• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Car Charger OEM USA vs CANADA - Swap? How to, and where I am at today (1-29-24)

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 SI, 93.5 Toyota Supra
The Dilemma
Hi everyone - thanks for taking the time to read. I know we all in the USA feel we got the shaft on options that our Canadian counter parts received on their 2022-2024 Si's. There is a YouTube Video that a individual adding a (Asian Market Spec) wireless charger to his car..

The issue he had was he used a dremal.. and had to cut some plastic. The one huge benefit though was he called out a site MikStoreShop that sent him the module and a adapter harness so you don't have to splice wires.

What did I do?

I recently asked online groups id anyone has used a Canadian wireless charger and bezel, sadly no one answered.. Well once in awhile I like to be the guinea pig, after all, it helps the community have information. I ordered on Ebay a used Canadian wireless charger and bezel. This also came with a connector so I was able to bench test the charger before adding it to the car.

After removing the parts and switching over the face plate for the USB's I am able to confirm that fit is 100%..

Next Steps:

A.)
I contacted MikStoreShop about this. I explained I would like to order just the plug-n-play harness that allows easy adaption into the Si without splicing. The person I was talking to said if I buy their HRV USB-C kit that fits in the civic (150.00 USD), they would through in the plug-n-play harness for the wireless charger. I ordered up the HRV to USB-C for the Civic.

B.) 1-29-24 - This package from MikStoreShop is from the Philippians mind you, but a UPS label was created yesterday. Hopefully I will see the package in a few weeks and I will report back.. If this works I will provide all parts numbers to do this swap. I think some of you wouldn't mind splicing wires, but, I am trying to come up with a solution that will make this literally like a factory setup.

C.) I did explain to MikStoreShop I would be making a video and they asked for a callout on it. My plan is exactly to do that. Since I already know the fitment is 100% without any modification this should not be too bad. I want to note this video will include to get remove all the panels, hardware, and screws to complete this change on the the 2022-2024 Civic Si.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I will be posting updates very soon.

D.) Update fully installed now no issues!

2024 Civic Si OEM Wireless Charging Install (Plug-N-Play) (youtube.com)

11th Gen Honda Civic Wireless Car Charger OEM USA vs CANADA - Swap? How to, and where I am at today (1-29-24) CIVIC
11th Gen Honda Civic Wireless Car Charger OEM USA vs CANADA - Swap? How to, and where I am at today (1-29-24) civic 2
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Si
Looking good! I love to see these OEM parts retrofitted. I hardwired a charger from AliExpress (and I think I commented on your original post on Facebook) and ran the wire through the factory rubber mat mounting point. It which works well and looks factoryish, but I really like this.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen
Has anyone sourced an aspec tech package charger? Surely that has to be a direct fit??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Si
This is the same wireless charger from the Touring, Sport Touring, Canadian Si, Type R, A-Spec with Tech, and Type S

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 SI, 93.5 Toyota Supra
So part numbers on the charger may be different, not sure why.. Currently the one I have from Canada is not the same at the FL5 I ordered.. I will be swapping the FL5 charger into the car once the kit comes in for the plug-n-play harness.. I will post Part Numbers for everyone, side by side photos etc...

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
Thanks for taking time to look into this. Looks like I'll be ordering some (more) parts for the Si. I don't like extra wires hanging around.
Sponsored