• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android auto stopped working

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
Yeah my AA kinda shit the bed last week. Before that it seems fine most of the time but I noticed it stopped being able to load the route, even though it showed you the overview, you hit the "play" button and it just says "Something went wrong".

I cleared cache, deleted data, reinstalled AA on my phone and cleared data on the head unit and now sometimes it connects, other times it just says my phone version is not supported...

I can see why car companies want to move away from it...

Used both my personal Sony Xperia 5 IV and also my work S23....neither works...
If you turn on developer mode on your phone (Google has articles on how to do it for your specific phone) then select USB debugging it may fix the issue the next time you connect to AA via USB. This helped me when I had issues with newer versions of Android
Sponsored

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I have AA in developer mode, to allow unknown sources apps such as Spotify.
If I'm having issues I turn off Bluetooth and wifi on my phone. Then re enable Bluetooth. It should reconnect and solve the issue. You can do this while the car is on.

Reactions: SPH

McFarticus

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I feel like a jinxed Debbie downer.... Car is still on its first tank of fuel. After being towed into the dealer and spending a week there for a bad throttle position sensor. Picked up car in Thursday. Android auto worked perfectly fine..... Go to drive the car in Friday and android auto no longer works and I get an error "device not compatible check manual for supported devices" from car. Tried both my latest Google pixel and wifes Samsung s23 (latest also). Both worked prior to friday. Both àre no longer listed in the "connect" tab on the cars display. Phone calls and Bluetooth audio to still work.

I've fine the following.
1 removed the phones from the car and re paired. Get compatibility error immediately.
2 removed the car from both phones and re paired.
3 removed android auto from the phones and reinstalled.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?
It sometimes happens once a month, and sometimes it lasts longer. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I too have had to remove the devices from each other and rebind.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Is there a way to reboot the head unit manually? If you go into your system menu there is a way to see the uptime, its actually pretty long, much longer than your time spent driving. So its constantly on even when you are not in it, but at some point it reboots. I know back in the FK8 when the headunit was even more of a disaster, sometimes it hard locks up and you can't do anything until it somehow reboots itself...

213374U

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si; 2000 Land Xruiser
Have dealt with the same since new (just over 1 year with it) but believe I may have found the culprit...

How many of you experiencing this problem also use Waze for navigation? I switched over to Google Maps a couple months back and have not experienced this problem since then. Still skeptical that was it, but hopeful.

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Is there a way to reboot the head unit manually? If you go into your system menu there is a way to see the uptime, its actually pretty long, much longer than your time spent driving. So its constantly on even when you are not in it, but at some point it reboots. I know back in the FK8 when the headunit was even more of a disaster, sometimes it hard locks up and you can't do anything until it somehow reboots itself...
https://[Banned Site - For Spamming]/threads/how-to-reboot-9-head-unit-infotainment.3929/post-39475

Hold home, press the volume knob, and hold the "rewind" button (not the 'back' button, the left side of the skip/previous button rocker) for a few seconds. Enters a hidden menu. Go to 'detailed information'. Hold back, press volume knob, and "rewind" to enter yet another hidden menu. Select "reboot".

People on the other forum are saying this fixed their AA/carplay connectivity issues. I tried it last time, it didn't fix my issues, I had to unpair/forget and repair.

Why there isnt just a restart button available to you on the home screen or even the normal settings menu, we will probably never know.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
I had a rental car over the weekend and AA functions perfectly with my phone(Buick Encore GX), so thats one other question answered if it has something to do with the phone I was using...
Sponsored