• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Oh wow the conversion rates have improved somewhat!

I guess if they can only sell one per dealer due to emissions they can ask what they like!
Sponsored

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Now if we all had some degree of financial savvy/responsibility like that then the country would be in a much better place.

Some of the decisions my peers mate (and don't get me started on some of my younger friends) are all based around I want it now, who cares how much interest it will cost, I'll never be able to afford a house but I do have something shiny for Instagram...

Don't even get me started on the likes of klarna and the rise of takeaway apps rinsing the younger generations of their money and then they're wondering why they have no house deposit.

It's shocking. Might be a good choice. Plenty of exciting affordable metal out there.

I sound so old and grumpy and I'm only in my 30s!
Agree! I am in my late-20s and just launch my business. My saving could easily cover up the £47k price tag but when I got the call this morning about my allocation, I withdrew it and stayed with my GR Yaris for daily. FL5 is a great car and might hold its value. But considering the recent and potential turmoil in the finance market, I would rather hold tight with my cash and maybe use it to buy a house in the recession.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Well this is rip off Britain, the land of milk and honey.

That seems to be exactly what Honda have done, they've seen the US prices the car has been selling for with the ridiculous ADM's and then thought they would take the money themselves from the UK buyer.

Bear in mind that exporting/shipping from Japan to the UK is cheaper than Japan to US. They're making even more from that too.

There is absolutely no explanation or justifiable reason for this pricing. I hope it results in them losing the entire sale of this car across the UK for their greed. They will likely still sell them even at this disgusting price. If they don't then they will sell in Japan or free up production for another country.

Honda have lost me as a customer and I'll decide whether to keep the FK8 or get a different car entirely.

It's not that I can't afford the FL5, there's just no way I'm paying that price for one and refuse to be ripped off, which is exactly what this is, a rip off.

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
We will keep the FK8, its only done 20.000 miles & has the remainder of the 5 year service, warranty & breakdown cover.
As much as I am pissed off with Honda for this crazy pricing I cant see anything out there better than my FK8, we need five doors. Its already got great residual value, this pricing will only help.
The original plan was to upgrade the FK8 to the FL5. The new plan is to sell the MX5 & buy the GR86 which I have on order for Spring. Test drive booked for Sunday.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yep same here, 5k mileage, extended 2 years of warranty left, service plan until 7/2024.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
I went to see a dealer before summer to book a SGP unit and told them I would pay the price knowing it was going to be nuts.

I got a call yesterday around 18 pm saying we had a first allocation of 19 units in Spain, of which only 1 was SGP and all SGP and CW had been taken up already with a reservation without any formal contract or document, just by emailing an ID copy and a bank transfer of 6k Eur. I told the salesman I do not want black or blue neither am I going to send someone 6k without a formal document or reservation. I am going to see them next week to talk about a second batch which will come with a higher price but this is a joke. It seems like dealing with the italian mafia, well done Honda, you just lost me a big chuck of respect for the brand.

I can get a very similar price for a CLA 35 with extras but that is not the car I wanted and it is not manual. Are others considering waiting or which alternatives? (The looks of the i30n is a big no for me, my personal preference)

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I'm just hanging onto what I am driving now tbh. I do still keep an eye out for a 2021 second hand FK8 but other than that no real alternatives for me. I have already mentioned that the CTR being the prefect size for me and my small family. It can be a good daily to do school runs and pick up groceries amongst other stuff because of its space and boot size. If I am not doing any of that I could still have some fun driving.

I am thinking maybe I should save up now and buy the facelift/refresh version in 2 years time if Honda are going to release one. But I am not hopeful I can save enough in that time frame, I guess the most realistic solution will be to wait for a second hand to come onto the market and see what prices they are going for then, I don't expect to see many though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
I have two kids and had high hopes for the FL5 to be my daily. I am fine with the Scirocco but I need the rear doors at some point and the bigger boot. I get what you are saying but I think second hand for this car will be maniac (sort of like looking for a M2 CS with a reasonable level of depreciation due to use). What a disappointment, I find myself thinking if I can file a complaint against Honda Europe or just man up and look somewhere else. Golf R, GTI, Yaris GR, i30N and FK8 and a no no for me due to either styling or size and I will only go SUV over my dead body! hahahaha

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Yeah, the alternative you mentioned are the exact reasons why I am not considering them as well either, though I actually don't mind the FK8 styling as I am already driving an FK7 but with the FK8 I would prefer the facelift version. Cars won't be getting any cheaper from here on the inflated prices today whether its cars or whatever we are buying is the new standard.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Seriously considering the AMG A45S and Porsche Cayman now. More money but if I can work up the funds, so much more car and superior quality than a rip off FL5. I'd love to be able to get the full on Porsche Cayman GT4 RS but that's maybe a tad out of my price range 😪

Only thing with the Porsche is the lack of luggage space so that's not practical and something to consider.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Seriously considering the AMG A45S and Porsche Cayman now. More money but if I can work up the funds, so much more car and superior quality than a rip off FL5. I'd love to be able to get the full on Porsche Cayman GT4 RS but that's maybe a tad out of my price range 😪

Only thing with the Porsche is the lack of luggage space so that's not practical and something to consider.
If I find;’t need a one scar do it all and 4 seats with a big boot, then the Type R would not be on my list, I can’t believe people keep comparing it to a Cayman, such different cars, one is a 4 seater family car and the other a 2 seater sports car. Their application is completely different

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Oh yeah, totally agree with that, the only thing I am comparing is the price. I know the Porsche is an entirely different species. It's more a case of "what can I have for similar money". The base Cayman isn't far out from the price of the FL5.

The AMG A45S is more comparable as a practical family hatchback car with 5 seats and boot space. It isn't comparable on price though, unless it was the A35 then it is much closer but again, not quite the same animal as the R or the 45S.

Just trying to weigh up options here, pros and cons, cost, practicality etc etc. Like everyone else, we have a list of cars that are in the league/ballpark. The options are limited and restricted to what is out there, fits individual needs and requirements and is affordable to us.

Stay FK8, pay more and step up the ladder, pay the price for the FL5 or climb an entirely different ladder.

Decisions, decisions 🤔

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So not one of us has gone ahead with our order? Wonder how many are going to go straight into collections.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Doesn't seem any of us here are going ahead. Not surprising though. It's a shame it has ended up like this but Honda only have themselves to blame for it.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have been looking at options to liberate a little more power out of the i20N but unfortunately nobody has really put into development into the N cars beyond tuning boxes and tacky add ons.

Can't say I'm surprised mind you. KDM definitely not the new JDM haha.

Good luck with whatever you guys go for.
Sponsored