• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any 1.5T owners do just a tune yet?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Not yet. Winter is upon us and my son is the primary driver of the car where I work from home. He was why we have the new 2022 and is still not fully comfortable from having written off the 2017.

Definitely doing it in the spring though. My boy will be 19 so he will have to have gotten over it by then :p Also it will be tax return time and my first bonus in my new job role so a guy has to treat himself :)
Oh nice! I understand him, the 2022 civic has a longer hood and is wider so it’s definitely going to take a little getting used to. Congrats on your new role ?!
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Will be sure and post up dyno results of these tunes once we have the space to do so.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I probably won’t. One reason I bought the car was to be able to use 87 Octane.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
When is your Orange Si coming?
While the Orange is fire, will be doing white since we will be wrapping it and all of our cars are white with the orange wrap on it.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
While the Orange is fire, will be doing white since we will be wrapping it and all of our cars are white with the orange wrap on it.
Gotcha. Since mine will be Orange definitely going 27Won this time around. I like it when it matches the bolt ons.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Since mine will be Orange definitely going 27Won this time around. I like it when it matches the bolt ons.
Let us know once you pick it up.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't NEED to use 91+ with a tune but I know it is better if you do.
Well, if the tune was designed for 91+ and you run 87 it will either not make the power it's supposed to and decrease gas mileage, or it could knock and chatter and cause problems down the road.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Well, if the tune was designed for 91+ and you run 87 it will either not make the power it's supposed to and decrease gas mileage, or it could knock and chatter and cause problems down the road.
Just stay stock bro put a k&n drop in or that PRL stage 1 is goody too, pump 87 and rip it!

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Well, that is a little hyperbolic.

Modern engine management systems would have to encounter wild variations in fuel air mixtures for them to be outside of what it can deal with to eliminate knock.

And I'll fight ya on the decreased gas mileage.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Well, that is a little hyperbolic.

Modern engine management systems would have to encounter wild variations in fuel air mixtures for them to be outside of what it can deal with to eliminate knock.

And I'll fight ya on the decreased gas mileage.
What he said has some truth. These tunes advance igntion timing and increase boost pressures. That equals a lot more heat generated. 87 will pre-ignite causing knock in those conditions. Tuners tell you 93oct recommended but 91 minimum for good reason. This is even more important in a tuned turbo-charged application*. And you won't find a single tuner worth his salt that will tell you running 87 while tuned is fine.

Can the ECU compensate a bit? Sure, the ECU will pull timing and boost to keep the engine from knocking. But at that point why even tune? Its going to have to keep any added power pulled out to run ok.

Last edited:

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to read some impressions as this intrigues me, and I think I'd like to do it to my hatch, but I know nearly nothing about these things. Must do some research...