• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Android Auto Activation

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
A friend was teasing me how an expensive Honda Civic doesn’t have Wireless Android Auto so started digging around in the diagnostics sections to see what can be done.

Funnily enough it is present as an option but I do also suggest that you use with caution (also with a newer android) since this feature does seem like a beta until further updates are carried out to improve the functionality.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Huh. This could be a different market issue because my NA FL5 came with wireless Android Auto from the dealer. Just paired my phone with bluetooth and it automatically came on.
Must be! You guys get the Bose and the Wireless Android car play 😉

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
It's good to know that I can force Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto to Wired Only if I need to.

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
Also confirm that my car has wireless carplay and android auto (work/personal).
If its the same software that is in your vehicle, it has worked flawlessly for me over the last few months, it does take about 30 seconds to link up sometimes, at worst.
Sponsored