• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Thanks, will have to have a look and compare the options selling private, trade in or cazoo etc.
Sponsored

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
So we have the spec sheets now at the dealers, specs look decent bar the Bose which I have heard is a bit rubbish anyway. Hopefully we get the prices and allocations early this week.

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? 81547349-C25C-4972-B797-82D52577A25B

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? 0DABAEF0-4E33-4FC3-B1AF-655A7C90E370

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? C1276C8B-F7E9-4670-8AD3-BEDC4C991C4D

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? BAC7FFBA-C3FB-4D60-80EB-734562CFE617

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
The audio system is likely the bose system without the bose badges and probably the bose system isn't actually bose anyway. Often the speakers are made by Panasonic or some other brand and just carry the bose licensing/badges. No mention of a subwoofer either. Do wonder if it is better sound quality with more bass than the FK8 audio. It is just about tolerable but lacking really in the FK8. They may even offer an optional extra 'High Performance Bose Audio System' and charge a premium for it as many other car brands seem to do.

Overall though, looks to be almost identical to the UKDM FK8 GT.

Last edited:

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The audio system is likely the bose system without the bose badges and probably the bose system isn't actually bose anyway. Often the speakers are made by Panasonic or some other brand and just carry the bose licensing/badges. No mention of a subwoofer either. Do wonder if it is better sound quality with more bass than the FK8 audio. It is just about tolerable but lacking really in the FK8. They may even offer an optional extra 'High Performance Bose Audio System' and charge a premium for it as many other car brands seem to do.

Overall though, looks to be almost identical to the UKDM FK8 GT.
I don’t there will be a sub or an audio upgrade option. I ended up replacing my speakers and putting a small removable sub in the back of my fk8…

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah it's unlikely but I think they should offer a better audio system. Or just put a really high end one in as standard. I know it would bump the price of the car a bit but I would be happy with that.

I thought about upgrading mine with better speakers and a sub but didn't bother in the end.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Yeah it's unlikely but I think they should offer a better audio system. Or just put a really high end one in as standard. I know it would bump the price of the car a bit but I would be happy with that.

I thought about upgrading mine with better speakers and a sub but didn't bother in the end.
I ended up going full hog with sound proofing the doors etc. But I’ll take it out when I sell the FK8. Not long now for the price release, I believe Chris Harris will be driving it on top gear next Sunday 20th, I’m confident the prices will be out by then.

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
The quality of the music system is the last thing I am bothered about, just tell us what it costs & when we can have one!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Each to their own mate. I'm a musician and audiophile so it matters to me. As long as it's as good as (hopefully better than) the FK8 then I'll be OK with it.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I can see Top Gear being the platform to let the cat out of the bag and give us the price and official release date.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Each to their own mate. I'm a musician and audiophile so it matters to me. As long as it's as good as (hopefully better than) the FK8 then I'll be OK with it.
Same, bar the musician bit, I’ve got micro precsion speakers in my FK8, worth a google

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Definitely be something I consider if the system in the car is poor.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I can see Top Gear being the platform to let the cat out of the bag and give us the price and official release date.
I think this is probably right - presumably embargo date for all the other reviews too.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
It's the perfect platform to use to do it, makes total sense.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Just spoke to a large dealer re pricing and he is pretty certain it will be ÂŁ45k

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Just spoke to a large dealer re pricing and he is pretty certain it will be ÂŁ45k
The price is not releaved offically. I just got a response email from Chisiwick Honda that there should be an update this month, which was supposed to happen in September.
Sponsored