facts To Know About the 2022 Honda Civic 8287E322-5187-488F-BD33-7D2F38F051EA

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree on the cup holders. Granted, they've only shown the drawing of the interior... the actual finished product will most likely change some. The removeable/sliding cup holders were an amazing feature... so easy to clean! I'm sure the armrest/storage will remain for the most part.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Going to digital dash is a cost cutting move.

Modern LCD displays are far cheaper than electro-mechanical gauge clusters.

d0m056

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring (2020)
Will it have Blind Spot Monitoring? This is one of the major complaint I have for my 2020 Touring.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will it have Blind Spot Monitoring? This is one of the major complaint I have for my 2020 Touring.
Most likely, as honda is doing away with the lane watch (personally i prefer lane watch) but they mentioned new active and passive safety features, so I would say its safe to assume blindspot monitoring will be available at least on upper trims.

JoeCain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Most likely, as honda is doing away with the lane watch (personally i prefer lane watch) but they mentioned new active and passive safety features, so I would say its safe to assume blindspot monitoring will be available at least on upper trims.
I have Lanewatch on my 17 EX-T, but my wife has a 2020 CR-V EX with the blindspot indicators. Took some getting used to, but I wish my Civic had them.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
What is a "full digital dashboard" and why is it so often mentioned? I thought I already have a full digital dashboard, so what is this about?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is a "full digital dashboard" and why is it so often mentioned? I thought I already have a full digital dashboard, so what is this about?
The 10ths gens have a partially digital instrument cluster (as does the accord, CRV, etc) Just the center portion of the 10th gen instruments is an LCD display, with the fuel and temp gauges being "physical"... the light bars. The newly available all digital display will be an LCD/LED display that fully fills the instrument cluster area (usually it ends up being between 9-11 inches). This opens opportunity for customization, different layouts based on driving modes, etc. For reference, look at things like Audi's digital cockpit... or the similar system used in the new VW Jetta. I believe the new hyundai santa fe may have also adopted a new all digital display as well.

Rather than having any physical guages/lights, the whole thing will just be a screen which will display all the info. If similar to the 10th gen, I expect this feature to be available on EX and above trims, with lower Sport/LX trims getting partially digital displays (probably something similar to what the accord currently uses).

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The 10ths gens have a partially digital instrument cluster (as does the accord, CRV, etc) Just the center portion of the 10th gen instruments is an LCD display, with the fuel and temp gauges being "physical"... the light bars. The newly available all digital display will be an LCD/LED display that fully fills the instrument cluster area (usually it ends up being between 9-11 inches). This opens opportunity for customization, different layouts based on driving modes, etc. For reference, look at things like Audi's digital cockpit... or the similar system used in the new VW Jetta. I believe the new hyundai santa fe may have also adopted a new all digital display as well.

Rather than having any physical guages/lights, the whole thing will just be a screen which will display all the info. If similar to the 10th gen, I expect this feature to be available on EX and above trims, with lower Sport/LX trims getting partially digital displays (probably something similar to what the accord currently uses).
Having driven a GLI, I much prefer my wife's Ascent, which has high quality analog gauges that look beautiful. I think LCDs are a good way to make the customer feel special while giving them something cheaper to make.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having driven a GLI, I much prefer my wife's Ascent, which has high quality analog gauges that look beautiful. I think LCDs are a good way to make the customer feel special while giving them something cheaper to make.
I don't really care if it's cheaper or not to make. I like the potential for the display to be at least somewhat configurable. The possible ability to change the color, what info is displayed, what info takes up the largest area based on driving mode, etc. I love the look of Audi's digital cockpit, not that I think Honda will go quite that far with theirs, but having at least some ability to configure and swap out available information (like turbo gauge, music, navigation, etc) appeals to me, and i would venture, most younger buyers. Cheaper to make doesn't necessarily mean objectively worse. And the fact that they can use graphics to more or less give the same appearance as physical gauges while also offering customization to the display, is a win in my book.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I don't really care if it's cheaper or not to make. I like the potential for the display to be at least somewhat configurable. The possible ability to change the color, what info is displayed, what info takes up the largest area based on driving mode, etc. I love the look of Audi's digital cockpit, not that I think Honda will go quite that far with theirs, but having at least some ability to configure and swap out available information (like turbo gauge, music, navigation, etc) appeals to me, and i would venture, most younger buyers. Cheaper to make doesn't necessarily mean objectively worse. And the fact that they can use graphics to more or less give the same appearance as physical gauges while also offering customization to the display, is a win in my book.
Yeah, I think it gets more appealing when you can really configure it, like have the nav screen there - like Audi does - I think the GLI has a more simple one.
Sponsored