• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
I

If you have not had the call already you won't be getting one. one car per dealer, crazy times
They still have my £500 pre-deposit, so I am expecting a call!
Sponsored

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Just gave up my slot. Again confirmed one per dealer.
Hope I've done the right thing.. But I wanted a car not a collectors piece.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Just watched a french review.
55000 euro plus a 12000 !!!! euro eco penalty = 67000 euro.
That's almost 58,000 pounds.
So...in comparison, UK pricing looks fair.

What sucks is, here in Oz, Caymans are double the price of Type R.
If you can get Caymans for Type R money, get a Cayman!

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Just remembered the price was releasing today, went to the Honda website and 47K! That's just crazy! It is essentially still a Civic at the end of the day! My dream of owning a Japan made CTR (not going to get anymore JDM than that :D) is over. Glad I didn't put any deposit down, saves me the hassle of asking it back!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I was #1 and I've just given up my slot.
You have to put 2 colour options down so no guarantee that you can get what you want.

They are hoping to hear news of further allocations in Feb/March at which point UK road reviews will be out. If it's a 10/10 car and I can get my colour (SGP) then I may go for one then.

It's a lot of money for a civic though!

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Has anyone on here actually decided today to go ahead?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now if we all had some degree of financial savvy/responsibility like that then the country would be in a much better place.

Some of the decisions my peers mate (and don't get me started on some of my younger friends) are all based around I want it now, who cares how much interest it will cost, I'll never be able to afford a house but I do have something shiny for Instagram...

Don't even get me started on the likes of klarna and the rise of takeaway apps rinsing the younger generations of their money and then they're wondering why they have no house deposit.

It's shocking. Might be a good choice. Plenty of exciting affordable metal out there.

I sound so old and grumpy and I'm only in my 30s!

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The pricing is just baffling. Is the new interior and adjustable drive settings worth that much more because it is still the same FK8 engine. I would argue, yes the interior is a big step up but if you compare to some other cars out there it's still not right up there. The dash display and infotainment system from what I've seen online is ok, but not amazing. Still not sure how they can justify the price tag. Surely they need to include a sunroof as well? :D Even then, it's still shouldn't be within the same price bracket as a M2.

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Now if we all had some degree of financial savvy/responsibility like that then the country would be in a much better place.

Some of the decisions my peers mate (and don't get me started on some of my younger friends) are all based around I want it now, who cares how much interest it will cost, I'll never be able to afford a house but I do have something shiny for Instagram...

Don't even get me started on the likes of klarna and the rise of takeaway apps rinsing the younger generations of their money and then they're wondering why they have no house deposit.

It's shocking. Might be a good choice. Plenty of exciting affordable metal out there.

I sound so old and grumpy and I'm only in my 30s!
Same, I'm in my very early 30s. Jumped on the property ladder last year. I have got enough cash at hand that can buy a Porsche 911 easily. But I don't want to pay something that doesn't worth its true value, yes, I'm talking about FL5. It's a scam and we shouldn't fall into the trap and allow them to rip off the consumers.
I've never owned a car before, but the new civic type r caught my eye last year. It's a pitty that I couldn't own it. But, it's the right thing to do.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe try an fk8 buddy. Really good car, had one for 2.5 years.

Otherwise if the car is just a toy maybe indulge in something you aspired to own if you were into cars as a kid. Grew up around some fantastic cars in the 90s and 00s and not all of them have reached ridiculous values.

What are you guys gonna do with your lives now the speculating is over and we've all been shafted!?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I might look for something cheaper and fun maybe late 2000s era - just need 4 seats and isofix to justify it!

Beenom

First Name
Moneeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz
£47k!!! How is that justifiable when in the US it's 43k USD (£35.8K gbp), yes maybe the US version gets a few fewer modcons but not £11ks worth.
Honda UK taking a leaf out of US dealerships' books by applying their own ADM. :D
Sponsored