• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
These cars will now have all gone.

When I declined mine, it was sold same day to #2.

I'd say this is a pretty niche forum, for UK people at least.
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
You're probably right about that. Although I don't see it remaining that way. More will be made available in the coming months/years.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
So I went back to my dealer and had a chat with them today. Configurator is down in Spain because there will be almost certainly a price increase for the next batch. Those 19 units were for the announced price. I left a copy of my ID and told him to make me the first of the next batch. I know the price will be nuts but I am hoping this car will keep its value and even become collectable (why not).

I have an offer for a Mercedes CLA 35 AMG with standard seats, adjustable suspension and few more options for 63k but even with all the tech, the screens, the DCT, the german built quality... when I am alone in my thoughts I know deep inside I want the design and the driving experience in the type R. I am going to pay more than I did 1 year ago for a BMW M2C I imported from Germany but that car is now worth much more than I paid and I hope the same happens here. Anyone in the UK has been given information about the second batch of cars with a slight price increase?

Note - Honda has increased the price of all it's range in Spain, including 2k Eur on the hybrid civic.

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
If they even consider increasing the price further than the already stupid price they have announced, then that is just more reason not to buy it and even more of a rip off.

The question is, in Spain is it the dealer setting the price or Honda? Is it like the US where dealers buy the car in and can sell at whatever inflated mark up they like? Could this just be the dealer ramping up the price?

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Have you actually ordered one? What spec, cost, wait time etc?

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
No, I don't have a car at the moment, alwasy rented if there was a need. Will consider buying a porsche after this economy recession.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
In Spain Honda is setting the price and the dealer is just enjoying the margin. I know the price is bonkers but there are other cars I recently configured and the price I got was equally insane :
- S3 for 61k Eur with paint and adaptive suspension
- Rs3 not a single extra - 79k
- Cayman S - In black and the rims I like - 85k
- Peasant M3 - Only paint chosen - 120k
- CLA 35 AMG shooring brake - 69k

I dont know all who are talking about better alternatives for the same price where they want to shop around, I guess only second hand is an option and I dont want a second hand vehicle. So, probably, Honda will rip me off.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Wow, those are some shocking prices!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Have been looking at options to liberate a little more power out of the i20N but unfortunately nobody has really put into development into the N cars beyond tuning boxes and tacky add ons.

Can't say I'm surprised mind you. KDM definitely not the new JDM haha.

Good luck with whatever you guys go for.
Hey buddy! Guess what I've just bought?! I found a brand new intense blue i20N cancelled order that arrived at a dealers last night and I've bought it!

Taking a step back, the price of the FL5 is insane. I don't have to sell my current car now (Octavia VRS) and I get the N in the week once it has gone through PDI. My friend also has one so looking forward to fun times ahead 😎

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
You will love it mate.
A UK tuner has just got hold of one too.

https://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=665_668_671&product_id=1953

Hopefully im allowed to copy links.
If you don't need a bigger boot it's a superb cut price hot hatch espicially when the CTR is 21k more!!

Happy motoring!

Hey buddy! Guess what I've just bought?! I found a brand new intense blue i20N cancelled order that arrived at a dealers last night and I've bought it!

Taking a step back, the price of the FL5 is insane. I don't have to sell my current car now (Octavia VRS) and I get the N in the week once it has gone through PDI. My friend also has one so looking forward to fun times ahead 😎

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
In Spain Honda is setting the price and the dealer is just enjoying the margin. I know the price is bonkers but there are other cars I recently configured and the price I got was equally insane :
- S3 for 61k Eur with paint and adaptive suspension
- Rs3 not a single extra - 79k
- Cayman S - In black and the rims I like - 85k
- Peasant M3 - Only paint chosen - 120k
- CLA 35 AMG shooring brake - 69k

I dont know all who are talking about better alternatives for the same price where they want to shop around, I guess only second hand is an option and I dont want a second hand vehicle. So, probably, Honda will rip me off.
Australian pricing for comparison, converted to Euros (on road pricing)

Civic Type R 46838 euro
Audi S3 55,500 euro
RS3 66602 euro
CLA 70818 euro (no shooting brake in Australia, this is for the sedan).
Cayman S 106784 euro
M3 108240 euro

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah and Oz is a little tiny bit further to ship all those cars than Spain is!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
Buy the CTR for me JBO, I will visit Aus and NZ and pick it up! lucky pricing. Are you going to go for one as daily?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
So I went back to my dealer and had a chat with them today. Configurator is down in Spain because there will be almost certainly a price increase for the next batch. Those 19 units were for the announced price. I left a copy of my ID and told him to make me the first of the next batch. I know the price will be nuts but I am hoping this car will keep its value and even become collectable (why not).

I have an offer for a Mercedes CLA 35 AMG with standard seats, adjustable suspension and few more options for 63k but even with all the tech, the screens, the DCT, the german built quality... when I am alone in my thoughts I know deep inside I want the design and the driving experience in the type R. I am going to pay more than I did 1 year ago for a BMW M2C I imported from Germany but that car is now worth much more than I paid and I hope the same happens here. Anyone in the UK has been given information about the second batch of cars with a slight price increase?

Note - Honda has increased the price of all it's range in Spain, including 2k Eur on the hybrid civic.
I can confirm the price increase although not for the CTR but the regular hybrid Civic.

I received a call today from my dealer because I had registered my interest for the Hybrid Civic a while ago. He asked me if I was interested in booking a test drive, and I told him the Civic was out of my price range and I am not considering buying, but truth is I’m no longer interested in the current Civic’s anymore.

He then told me that Honda is planning on increasing the prices of their cars across the range so I guess this will apply to the CTR as well.
Sponsored