• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ACC 11th gen vs 10th gen

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Is the 11th gen Adaptive Cruise Control better/different than the 10th gen ACC? If yes, then how?
Sponsored

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
ACC it is greatly improved. much better crawl to stop. Picks up new Cars in lane better. LKAS is entirely 200% improved. Not as good as openpilot aftermarket but very good at speed and shines in traffic at 0-20 mph. One of the reasons ACC is improved is because they dropped radar (always less sure than camera with todays Algorithms).

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
ACC it is greatly improved. much better crawl to stop. Picks up new Cars in lane better. LKAS is entirely 200% improved. Not as good as openpilot aftermarket but very good at speed and shines in traffic at 0-20 mph. One of the reasons ACC is improved is because they dropped radar (always less sure than camera with todays Algorithms).
Yeah I'm pretty impressed with how well the low-speed LKAS works!
"Sensing" has definitely improved overall since it's inception.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
It'll never be as good as 2017's adaptive cruise control.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
I apologize, I just woke up. Is this sarcasm?
LOL. yeah. No adaptive or electronic assist for pre 2018 models, which I like. Every morning when I turn on my car, the first I do is turn off traction control (and we're getting a lot of snow here in Toronto).

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
LKAS has been updated to work in low speeds as "Traffic Jam Assist", yes?

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping that the lack of radar doesn't hinder collision warning and adaptive cruise at night and in bad weather.

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
Lack of radar is a good thing. Radar only reduces confidence in a model that has a good camera. Boasch cameras are good.much better on highways. The 2016 I had would often lurch. Virtually no lurch. But that has more to do with the lkas being stellar at slow follow. That keeps the cameras in line with follow vehicle which improves the traffic jam assist. These are different systems and the 2022 is vastly superior. It’s not “OPENPILOT” good but it’s pretty solid.

the system doesn’t work in bad weather.It will turn off and tell you that. But works fine in moderate rain.
Radar wasn’t good in bad weather though.

Last edited:

kanav

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Black
80% of my driving is highway driving and I usually use cruise control, lane assist is greatly improved in my 2022 vs my previous 2020 hatchback, the adaptive car sensing feels the same didn’t have any issues with both, i did have many situations in the winter where my 2020 wouldn’t work after slush got jammed into the front bumper, yet to drive in heavy snow with the 2022 yet but I think it will be fine with the new camera-only system

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
i did have many situations in the winter where my 2020 wouldn’t work after slush got jammed into the front bumper,
Yeah, that happened to my '17 a couple times, too. TBH, it probably isn't a good idea to rely on ACC in shitty weather, but when the road conditions cleared up but the radar was still covered in dirty slush, ACC wouldn't re-engage.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
I don't like the ACC. It does work, the issue is other drivers that cannot maintain speed. I'm cruising along at 60mph, then 59, then 58, then 57, then 58. Good grief people! Even with the closest follow setting it seems far away. Too far to camp in the left lane to pass a putt putter. I prefer to close the gap a bit before pulling out to pass.

I also found that when passing and the rode bends to the left and there is a car in front of the vehicle you're overtaking, it senses the car in front and slows down.

I just switched over to the traditional CC setting.

Last edited: