• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android auto stopped working

kern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Si Sedan, 12 MIata SE PRHT
I feel like a jinxed Debbie downer.... Car is still on its first tank of fuel. After being towed into the dealer and spending a week there for a bad throttle position sensor. Picked up car in Thursday. Android auto worked perfectly fine..... Go to drive the car in Friday and android auto no longer works and I get an error "device not compatible check manual for supported devices" from car. Tried both my latest Google pixel and wifes Samsung s23 (latest also). Both worked prior to friday. Both àre no longer listed in the "connect" tab on the cars display. Phone calls and Bluetooth audio to still work.

I've fine the following.
1 removed the phones from the car and re paired. Get compatibility error immediately.
2 removed the car from both phones and re paired.
3 removed android auto from the phones and reinstalled.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I feel like a jinxed Debbie downer.... Car is still on its first tank of fuel. After being towed into the dealer and spending a week there for a bad throttle position sensor. Picked up car in Thursday. Android auto worked perfectly fine..... Go to drive the car in Friday and android auto no longer works and I get an error "device not compatible check manual for supported devices" from car. Tried both my latest Google pixel and wifes Samsung s23 (latest also). Both worked prior to friday. Both àre no longer listed in the "connect" tab on the cars display. Phone calls and Bluetooth audio to still work.

I've fine the following.
1 removed the phones from the car and re paired. Get compatibility error immediately.
2 removed the car from both phones and re paired.
3 removed android auto from the phones and reinstalled.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?
Hi. So we are talking about a Civic SI correct?

So wireless Android Auto. Not via a USB... correct?

Perhaps you have done this and I don't think this is the problem but make sure you have the latest OS. My Fold updated two days ago. Also, make sure that AA is updated with the latest. I'm not aware you can uninstall AA on either phone you mentioned so you likely uninstalled the latest updates.

Once you've checked those boxes and it still doesn't work. Clear the connection between the phone and the car in the phone (forget device) and factory reset your Honda head unit. You should be good to go.

Please report back.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
I get these issue as well. Using a Samsung S22.

It's happened a total of 3 times, when it stops working I give it a few days and it comes good. The first time it stopped I managed to fix it by deleting and reinstalling android auto on the phone. The second and third time I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did so I just left it and it randomly came good on its own.

Fairly frustrating fault - Honda would need to release a software update for the headunit to fix this

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
There can also be an issue with the data cord. I didn't have one with me the day I picked up the car. The dealer was nice enough to give me one but it was one of those you'd find at the checkout counter at a convenience store. Got the error message you mentioned. Bought a good Anker cable and the problem was solved.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Had this happen 2 or 3 times now and I had to factory reset the head unit each time.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
This just happened to me for the first time. Android Auto randomly stopped connecting and when I attempt to repair and reconnect the phone, I get a "Device not compatible" error message. However, it does still work when plugged in to USB and Bluetooth audio also remained functional. I also ended up performing a factory data reset which did in fact fix the issue, but slightly annoying as I now have got to go through and adjust all of my settings again. Hopefully there'll be a patch for this at some point as it sounds like a few of us have been running into this issue.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Last time it happened I let it sit so I could show it to the dealer and then, the day before I was supposed to go, it started working by itself. I noticed that if you restart your phone it will stop connecting and I had to remove and reconnect to the head unit to get it to work again.

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
This is an issue on Honda's side. Last time I was at the dealer (9/2023) I mentioned it still being an issue where I had to randomly factory reset the head unit and they acknowledged that it is a known problem and "honda is working on a solution and will release an update"

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Yeah, happened last night randomly and when I started it up the next time it worked fine.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
my wireless carplay just stopped working today. I was messing with the connections to try and get the system updates before this happened. i changed the connection to wifi for the updates but didn't work because i couldn't remember the password. maybe i need to change something back. didn't think it would effect carplay.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Just did it again 2 days ago and hasn't come back yet. Gonna have to factory reset the head unit again as usual.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
If your phone is running Android 14 (you can check what version in the "About" section under Settings, there are some known issues when running Android Auto.

If you are tech-savvy, rolling back to Android 13 is one of the fixes until there is a patch.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Yeah my AA kinda shit the bed last week. Before that it seems fine most of the time but I noticed it stopped being able to load the route, even though it showed you the overview, you hit the "play" button and it just says "Something went wrong".

I cleared cache, deleted data, reinstalled AA on my phone and cleared data on the head unit and now sometimes it connects, other times it just says my phone version is not supported...

I can see why car companies want to move away from it...

Used both my personal Sony Xperia 5 IV and also my work S23....neither works...

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Factory resetting the head unit is the only thing that usually works for me.
Sponsored