• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The i20N is a great car, my friend has one (along with a Lotus Evora), i've driven it and it's awesome! It's a different class of vehicle though and smaller - the CTR equivalent would be the i30N. If you need a smaller car the i20N is the one to get!

I've got an Octavia VRS daily, it's a great family car and surprisingly fun to drive - the FL5 would be be replacing this but it was meant to be an impulse buy! I've got an E46 M3 in the garage for my kicks. I've got a deposit on a Lotus Emira - the launch for this has been a farce and right now Honda is hot on its heels!
I’ve also had a deposit in for the Emira but won’t be going ahead, you are right about the farce, got 2 emails yesterday in the space of 17 minutes, one saying its pushed back to march 23 and then June 23
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I'm worried about price, tax etc as others have said, but also from what I've seen there is also a potential concern about how hard the suspension will be for UK roads.

My MĂ©gane 300 Trophy was so uncomfortable I got rid of it for family duties. The CTR would have to be nicely compliant in comfort mode for me to consider it now.

On the i20n point, as someone's said above its in a different segment size-wise, the direct comparison there is the i30n, which I have been looking at but can't quite get excited about.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I'm worried about price, tax etc as others have said, but also from what I've seen there is also a potential concern about how hard the suspension will be for UK roads.

My MĂ©gane 300 Trophy was so uncomfortable I got rid of it for family duties. The CTR would have to be nicely compliant in comfort mode for me to consider it now.
Have you driven the FK2 before? From what I've heard and from the videos I've seen, it has the hardest ride of all of the hot hatches. The FL5 has to be noticeably softer than this in comfort mode.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Have you driven the FK2 before? From what I've heard and from the videos I've seen, it has the hardest ride of all of the hot hatches. The FL5 has to be noticeably softer than this in comfort mode.
I haven't no but did hear it was quite stiff. I'm no stranger to solid suspension, but the MĂ©gane was on another level!

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
I agree the i30 is a more direct competitor but I never really wanted to it and (for me) the extra space is not needed. I think the extra weight (it's 300 odd kg heavier than the i20) blunts a lot of the extra hp anyway.

They're also a lot of money now.

Anyway sorry to go off topic guys! But hey, what else do we have to talk about lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MrB

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
I bought a MK3 Focus RS without a test drive, the drive modes were just different levels of harsh.
Sold it for an FK8 where the drive modes actually work. The FL5 needs to be the same.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Agree, the FK8 is just right and covers all ground on ride settings. Comfort mode is very much like any other family car but still crazy enough to have fun. I really hope the FL5 hasn't changed in that regard but I've now seen a few comments saying it's a harder ride. How much harder and if it's too hard is the big question. If there's no demo cars then there'll be no way to know other than other owners reviews who have them.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Just got a message from a closed dealer mentioning the full detail will be released in Jan 2023 :banghead:
I personally think this might be a bit pessimistic as the Top gear review is on the way but still worth mentioning here.
What's a closed dealer?

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I don't think any of our UK dealers have a clue at the moment, they are all in the dark and will get the info at the same time - anything else is just pure speculation. Meanwhile, My FK8 is now at ÂŁ32k valuation, keeps moving around

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Where did you get the valuation on your FK8?

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Thanks, I have been keeping watch on prices and most are under 30K, usually around 27k but all have 20-40,000 miles on the clock. Mine has 5000 miles on it and is a 2019 so I just wonder what I'd be looking at if I sold it Vs what Honda might offer on a trade in.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Thanks, I have been keeping watch on prices and most are under 30K, usually around 27k but all have 20-40,000 miles on the clock. Mine has 5000 miles on it and is a 2019 so I just wonder what I'd be looking at if I sold it Vs what Honda might offer on a trade in.
Who know, mine is a facelift 2020 so not many about, whereas with 19 plates there are loads (I had two 19 plates). just put it into the typical sites like cazoo, wbac and motorway to give you an idea
Sponsored